• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! FREE pin AND lanyard!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WINNER ANNOUNCED!!! FREE pin AND lanyard!!!!!!!!
Aaaaand I'm back! Told you I would be, whoo hoo!

For my picture, I knew I wanted to share one from when I went to Disneyland Paris, as it remains my favourite holiday and a very happy memory - plus it seems appropriate, this is DPF after all! I went with my parents and my best friend, to celebrate my 18th birthday. We stayed in Hotel New York, which was dad's little joke as my sister went to New York for her 18th and I was offered to do the same, but chose Disneyland (who wouldn't, right?!) I had the best time there, my friend and I went on nearly every ride, collected autographs, and had many a late night chat about stuff as it was the last year of school and we knew things would be changing soon. It was our last "hurrah" to be as childish as we could and really enjoy it. I've since discovered that DLRP first opened in the year I was born, so we celebrate the same birth year, which makes me even fonder of the place.

Anyway, on to the picture. This was one of my favourite moments of the trip:
164359_10150105805680709_6481799_n.jpg

Sorry that it's not a great photo, but it still captured the moment and that's all that matters to me. That's me, dancing with Goofy. Twice whilst we were there, there were characters in the lobby - once Minnie (got a lovely picture with her, too) and the second time, Goofy. When my friend and I walked up to him to get our photo taken, he grabbed me by the hand, swung me around, and we did a little dance together. It was wonderful, absolutely magical. I just loved every second of it, and you can see my friend was greatly amused as well! There were times during the week when we had trouble meeting characters as they tend to focus on little kids first (totally understandable, but the pushy parents who physically elbowed us out the way weren't!) so to have Goofy meet us and let us take a photo was fantastic. To have him get me to dance was even better. It just made me smile and every time I look at the photo, that grin comes back on my face. It doesn't matter to me that it's a CM in a suit, or that he probably dances with loads of guests. What mattered is that for that moment, someone wanted to make me smile, so they did something special that made me very happy. If we all did that once in a while, the world could probably be a lovelier place.

Which brings me on to what I love about DPF - people here do things to make people smile, and within this forum, I can feel like the world is getting a little better. Whenever I read about a someone getting zapped, or getting helped to get a grail, I am so pleased for them and proud to know the people on here. I've only been a member for just over a month, yet I've been zapped twice by amazing, lovely people, and have been able to get a pin I really wanted by buying at a price I could afford from a fellow member. Even the sales threads on here are great because people want to help fellow collectors out, so they make their prices reasonable and save collectors from resorting to the Bay whenever they can. All-in-all, the love and kindness people show for other members is what makes this forum great. Long may it continue!

I also love DPF for the contacts it enables you to make - to set up trades, to send and receive zaps, to track down other collectables, and with you Hollie, to get some great artwork! If it weren't for DPF, communication with you wouldn't have been possible, and I'd have seriously missed out.

For an art idea, I would say, do more dogs and cats! Now that I've seen how well you can draw them (hardly surprising considering how talented you are!) I'd love to see more. I adore your little Stitch as Abe Lincoln, perhaps you could do him and other characters as other prominent historical figures? Also, just for the fun of it, I'd love to see Pascal in a top hat and bow tie :D

I think that covers all the entry requirements, I'm sorry if I've rambled on for too long. This is a great competition, thank you for running it! I'll stop typing now... :p

Also, Hollie, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling low. I hope that this thread has cheered you up and helped you to feel better :). If you want someone to talk to, please feel free to get in touch. I know we don't know each other too well but I'd like to help if I can in any way. Hope you get back to feeling right as rain soon! :hug:

Also, Hollie, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling low. I hope that this thread has cheered you up and helped you to feel better :). If you want someone to talk to, please feel free to get in touch. I know we don't know each other too well but I'd like to help if I can in any way. Hope you get back to feeling right as rain soon! :hug:

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 you the sweetest most wonderful thing<3 your story made me smile very very much... im sure Tokyodisneydad is jelous too as he loved goofy <3 <3 dancing with a character seems so much fun!!! <3 <3 also your art got posted today! so it should be with you tommorow <3 <3

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 you the sweetest most wonderful thing<3 your story made me smile very very much... im sure Tokyodisneydad is jelous too as he loved goofy <3 <3 dancing with a character seems so much fun!!! <3 <3 also your art got posted today! so it should be with you tommorow <3 <3

Aw, I'm blushing! I'm glad I was able to bring a smile to your face, you definitely deserve to feel happy! It was great fun dancing with a character, especially as they started it. Not sure how well they'd react if I walked up to them and just tried to start a waltz, haha!
Squee, art! I'm so excited, I shall be looking out for it. Hopefully it will be here when I get home from work tomorrow, which will cheer me up after four hours of grumpy customers. Thank you again! <3 x

zu7a8a7u.jpg

This is my niece at Orlando Airport last summer during our Disney World vacation. She insisted on carrying her own bags and zipped out in front of us wherever we went. It was hilarious to watch her weave her way through the crowd like a global traveler, despite this being her first flight.

