• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

would you make this trade? UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you make this trade? UPDATE

reeneibakini

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I was just wondering what people think of this trade:
I would be trading my
Pin 61587: WDW - Cinderella w/ Bluebird
for:

Do you think trading the cindy pin is worth those two?

Last edited:
My first question is do you feel good about the trade? If the question is "no". I would say pass. Always follow you gut feeling. That being said: You have a 500LE with a 1:15 ratio. The OEs being offered are more easily obtained. I myself would hold out.

Unless the OE's are very hard to come by, and you want them really bad, I would pass also....just my $.02

I'd pass. It's an LE500 for Open Edition pins. Granted, they're older OE pins, but the Ariel one seems like an easy trade given the W/T numbers, and sold recently for just $10 on eBay. If the trade would make you happy then definitely go for it - but since you're asking here, I'm thinking you're not super gung-ho.

-JD

Thanks guys, yeah I dont like REALLY need those two pins right now or anything but I feel like I try to offer fair trades but I never get any bites so I was begining to question my judgement on pins worth. I think I am going to hold on to my Cindy pin for now. Thanks again for your opinions!!

Some people are really rude....So I had originally sent out a TA that had a comment saying please take a look at my traders to see if there was anything else they were interested in. And I got a response saying they didn't need the original pin I was offering but that they would be interested in the Pin 61587: WDW - Cinderella w/ Bluebird
and offered a couple different not as good LEs for it. Which I didn't want to trade for, I looked at her other pins and she has some of my most wanted along with a couple other older wants and (again thinking my judgement on pin value was wrong) I said I might we willing to trade it for any two of a list of pins. And she came back offering the two easiest of the pins she could. (And I'm pretty sure she is an experienced trade will all the pins and types of pins she has, she has to know realative pin value pretty well). And figured since some of the pins I was asking were a lot harder she would have chosen at least one of each. Thats when I started this thread asking people what they thought about the trade. Then after thinking about it all day I sent her an email back saying this:

~Hi *****,
I hate when people do this to me so I feel bad but I thought about it today and the more I though about it I dont think I can let the Cindy pin go for those. I am really sorry, I feel really bad becasue I really do hate when people do that to me but I would regret it if I traded it for those.
Did I mention that I was sorry :(
Renee

And I got this response:

~Renee, You know I HATE it when people do it to me also ~ it really is unfair to me

I'm not going to lie, what I did was a really big petpeeve of mine and I did feel bad but I thought about it and her response really kinda made me mad. She HAD to have know it was an unfair trade and that she was taking advantage of the situation. I sent her a reply saying:

~I asked some people what they thought about the trade and everyone thought it was a very lopsided trade and Im sure you knew that and what I hate more is people taking advantage of others who dont know as much. And that really is unfair....

Although I was wrong, and mostly it was my second guessing my pin judgement, I think it is pretty rude to being saying how unfair it is for her when she is knew it was lopsided and just going to take advantage of someone like that...Idk I could be totally in the wrong....

Hey Renee,

I'm with you on this one. The bottom line is that it IS your pin and it was a lopsided trade. AAAANNNNNDDD YOU DO have the right to change your mind, it happens.

Until both parties say "yes, I agree to the trade", any and all actions are fair game. Don't beat yourself up.

The passive-aggressive reply she(?) gave you would have had me foaming at the mouth. I hate that stuff.

At least you were honest with her!!! I hate when people, afer a few days of negotiations, all of the sudden "misplaced" the pin and cant seem to find it. Yet a week later it is still on their trades list . . ..

I personally love your Cinderella pin!!! ANytime your interested in trading it, just let me know.

As for the ordeal, yes, you admitted you felt bad about doing something, that you would hate in return, but her response seemed a little harsh, especially when you said you weer sorry, twice!!!!

Maybe she was having a bad day. :) Yeah, we'll go with that. You did good!

Vicki

My two cents- I think there was misunderstanding on BOTH sides here. I don't think either of the potential traders meant to be rude or unfair. It's unfortunate miscommunication. I also think mistakes can be made, however, & saying "I'm sorry I made a mistake (in this offer) helps a lot.

Last edited:
Hey, Sweetie - smile, know you were upfront, you apologized profusely. Now, put them on your avoid list, move on and trade til ya' drop. :wiggle:

Thank you :) I will definitly be avoiding them. I guess they sent out a mass email telling people not to trade with me and she blocked my email I guess so I couldn't even explain/applogize for the missunderstanding :( A bit childish I feel....but o well hopefully I will still have my friends here:x:

Last edited:
Renee
PM me I am curious who it is,so I can keep an eye out,you did the right thing dear....There are better traders (you included)that will trade with you

Thank you :) I will definitly be avoiding them. I guess they sent out a mass email telling people not to trade with me and she blocked my email I guess so I couldn't even explain/applogize for the missunderstanding :( A bit childish I feel....but o well hopefully I will still have my friends here:x:

WOW. Extreme over-reaction much? That's just...one of the most insane things I've heard about, and there is some INSANE stuff in this hobby.

000ep120

Is the other person a member here?
If you don't mind I too would love a PM with their name so I can remember to be cautious/avoid them! ^_^

Also,in no way am I defending them,but I wonder if they perhaps saw this thread and thats why they seem to be really prissy about this?Though if they chose the 2 easiest pins they're definitely being shifty about this,a case of experienced thinking they're pulling one off on a newcomer

I truly think both folks are good people. I just think there was MUCH miscommunication and misunderstanding. Over-reaction on both sides is also probable. Its really too bad :-( there could have been good trading here.

I truly think both folks are good people. I just think there was MUCH miscommunication and misunderstanding. Over-reaction on both sides is also probable. Its really too bad :-( there could have been good trading here.

I agree there was a lot of misunderstanding, and I tried to smooth it out/ explain things better (I hate drama) but she blocked my email so I couldn't. But I'm not worried about it :) Peace, Love and Pin Trading :)

Yeah, it's from Glee. :)

I was actually trying to find another specific Glee "Haters Gonna Hate" one, but couldn't find it to save my life. So Dalton boys it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back