• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! FREE pin AND lanyard!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! FREE pin AND lanyard!!!!!!!!

fireheadfred

RedBaron &Girl with magic hair
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hi family

i've been in a low place so
i'm doing something fun to cheer me up ( and you guys to!)
... FREE AUCTION!

so heres the prize:
39D095C5-1845-42DD-ADE8-0244435BCE7E-3128-000001E5ECCF895A_zps500fcac9.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey Lanyard

and a random pin
( reason that has not been chosen as i will try and make sure you like the film its from first)

what you have to do to win this?

simple!

-share a photo/ imagine with story about something that makes you happy/laugh/smile
-share one GOOD thing about DPF ( negativeness and back handed complement is automatic disqualification)
&
- GIVE ME AN ART IDEA! trying to build up my portfolio and i want to show a large variety of work. could be just a character thing or a pin or a product

winner will be picked by random generator
OR
someone other then me
(as last game i couldn't pick and everyone won)

game will end
23rd July
9pm UK time

:)

:hug:

Last edited:
pic that makes me happy:
c36f104e-acfd-4d63-ae71-effe35fc4a74_zps6369d9eb.jpg

That's one of my miniature dachshunds, Daisy. Both our dogs love to dig in the sandy area of our back yard, and this was the day Daisy found a lovely rock out in the sand. she proceeded to grab it, bite it, bury it, and dig at it. My mom thankfully got a picture of it, and i love looking at this pic. it reminds me how goofy and silly our pups can be, even with the simplest things ^^

Good Thing About DPF:
Just ONE good thing? How can I pick just one? ^^ well, if i MUST pick one, i have to say that it's how welcoming people are. i've been on a lot of forums where people won't give you the time of day if you're new. Whereas, here, i just started getting active in the forums about a month ago (i know my join date was in 2011, but i'd never done much on here until just recently). So, i'm actually pretty new. Since i've been on here, though, i've been treated really nicely by all the members. they've been more than happy to answer any questions i have, give me advice, trade with me, and welcome me to established threads and discussions. it's been an awesome experience.

Art idea:
I think it would be cool to have a pic of Mushu and Crickee taking a nap together. Mushu could be curled up like this:
pin6808
( pin #6808 )
with Crickee curled up either on him or by him ^^

This is a picture of my grandpa receiving the second half of his birthday gift at DSF. It was seriously one of the happiest days of his life. My grandpa means a lot to me. Hes been my father figure and well a parent figure in general and gave me opportunities in life that i dont think all the thank yous in the world would be enough to show how grateful and thankful i am. He was so happy about that day hes still talking about it and even showed my boyfriends mom his lanyard and shadowbox and told her about all the fun he had in hollywood. Which brings me to one of the many reasons i love DPF. The so many wonderful and thoughful and generous people. My aunt asked for help aquiring pins for my grandpas birthday and people sent so many asking to notbe sent anything back in return. It really blew my aunt and i away and my grandfather too. In fact hes so excited about his new hobby he created a pin pics and a forum account. So our family hobby is growing. It started with my aunt and cousin then my boufriend and me and now my grandpas apart of it too. Now for a character drawing since my grandpa is dressed as abe lincoln maybe you can draw a stitch as abraham lincoln. I know theres some abe stitch pins on pin pics you could draw inspiration from :)

269429_10150326985646271_1382982_n.jpg

that is the picture that makes me happy. I call it "Shakespeare's National Geographic Cover Photo" And I just love him to death, this pictures makes me laugh every time I see it!
The best thing about DPF are the GENEROUS people, especially those who are likely to zap new people, and people who have never been zapped.

I'd love to see you draw some fantasia, especially a centaurette :)

f8b99523c031cce004a5cddde845010d_zpsd9100779.jpg

This is a pic that makes me smile. New Year's Eve 2008. My mum died in 2008, I had been a mess since as we lost her very suddenly. My now wife, who at the time was my best friend and housemate, bought me this little fella and turned up at the door with him. I've never been happier. We named him Gizmo and he is still my best friend. He turned my life around and gave me something to live for.

best thing about DPF is how generally friendly everyone is here. Ask a question and someone will have an answer. It's a great place filled with lovely people.

Art ideas. I would love to see some "what happened next" pictures. I the cases where we don't know. Lilo all grown up. Ariel and Eric old, lady and the tramp with their grand kids etc etc

buzzs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This picture makes me smile every time. It reminds me of a fantastic holiday and the great interaction I had that day with Buzz Lightyear. I had my hair in pigtails and the handler said 'look Buzz here's Jessie now!' Buzz got all excited and went into Spanish mode. We danced, twirled, he pulled my pigtails. I had the time of my life and was reminded of the Disney magic. It's there no matter how old you get. :) and my kids at work think its cool that Ive danced with the real Buzz Lightyear :)

The best thing about DPF is, that during the short while I've been here it feels like home. I've made some lovely friends, (Including YOU sweet sweet Hollie!) strangers have been so kind to send me pins. (Like my gorgeous Tangled PODM!) Just to be kind :) Ive gained some great penpals, obtained some brilliant pins and been able to share my life (sad and happy) with you guys. Family is the perfect word to describe this forum and I am glad to be apart of it :) <3

Now for the arty stuff! How about designing a calendar? 12 different characters doing different activities for each month, I.e Rapunzel and Flynn celebrating St Paddys day at the Snuggly duckling for March! (Non-alcoholic beverages of course!) Anna from Frozen and Kristoff, Olaf and Sven in a winter wonderland for December etc etc :)

