• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! "What did you recieve in (Starry_Solo's)Christmas in July Exchange?"

ZAPPED! "What did you recieve in (Starry_Solo's)Christmas in July Exchange?"
I want to say a big Thank You to Li (Starry_Solo) for all of her hard work in organizing this Christmas In July. I had a wonderful time both in receiving and preparing and sending my gifts. None of this would have been possible without you. I look forward to the next exchange. Thank you again. This was a wonderful experience.

Aww, thanks so much! I enjoyed the exchange too, pairing people up was fun! :) If DPF doesn't do a SS exchange at Christmas, I'd happily volunteer to set that one up too!

I hope everything is okay with my SS ): They haven't posted yet ;A;

I'm so sorry I haven't posted yet. I got your package the other day. Was so excited to get it that I actually opened it in my car once I got to work. I absolutely loved it!!!!! The most thoughtful present ever!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! Pictures won't be able to be posted until after D23 as my computer is in the shop and won't have access to photos. The drawing was amazing. I will be looking for a frame for it. Also I got an Abu WDI Sorcerer pin for my collection as well as a calendar, candy, a my little pony figurine, a cute Mickey Mouse Figurine and stickers!!!! But the drawing was amazing!!!! How did you know it was my favorite scene??? ;-)

I want to say a big Thank You to Li (Starry_Solo) for all of her hard work in organizing this Christmas In July. I had a wonderful time both in receiving and preparing and sending my gifts. None of this would have been possible without you. I look forward to the next exchange. Thank you again. This was a wonderful experience.

Seriously Li this was an awesome exchange and so well organized kudos to you you are amazing and so look forward to next exchange :)

Seriously Li this was an awesome exchange and so well organized kudos to you you are amazing and so look forward to next exchange :)

Aww, you are too kind! I am glad everyone had a great time and here's hoping that our last 3 people receive their gifts this week!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted yet. I got your package the other day. Was so excited to get it that I actually opened it in my car once I got to work. I absolutely loved it!!!!! The most thoughtful present ever!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! Pictures won't be able to be posted until after D23 as my computer is in the shop and won't have access to photos. The drawing was amazing. I will be looking for a frame for it. Also I got an Abu WDI Sorcerer pin for my collection as well as a calendar, candy, a my little pony figurine, a cute Mickey Mouse Figurine and stickers!!!! But the drawing was amazing!!!! How did you know it was my favorite scene??? ;-)

By stalking all your old posts like a lunatic...:facepalm: That's why you got a pony too...I checked your SS from Christmas wants like thing LOL

Ok. I have to voice my feelings on this. Why do people sign up for things like this and then drop the ball? Someone very close to me went out of her way to make the package she sent very special. She spent WELL over the $10.00 and even got the Christmas paper out of the garage rafters to make the package fun. This was a Christmas in JULY thing. My close someone kept waiting and waiting for her package and finally today, in AUGUST, she gets a small padded envelope with two small pins. Absolutely no thought was put into this gift. Nothing cutesy, nothing special. I feel quite bad for her.

Ok. I have to voice my feelings on this. Why do people sign up for things like this and then drop the ball? Someone very close to me went out of her way to make the package she sent very special. She spent WELL over the $10.00 and even got the Christmas paper out of the garage rafters to make the package fun. This was a Christmas in JULY thing. My close someone kept waiting and waiting for her package and finally today, in AUGUST, she gets a small padded envelope with two small pins. Absolutely no thought was put into this gift. Nothing cutesy, nothing special. I feel quite bad for her.

What?! Okay, my sis will look into this but when we get a chance to meet up when she eventually has a pin meet in Corona, we will take care of this for sweet Erin!

THIS. my SS never posted or acknowledged the gift in anyway, and I wish I had gotten someone like your close someone who would have appreciated and enjoyed getting a package that I put a lot of thought into. I really adored my gift from my SS, but it totally sucks for what I sent to go unacknowledged. thanks for putting up with my many emails asking for updated, Li. you are a rockstar! :rock:

That is so wrong. It sounds like you took a lot of pride in the package you sent and you should have been acknowledged with a huge thank you. So sorry to hear that you too are disappointed.

THIS. my SS never posted or acknowledged the gift in anyway, and I wish I had gotten someone like your close someone who would have appreciated and enjoyed getting a package that I put a lot of thought into. I really adored my gift from my SS, but it totally sucks for what I sent to go unacknowledged. thanks for putting up with my many emails asking for updated, Li. you are a rockstar! :rock:

I would have to agree...I probably went waaaaaaaaaaay overboard, I mean my package cost 11 bucks to ship! I had to beg for conformation of receipt and I felt kinda bad. I won't post some other things here because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings...but I feel like on my end the thought just wasnt there.

I will also say, that this was my very first time and I had no idea what other people were sending or what the real "standard" was. I sent three pins (one from her wants for a keeper, an OE for trading, and an LE for trading), some makeup (Disney lip glosses), a letter to her, and a bunch of candy. While I did put in a lot of time searching high and low for stuff, I didn't actually make something for her. I think if I had, I prolly would have been crushed at the lack of response! I think I could definitely do better, but I had no idea what exactly was expected of me.

