• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I know what you mean LittleMermaidAriel.....I need to purchase some selves as well. I'm running out of space for my dollies and I don't even have all of them on display...><

I'm thinkin' that this seller has another account that is bidding against what others are placing because they don't have what is advertised. I'm guessing they didn't get the Ariel/Eric dolls. If you check the name of the highest bidder, they are at zero so my thought is that it's a fake account.
excuse the pun lol but....this i hope this poor unfortunate soul doesn't think they're getting this much for it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLD-OUT-Li...016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e37e0be8

I've looked at the great pictures of Ariel/Eric dolls people have posted and I'm left wondering why some people have gotten them before me? Please don't take this as negative, more like Sheldon's (Big Bang) way of thinking: I ordered the dolls at 12:02am, I am in the U.S. but won't be receiving them till Friday the 25th. From the postings that I've seen, most of the peeps over seas have gotten them already. Hmmmmmm. Are any of the U.S. collectors receiving them before Friday? I find this very interesting. :eek: But then again, I have noticed that UK Disney does ship very quickly. I had someone get me a pin on Thursday and already got it today! I know that it would take about that same amount of time to only get a blastoff email :p Anyway, I'm very excited to get my dolls but my main concern is getting them in good shape. I'm just afraid of quality since it seems that Disney is slipping a bit on that aspect. And since UPS sucks, I'm afraid they might decide to be extra mean to my package this time and really damage it :cry:

I'm thinkin' that this seller has another account that is bidding against what others are placing because they don't have what is advertised. I'm guessing they didn't get the Ariel/Eric dolls. If you check the name of the highest bidder, they are at zero so my thought is that it's a fake account.

Yeah, thats true I've heard also that people just make ebay accounts to jack prices up to ruin it for the seller thinking that they were going to pay that much but actually not..it happened a lot when people trying to get san diego comic con tickets.

Yeah, I like eBay for things I really can't find and when I think that I've pretty much got it in the bag with an item, somebody suddenly bids and then what I end up paying is more. And they only do it once, too, like if they weren't trying very hard. That leads me to believe that someone just wanted to jack up the price.

Yeah, I like eBay for things I really can't find and when I think that I've pretty much got it in the bag with an item, somebody suddenly bids and then what I end up paying is more. And they only do it once, too, like if they weren't trying very hard. That leads me to believe that someone just wanted to jack up the price.

That happened with me when I tried to get my silver Cinderella. I had to pay $100 more for it because "someone" just bid seconds before it ended and stopped right below my max bid. What was odd was that there was another auction for the same item at to the same price with no bids. So didn't get why that person would bid on the same auction instead of another with no bids (by the way the other auction didn't end up selling) so to me that smelled a lot like jacking up of prices so they got my max bid.

But ur yeah that auction looks so sus, no one would pay that mug just for those three dolls. If anything I would understand around the $400 mark with Ariel and Eric currently at around $300 and Ursula at around $130. But for someone to put a max bid of $1000 is just ridiculous and then for someone to bid on top of that even though you could buy those dolls at buy it now prices for much less just reeks something dodgy going on. I do hope the regulators pick up on this because there is clearly something dodgy going on.

Hi guys was wondering if someone might be able to help me with something. I have been umming and ahhhing over whether or not I should get the Aladdin and Jasmine designer journal (as I managed to get all the others) does anyone still have the journal available in their store? Because by the time I finally decided I did want to buy it it sold out online (which always seems to happen due to my indecisiveness). If they are still available at your store and you are willing to help me out can you please pm me? Sorry I know this is a lot to ask but I would be grateful as it would still be cheaper than having to resort to eBay. I think the cheapest I can get it on there at the moment is for $30 which is almost double the original cost.

Hi guys was wondering if someone might be able to help me with something. I have been umming and ahhhing over whether or not I should get the Aladdin and Jasmine designer journal (as I managed to get all the others) does anyone still have the journal available in their store? Because by the time I finally decided I did want to buy it it sold out online (which always seems to happen due to my indecisiveness). If they are still available at your store and you are willing to help me out can you please pm me? Sorry I know this is a lot to ask but I would be grateful as it would still be cheaper than having to resort to eBay. I think the cheapest I can get it on there at the moment is for $30 which is almost double the original cost.

I can check if my store still has some, i was going tomorrow anyway to get my little sisters halloween costume..are you just looking for aladdin and jasmine?

