• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2011 HM Chasers Already??

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 HM Chasers Already??

lucan444

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
pin82559th72
Pin 82559: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Orange Bird Collection - Flying (CHASER)
Added by DLRPinTrader9201/20 11:13:50
pin82558th72
Pin 82558: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Cute Yeti Collection - Scaring (CHASER)
Added by DLRPinTrader9201/20 11:13:46
pin82557th72
Pin 82557: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Cute Yeti Collection - Face (CHASER)
Added by DLRPinTrader9201/20 11:13:44
pin82556th72
Pin 82556: WDW - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - Classic 'D' Collection - Pluto (CHASER)
Added by DLRPinTrader92

Wow they are not even released here yet and already we are going to be chasing!!!
oohhhhh Booyyyyyyy!!!!
Darryl

This is a general question, but what do you guys really think about chasers?

IMO, its one of those things that "sounds" neat, but in reality it just seems like it leads to a lot of "pin angst." And over the years, if there is one thing that is most harmful to the enjoyment of pin collecting/trading it's pin angst. No one likes to not be able to get what they want. It's cool if you are one of the "haves," but if you live 1200 miles away from the park, and you know traders are going to treat them like gold, because no one knows how limited they really are, and it saps the fun right out of it. And now everything seems to have a chaser.

*twitch*

I may have had a little seizure.

Will we ever be able to compete a set with all these chasers!?

But I do like the all metal pins!

Hopemax - Personally, I'm all for chasers I can find on lanyards basically for free. Granted, I live near DLR, so my perspective may not be the one you're looking for. But yeah, finding one of the Blue 10th Anniversary cast chasers on a lanyard is awesome - it's like finding 15 bucks on the ground.

As for chasers in blind-packed mystery products that actually cost money? I guess I'm down on them now that I know Cast Members are probably molesting the supplies. I was cool with it before, although I do feel that the rarity of chasers should be described in full on the product packaging.

Chasers are just a way to creat even more excitement and get you to buy more pins.
The crazy thing is they are technically unfinished pins. They just dont have the enamel on them and people go nuts for the.

I can imagine Disney Artist saying, "Hey! I'll bet we dont even have to color these things and can get people to buy the rough blanks before we even put color" and they are right.

It's like in the baseball cars days, they print a few gold foil cards, give them a monetary value and put one in like every 1000 packs.
People buy the packs and can care less about the cards in them in their pursuit to find that special card.

But on a closing note, just remember that everyday there are new collectors who are all hyped up and gotta have it, and then the flipside is people who were hyped up, spent tons of cash and got burnt out and sell their collections for pennies on the dollar. Give it time to cool down and you will get them for a fair price or trade.

All pins when new and when all the hype trade harder and cost more but eventually many new things will come out and the old will be forgotten as the new frenzy starts.

Chasers are just a way to creat even more excitement and get you to buy more pins.
The crazy thing is they are technically unfinished pins. They just dont have the enamel on them and people go nuts for the.

I can imagine Disney Artist saying, "Hey! I'll bet we dont even have to color these things and can get people to buy the rough blanks before we even put color" and they are right.

Ah, I never thought of that but you're right. They are just unfinished blanks. Interesting. :)
Going to have to add some of these to my collection one day.

I guess there doing chasers for all of them then.

An excerpt from today's post by Steven Miller on the Disney Parks Blog:

One new thing this year is having “chaser” pins in the Hidden Mickey pin series for Florida. I would have done the same for California but I instead created the alphabet series. We have featured chaser pins in various retail pin sets during the past few years. Basically, there will be a select number of “chaser” pins in wave one. There will not be a chaser pin for every style; I only selected a handful of designs. You’ll immediately recognize them as they will be silver colored. I can’t say how many chaser pins were created for each of the designs selected. I can say they will be slightly rarer. So if you find one, you can do the “happy pin dance” (I can show you those moves later).

Again, look for these pins coming to Cast Members’ lanyards in Florida in late January/early February. Happy Trading!
I also posted the entire update in this thread: WDW & DLR Hidden Mickey 2011 lists for wave 1 :)

I'm not so sure how I feel about these. They aren't really chasers, but more like another set of HM pins, you know? Cuz it isn't like a mystery pack that you buy and only a few of them have these pins. You get them the same off of lanyards, just like regular HMs. Hm... they are alright.

I really do believe that this is Disney's way of finding a cheap way of selling pins. :/

Atleast the Rapunzel chaser from the reveal/conceal set had three stones, a little something extra for you too look forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back