Not to derail the direction the thread is heading, but I finally was able to upload the photos to show just how spoiled I was by Miki. Without further adieu, here's what I received. Truly, she went above and beyond! Thank you again sooo much hun!

bth_IMG_1624.jpg
bth_IMG_1625.jpg

and then a semi-close up of my favorite thing: an amazing Belle drawing!!!! (oh, and the pins too!!! I about lost it when I saw the locket!)

IMG_1627.jpg

Sorry for the size on some of the photos, stilll learning how to resize things . . .

You did fine. You added some fun stuff along with your pins and some yummy candy. My persons envelope had a note scribbled in pencil on lined paper and a note on the back of a business card. (Was this person trying to advertise or what?) I found it to be a very cold gift, as though they just threw a couple of pins in the envelope and sent it on it's way. I guess I just don't understand it.

I will also say, that this was my very first time and I had no idea what other people were sending or what the real "standard" was. I sent three pins (one from her wants for a keeper, an OE for trading, and an LE for trading), some makeup (Disney lip glosses), a letter to her, and a bunch of candy. While I did put in a lot of time searching high and low for stuff, I didn't actually make something for her. I think if I had, I prolly would have been crushed at the lack of response! I think I could definitely do better, but I had no idea what exactly was expected of me.

Very nice gifts!!!

Not to derail the direction the thread is heading, but I finally was able to upload the photos to show just how spoiled I was by Miki. Without further adieu, here's what I received. Truly, she went above and beyond! Thank you again sooo much hun!

bth_IMG_1624.jpg
bth_IMG_1625.jpg

and then a semi-close up of my favorite thing: an amazing Belle drawing!!!! (oh, and the pins too!!! I about lost it when I saw the locket!)

IMG_1627.jpg

Sorry for the size on some of the photos, stilll learning how to resize things . . .

Yes I kind of went out of my way BUT that is what I wanted to do for my person, she really liked it if you can't make something so what it should be the thought that counts I was leary of doing it again because if the Christmas one, but I did it and the gift I got was a very thoughtful one and I loved it. I guess every person has their own idea of what they want to do so we should all be happy with what we get as a gift regardless. just my 2 cents worth

(Posted this on the wrong thread first)

I really want to apologize for my delay in posting what I got. I tried to post the day I got it, but I kept receiving error messages. Then my best friend passed away unexpectedly this week, and I have been going through a really hard time and havent been up to pin activities lately. But i really want to thank disneyfan123 and his girlfriend for putting together a beautiful package. It was way more than i ever expected, and really was heart warming to me during this rough time.

here is a pic of my pixie themed package

love the pins, music box which my 2 year old is fascinated with, loads of sweets, the pixie cup, and the wash cloth
and of course it was adorable that they included pixie stix

Also what was included was the beautiful personalized drawing. Im not sure if disneyfan123 drew it or his gf, but whoever is has talent. It is lovely

thank you so much for this lovely gift which was way more than i ever expected, and again sorry for the delay in posting.

bth_IMG_1624.jpg
bth_IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

Awe Im so thrilled you liked everything again so happy you liked my drawing i made so many before i sent this one out and Im glad you liked your belle compact pin it wasnt on your wants but i thought she must have it lol. wish i could have done more but so glad you enjoyed your gift. Belle was my favorite princess until Tangled came out so I had a lot of fun putting your package together so glad you were my gift receipient :)

I really want to apologize for my delay in posting what I got. I tried to post the day I got it, but I kept receiving error messages. Then my best friend passed away unexpectedly this week, and I have been going through a really hard time and havent been up to pin activities lately. But i really want to thank disneyfan123 and his girlfriend for putting together a beautiful package. It was way more than i ever expected, and really was heart warming to me during this rough time.

love the pins, music box which my 2 year old is fascinated with, loads of sweets, the pixie cup, and the wash cloth

Also what was included was the beautiful personalized drawing. Im not sure if disneyfan123 drew it or his gf, but whoever is has talent. It is lovely

thank you so much for this lovely gift which was way more than i ever expected, and again sorry for the delay in posting.

No worries were glad you recieved your packaged and liked it and that we were able to cheer you up. We had a lot of fun putting your gift together and Im glad you liked our pixy themed goodies and my drawing :) I think the funny thing was before we signed up for the this exchange I had bought that stained glass tinkerbell for either a trader or zap and then we got our gift reciepients and then we noticed the pin was on your wants lol it was fate :)

That is fate! I love stained glass pins and of course tink is my favorite :) it was such a beautiful addition to my tinker bell collection. Thanks again

Great items! :)

I'm sorry to hear that some people have not received their gifts or are unsatisfied. My advice is to keep waiting for the gift to arrive or to hear from their recipient (sometimes life gets in the way!). And if you sent yours out, and know the person didn't say anything, that sure does suck! But take pride in the fact that you know you poured your heart in to something :) Some people aren't as good as posting thank-yous as others, or acknowledging the amount of work that went in to something. But you were awesome for putting it together!

I'm sorry to hear that some people have not received their gifts or are unsatisfied. My advice is to keep waiting for the gift to arrive or to hear from their recipient (sometimes life gets in the way!). And if you sent yours out, and know the person didn't say anything, that sure does suck! But take pride in the fact that you know you poured your heart in to something :) Some people aren't as good as posting thank-yous as others, or acknowledging the amount of work that went in to something. But you were awesome for putting it together!

so true i love this happy positive post :)

Back