I can check if my store still has some, i was going tomorrow anyway to get my little sisters halloween costume..are you just looking for aladdin and jasmine?

Thanks so much ahn_dray_uh. Yes please the jasmine and Aladdin journal is the only journal that I am still missing. Just pm me if you are able to get one when you go in tomorrow to organize payment and shipping. Again thanks so much for your help!

One day I will own Belle and Beast, I couldnt afford them when they were released unfortunately! But Luckily I was in the US when the merchandise was released so I managed to get a journal and mug! Which if I was in the UK, I wouldn't have been able to purchase :)!

I'm hoping next year one of my friends in the US who I met on my college program will be able to nab a Pocahontas Journal and Mug for me!! Then I have the main ones I wanted ^_^! I'm going to start saving for the Pocahontas doll now (if they're releasing poca) haha

I can also check for you. I want to try and go to the DS this weekend for an exchange on an ornament that came broken for the second time. I think they still had a couple last week of Jasmine and Aladdin. I will let you know :)

I can also check for you. I want to try and go to the DS this weekend for an exchange on an ornament that came broken for the second time. I think they still had a couple last week of Jasmine and Aladdin. I will let you know :)

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate the kindness you guys have shown me! Just send me PM if you were able to find one for me so that I can arrange payment and shipping. I will do the same and PM you if I manage to get the journal before hand. Again thanks so much much littlemermaidAriel and anh_dray_uh!!

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate the kindness you guys have shown me! Just send me PM if you were able to find one for me so that I can arrange payment and shipping. I will do the same and PM you if I manage to get the journal before hand. Again thanks so much much littlemermaidAriel and anh_dray_uh!!

Glad I could help. I want to try and go tomorrow and avoid the craziness of the weekend, so I will definitely let you know :)

I know my store sold out Polaris, but they keep getting mugs randomly in, so I will check too.

As for ebay, maybe the person put a crazy high bid in thinking no one in their right mind would go over a certain amount when there are BINs for less. I did that once for an ooak polymer mermaid. Lucky for me someone else either had the same idea or really really wanted her because they outbid my outrageous bid. I am so glad I didn't win and since then I don't get so risky.

Shipping update: So apparently, my order was originally incorrectly sorted and then found in Longwood, Florida this morning. Bear in mind that I live in California, so someone messed up big-time somewhere! This is what reads on the UPS website right now as the most current action this morning:
An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.

The up-shot is that they are supposed to be delivering it today by the end of the day, so I guess it's getting the VIP treatment. Now with my luck, they are going to show up when no one is available to answer the door, right?

I've looked at the great pictures of Ariel/Eric dolls people have posted and I'm left wondering why some people have gotten them before me? Please don't take this as negative, more like Sheldon's (Big Bang) way of thinking: I ordered the dolls at 12:02am, I am in the U.S. but won't be receiving them till Friday the 25th. From the postings that I've seen, most of the peeps over seas have gotten them already. Hmmmmmm. Are any of the U.S. collectors receiving them before Friday? I find this very interesting. :eek: But then again, I have noticed that UK Disney does ship very quickly. I had someone get me a pin on Thursday and already got it today! I know that it would take about that same amount of time to only get a blastoff email :p Anyway, I'm very excited to get my dolls but my main concern is getting them in good shape. I'm just afraid of quality since it seems that Disney is slipping a bit on that aspect. And since UPS sucks, I'm afraid they might decide to be extra mean to my package this time and really damage it :cry:

The UK does ship things out quickly and they do seem to arrive quickly, but also keep in mind that the whole of the UK is about 94,000 square miles, which is less area than about 20% of the states in the USA, so I would hope that it never takes anything very long to get from one part of the nation to the other. In the West Coast of the USA, we always get our orders last, just because the DS shipping center is in Tennessee, and they just process orders by number, not geographical location. So our orders are being processed the same time as people's orders in the Midwest, the South, the Northeast, etc., and then UPS receives them and then it is all about how long it takes for the item to be driven to its destination.

Hopefully, UPS handles your parcel well, but as people have mentioned, it really is up to the individual work ethics of each UPS worker... My biggest concerns are actually with the actual quality of the dolls, as there have been quite a few bad quality dolls that made it out of the factory (smudgy paint, poor clothing construction, loose embroidery threads, wonky eyelashes, messy hair...).