Great idea Hollie :) <3

Last edited:
buzzs.jpg
[/url][/img]

this picture makes me smile every time. It reminds me of a fantastic holiday and the great interaction i had that day with buzz lightyear. I had my hair in pigtails and the handler said 'look buzz here's jessie now!' buzz got all excited and went into spanish mode. We danced, twirled, he pulled my pigtails. I had the time of my life and was reminded of the disney magic. It's there no matter how old you get. :) and my kids at work think its cool that ive danced with the real buzz lightyear :)

spanish mode buzz!!!!! <3

This picture probably makes me the happiest of any photo ever! It was our first (professional) family picture. I love it because we are so obviously enamored with her, and she's like "who are these crazy people lovin' on me?!" I think of it as her Rodney Dangerfield expression. :) our daughter is a great joy, as in one month, I went from facing a complete hysterectomy to losing an ovary to getting pregnant! it was a crazy rollercoaster month, but now I have my sweet lil princess.

383935_2298867756123_1086628823_n.jpg

bonus pic: my daughter as Punzie at the end of the movie (i.e. brown hair)

581555_3776807903703_74403957_n.jpg

DPF: ooooh, I love the forum. I love that here, people dont think Im crazy for loving pins and trading. Im among friends here! even if I dont know you well, we have our common love of pins, so we will always have stuff to talk about.

Art Idea: we see baby Punzie and toddler Punzie, can we get some toddler Flynn & Maximus?! a Max PTD?

This is a picture of my grandpa receiving the second half of his birthday gift at DSF. It was seriously one of the happiest days of his life. My grandpa means a lot to me. Hes been my father figure and well a parent figure in general and gave me opportunities in life that i dont think all the thank yous in the world would be enough to show how grateful and thankful i am. He was so happy about that day hes still talking about it and even showed my boyfriends mom his lanyard and shadowbox and told her about all the fun he had in hollywood. Which brings me to one of the many reasons i love DPF. The so many wonderful and thoughful and generous people. My aunt asked for help aquiring pins for my grandpas birthday and people sent so many asking to notbe sent anything back in return. It really blew my aunt and i away and my grandfather too. In fact hes so excited about his new hobby he created a pin pics and a forum account. So our family hobby is growing. It started with my aunt and cousin then my boufriend and me and now my grandpas apart of it too. Now for a character drawing since my grandpa is dressed as abe lincoln maybe you can draw a stitch as abraham lincoln. I know theres some abe stitch pins on pin pics you could draw inspiration from :)

your grandaddy is the bees knees!!!!!! i bet he brightens up every single room!

1005943_10152967226745057_1757777957_n.jpg

23r79d2.png

This picture makes me smile because it is of me and one of my bestest friends, a wonderful, lovely, beautiful girl. A girl who is not always as happy as in this picture, but should be because she deserves it! A girl who I need to see more often (silly work schedules!) because she is a lovely light who shines on everyone!
(I also like this picture because of our matching hats teehee)

URL=http://s112.photobucket.com/user/tokyodisneydad/media/DSCN0597.jpg.html]
DSCN0597.jpg
[/URL]

Ok first...here is the picture that makes me smile every single time that I see it. It's a picture of my wife and two daughters on our first Disney Cruise. Now the story behind why this makes me smile. This vacation was our very first vacation together as a family. I was still trying to build a relationship with my (step)daughters and we had just started our family life together.

If you want to read the whole trip report of our time in WDW and on DCL here is a link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1569813

However I will give you a highlight moment for me. This trip had it's ups and downs. I was often tired as this was in the time that I had just started dealing with a new treatment regime for leukemia and I needed ALOT of patience dealing with teens. Read the report and you will understand what I mean. Well I ended up making sure that everyone else got to do what they wanted to do and sacrificing alot of my hopes and wants. That was ok mostly because I was trying to be a good dad, but one thing disppointed me alot....During the WDW part of our trip I never got to meet Goofy. Every time I saw him everyone wanted to do something else. This was a continuing theme straight onto the ship also. well finally towards the last night Goofy was in the lobby taking pictures. Finally I got to meet Goofy...Clearly to this day I remember the feeling of waiting in line and having that special moment. I felt like a 5 year old wanting to meet his hero. I was about to pee my pants with excitement. I can't explain it as I'm a grown man and know that Goofy is a character and just a CM in a suit, but at that moment I got to shake Goofy's hand, dance, hug and get an autograph I was overwhelmed with emotion. I cried then and I still cry just thinking back. Even with all the difficulties we had that was the best vacation our family ever took together.

Now what is special abuout DPF...There are ALOT of wonderful people here that take the time to celebrate the good...like my victory over leukemia. They celebrate with me through kind words or Zaps or just listening to me talk too much. There are people here that enjoy the murder games that I was the main one who developed them and that makes me happy. Thee are people here that have helped me through some VERY rough times by opening their ears and hearts. I mean I collect pins and I like pins, but being here has never been about pins for me...it's been about friends. That's why I will go out of my way when I can to payback to the others the kindness that has been given to me here. I will never be able to equal what I have recieved from fellow members.

Art Project...I would encourage you to do something non princess...expand....I would love to see a whole collection of Goofy goes traveling drawings...draw him with World famous landmarks...Then send them all to me ... lol

Goodness, I shall have to come up with an entry for this! I've been longing to get a lanyard and that sorcerer Mickey one is adorable. I haven't got access to my photos right now but I know just the one I'm going to choose. I will be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back