Why Do I Like This Forum?

I'm new here, so I'm not really qualified to answer just yet. I do like the idea of being able to buy pins in the marketplace from actual pin collectors instead of just anonymous people from eBay.

Drawing

I'm also not really qualified here either. My best stick figure still comes out looking like the victim of some sort of horrible accident. But you couldn't go wrong with something Haunted Mansion related in my opinion.

This is such a great idea. Well, my picture is this:

09c52f7f-f322-455f-89c9-5721ff8bb8b8_zpsab44122d.jpg

This a photo of my best friend, Chris, and I when we met Mike and Sulley at Hollywood Studios this past spring. Me and Chris have been friends for as long as I can remember and everyone calls us the real-life Mike and Sulley. Monsters Inc. is our favorite movie of all time and quote it constantly, no matter what scenario we're in. He's basically my brother, and he's always been there for me, pushing me to follow my dreams to one day make it as an animator at Pixar. We've always been side-by-side through anything so it was upsetting when Chris found out he had to transfer to a bigger university that better suits his major, which is far away from where we live. So it was awesome that we were able to go to WDW together before he ventures off. It was the best trip ever, and we fit everything in that we could! The highlight was definitely meeting our Pixar counterparts. I'll always laugh at this photo because I decided not to wear my Mike and Sulley shirt to Hollywood Studio that day, and in the end, Mike began to point at my shirt and throw his arms up in disgust that I wore a Wreck-It Ralph shirt and not an MI one instead! :D So yeah, this photo is one that I'll always cherish! I look at it know that no matter how far we are apart, me and Chris are the dynamic duo 'til the very end!

The pin forum is one the best thing's I've ever seen. The amount of generosity and support I see given to one another on here is just astounding. It really shows that there are great, genuine people left in this world. Plus, I love that there is a community that anyone can join and share the love for Disney that we all have together!

And an art idea, hmmmmm... I think a good idea would be to draw unlikely duos together. I bet you could create a really funny scene by pairing up two characters that would never interact normally. I would say go with obscure characters too! It would really give you a variety of characters to draw :)

77.jpg

This picture makes me smile because it reminds me of my grandpa's silly sense of humor. We are dancing to one of his favorite songs, and I can always hear it playing in my head everytime I see this... "he was a one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater and he sure looked strange to me..." We lost him 5 years ago, but pictures and memories that these need to be honored for the good times still make people smile.

I love DPF because of the people.. Even though it may be slow to work at times, the people are worth waiting to get into chat, or the excitement we all have over new pins.. this sense of community and that we are apart of something.

Art idea would be... well two actually... either stuff based on the song, The Purple Eater... it has some great imagery in the lyrics that may lend itself well to drawings, or Elmer the Elephant (a Disney short)

So here is a picture that makes me happy, smile, and laugh, all at the same time!

f132e128-f7d9-45de-907a-4d07c5c69d5c_zps4a2e68d5.jpg

So this picture represents so much! This is the first time that I've ever gone to WDW. It's been a dream since I was younger to go to Disney World. It had always been a dream that went to the back burner of my mind, because I felt like it would not ever happen. In 2012, I graduated from college, and I turned 22. This wonderful person pictured above tells me and pushes me to go to and plan a trip to WDW. We ended up going, and it was such a wonderful and magical experience. It was a taste of independence and freedom, and it was one of the happiest moments in my life. One of the things we prepared for this trip were costumes for the Mickey Not-So-Scary Halloween event. I was Mr. Smee, and I forced this wonderful person to dress up as Russell from UP! I made the Wilderness Explorer badges and took some time and effort into making it. He was able to buy the clothes and to put it together to make the most awesome costume ever! There were a few who wanted to take pics with him! It was cool! This picture was taken in the Magic Kingdom, on the Tom Sawyer Island caves. As a person who loves photography, I needed to take wilderness pictures of Russell!

There are many wonderful things about DPF, but I would say that connecting with so many people here is such a positive for me. I am not at all a pin genius or anything, but what was so amazing is being able to converse with so many of the wonderful community members in DPF. It is so great to see so much positivity and kindness. What is amazing is the selflessness of so many members here that it gives me hope for the goodness of humankind.

I would say that as a Mulan fan, I would love to see a drawing of Mulan in her pink dress and make-up, but some of the makeup smeared off, and her hair not tied but flowing in the wind. And I would love to see her holding a sword and doing a stance. I just love the idea of balance, so seeing a balance of "softness" and "roughness" would be awesome to see. Either that or having pink dressed Mulan staring into a mirror and seeing her reflection of her being Ping.

You are amazing fireheadfred! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back