I'm so glad to hear your dolls are located and on the way. I'm still waiting on my set too, but now the shipping is showing and they look to be on track. I once mailed a letter which went from the East Coast to the West and then back to the East Coast where it was delivered. Mail likes to roam.

I'm so glad to hear your dolls are located and on the way. I'm still waiting on my set too, but now the shipping is showing and they look to be on track. I once mailed a letter which went from the East Coast to the West and then back to the East Coast where it was delivered. Mail likes to roam.

Thanks! I am also very glad to hear that your doll set is also on track to making its way home! The worst thing about situations like these is that the items in question are not easily replaced if they get lost (though I am sure that some stock was withheld as backup for a few hiccups, but that stock will also be depleted at some point).

I finally received my Ariel today, I am prbably the last person in the world. hahah

Not the last person. Mine is scheduled for delivery next Monday. It takes them two weeks to get my dolls here. I check my tracking every days just to be sure my set's headed the right way!

I would definitely give the Disney Store a call as it is almost a week into the order being made and it still has not been shipped. They usually ship it out within the week that the order was made or at the very latest by Monday.

Thanks, I called Disney and the girl didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I am just glad my order is still active. I placed the order at 12:05 a.m. pacific time, so I thought I would be ok, but I guess you never know. I sure hope I get this doll because I Love the Little Mermaid and collect all things TLM. I will probably be the last person to receive my doll. She told me it could be shipped out tomorrow or the next day (friday). Ugh, I feel like this is the longest it has ever taken the Disney Store to ship something. I understand that a lot of orders were placed, but come on, over a week just to get it shipped? I am so happy for everyone who has received their dolls. When I do finally get them, I am going to try to post pictures of them in my little mermaid room that I am making (probably won't be done till after Christmas).

I would love to see your Little Mermaid room Cheyenne! I can't wait for us not to move around as much so that I can finally create The Little Mermaid room with all of my treasures. I have a very large Ariel collection, but almost everything is stored away for protection. One day I will be able to have my Little Mermaid room along with my general Disney room. :)

Shipping update: So apparently, my order was originally incorrectly sorted and then found in Longwood, Florida this morning. Bear in mind that I live in California, so someone messed up big-time somewhere! This is what reads on the UPS website right now as the most current action this morning:
An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.

The up-shot is that they are supposed to be delivering it today by the end of the day, so I guess it's getting the VIP treatment. Now with my luck, they are going to show up when no one is available to answer the door, right?

The UK does ship things out quickly and they do seem to arrive quickly, but also keep in mind that the whole of the UK is about 94,000 square miles, which is less area than about 20% of the states in the USA, so I would hope that it never takes anything very long to get from one part of the nation to the other. In the West Coast of the USA, we always get our orders last, just because the DS shipping center is in Tennessee, and they just process orders by number, not geographical location. So our orders are being processed the same time as people's orders in the Midwest, the South, the Northeast, etc., and then UPS receives them and then it is all about how long it takes for the item to be driven to its destination.

Hopefully, UPS handles your parcel well, but as people have mentioned, it really is up to the individual work ethics of each UPS worker... My biggest concerns are actually with the actual quality of the dolls, as there have been quite a few bad quality dolls that made it out of the factory (smudgy paint, poor clothing construction, loose embroidery threads, wonky eyelashes, messy hair...).
I am glad they were able to locate it!! Better late than never. At least they found it. Crossing fingers you get them soon! :)

Well I am glad that they managed to find your set and did not lose it completely at the very least. I hope you do get it sooner rather than later though as it is way past its due date.

Thanks, I called Disney and the girl didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I am just glad my order is still active. I placed the order at 12:05 a.m. pacific time, so I thought I would be ok, but I guess you never know. I sure hope I get this doll because I Love the Little Mermaid and collect all things TLM. I will probably be the last person to receive my doll. She told me it could be shipped out tomorrow or the next day (friday). Ugh, I feel like this is the longest it has ever taken the Disney Store to ship something. I understand that a lot of orders were placed, but come on, over a week just to get it shipped? I am so happy for everyone who has received their dolls. When I do finally get them, I am going to try to post pictures of them in my little mermaid room that I am making (probably won't be done till after Christmas).

Well I hope for you sake Disney is right and it will be shipped by the end of the week. Well really it should be shipped by the end of the week. It really is frustrating that the customer service has no form of communication or live system with the warehouse at all it just makes it difficult for them to track down issues in advance if there is one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back