• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 pin releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the set side-by-side (photo was stolen from someone who stole the photo without credit... if you know whose it is lmk)

76891465_1035699596782668_3548556659183845376_n.jpg

These are the definition of my collection ;-; Not sure I’ll be able to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t find the WDW flyer but here’s DLR and combined for December. Expensive month for certain folks (cough @akarih cough).
Also, interesting that the Queen window is shared.

d78a19bd85b66e3f09597057eb765077.jpg

e4c404b408f33ebdff3eaf3fb76ccbab.jpg

Typos abound on these fliers!
All of the Star Wars pins say “Rise of the Skywalker”, but some are for the Rise of the Resistance attraction and some are for The Rise of Skywalker film :T

ee95401b32991fe102e33a2910872b8f.jpg

Also, who’s Ian? LOL

All of the Star Wars pins say “Rise of the Skywalker”, but some are for the Rise of the Resistance attraction and some are for The Rise of Skywalker film :T

Also, who’s Ian? LOL

61cd5c0ea25e55e28055736db70f07ed.jpg

I figured out who Ian is.

That's exactly the sort of thing I would buy, completely forgetting that it glowed in the dark, only for it to scare the crap out of me that night when I'm trying to go to sleep.
And that's why cardboard cutouts are a bad idea imagine waking up in the night and seeing *insert person here* looming over you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And that's why cardboard cutouts are a bad idea imagine waking up in the night and seeing *insert person here* looming over you.

OMG, this has kind of happened to me. When I was in high school, there was a small used book stores that had a tiny comic book shop in the front. Place was long...think shotgun-style house. I would go there after school sometimes.

One day, I was flipping through the comic boxes when I got that feeling like someone was looking at me. So I glanced up and down one of the used book aisles and almost jumped out of my skin. It was Mister Worf, pointing a phaser at me with a really intense look on his face. Scared the beejezuz out of me for that split second. And this was back in 1993 or so, so those things weren't as common as they are now. Now, you expect to see them in comic stores. Back then? Not so much.

Glow in the dark thing happened to me already, as well. When I was in middle school, I kept seeing a glowing blob in my room. Sometimes it was there, and sometimes it wasn't. Eventually figured out that it was my Phantom of the Opera T-shirt. Had no idea the mask was Glow-in-the-Dark when I bought it. As the shirt moved around my room, the phantom's mask would haunt me with its glowing menace. Let that be a lesson, kids- put your clothes in drawers.

OMG, this has kind of happened to me. When I was in high school, there was a small used book stores that had a tiny comic book shop in the front. Place was long...think shotgun-style house. I would go there after school sometimes.

One day, I was flipping through the comic boxes when I got that feeling like someone was looking at me. So I glanced up and down one of the used book aisles and almost jumped out of my skin. It was Mister Worf, pointing a phaser at me with a really intense look on his face. Scared the beejezuz out of me for that split second. And this was back in 1993 or so, so those things weren't as common as they are now. Now, you expect to see them in comic stores. Back then? Not so much.

Glow in the dark thing happened to me already, as well. When I was in middle school, I kept seeing a glowing blob in my room. Sometimes it was there, and sometimes it wasn't. Eventually figured out that it was my Phantom of the Opera T-shirt. Had no idea the mask was Glow-in-the-Dark when I bought it. As the shirt moved around my room, the phantom's mask would haunt me with its glowing menace. Let that be a lesson, kids- put your clothes in drawers.

My daughter had a motion sensitive Yoda who would talk in the middle of the night. Scary

Also, who’s Ian? LOL

Rise of the Skywalker Resistance. Working title?

You should hear what Tickle Me Elmo sounds like when his batteries are dying and it goes off in the middle of the night - satanic sounding laughter ((shudder))
I saw a pin a couple weeks ago that played the national anthem but the battery was dying so it just sounded like the patriotic chorus of hell

Got this email from DSSH despite not ordering Ursula:

It has been brought to our attention, the Ursula 30th Anniversary pin did not meet our Disney Standards. Due to production issues beyond our control, we are unable to ship Ursula at this time, however, the rest of your order will ship as planned.

We are working with our factory to correct the issue to ensure we deliver a product that will meet and exceed your expectations. Once we are ready to ship, you will be provided a new tracking number.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope they don't mean Vanessa, because I don't understand why I got this email otherwise.

It is possible (and probably likely) that it was sent out to everyone who has an order (whether they ordered an Ursula pin or not).

My little sister had furbies that would go off in the middle of the night. Can’t stand those furry demons to this day.

OMG, you guys are in my head! One more story, then I'll shut up!

Around 2010, I found a box of toys I had been looking for after our move (10 years after the move...yeesh). Inside, I found my Furby. I was playing with him, trying to get it to work. I couldn't get it to activate, so I shrugged, and left him near the computer.

Flash forward to an hour or so later. My husband sits down at the computer, minding his own business. Suddenly, this child of Satan opens his eyes and lets out a lour, long, "OOOOOOoooooOOOOOOhhhhh" and starts speaking Furby. Nearly put my husband backwards over his computer chair.

OMG, you guys are in my head! One more story, then I'll shut up!

Around 2010, I found a box of toys I had been looking for after our move (10 years after the move...yeesh). Inside, I found my Furby. I was playing with him, trying to get it to work. I couldn't get it to activate, so I shrugged, and left him near the computer.

Flash forward to an hour or so later. My husband sits down at the computer, minding his own business. Suddenly, this child of Satan opens his eyes and lets out a lour, long, "OOOOOOoooooOOOOOOhhhhh" and starts speaking Furby. Nearly put my husband backwards over his computer chair.

Totally been there. Years ago my husband bought a life sized cutout of Jay Buhner (Mariners player) at a flea market. The guy said his wife was making him get rid of it. My hubby paid the $5 and brought it home and put it in his upstairs office. Now, it was a Mountain Dew advertisement and Jay looked like he was (angrily?) running towards you. So, for the next couple of years, I'd go up into the office forgetting it was there and having the crap scared out of me that there was this agressive looking 6+ foot tall guy running toward me. I yelped more than a few times. After a while, I was the next wife demanding that it get out of her house.
My little sister had furbies that would go off in the middle of the night. Can’t stand those furry demons to this day.
I was working at Toys r Us during the Furby craze. It was a nightmare! We were always sold out and giving rainchecks for them. People were so mad and crazy! And of course everyone had a demand when they were in stock: "I want one with purple eyes" "I want one with stripes" "I want a white one". There's a reason Jingle All the Way is one of my favorite Christmas movies. The pain is real or at least it was back then.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Totally been there. Years ago my husband bought a life sized cutout of Jay Buhner (Mariners player) at a flea market. The guy said his wife was making his get rid of it. My hubby paid the $5 and brought it home and put it in his upstairs office. Now, it was a Mountain Dew advertisement and Jay looked like he was (angrily?) running towards you. So, for the next couple of years, I'd go up into the office forgetting it was there and having the crap scared out of me that there was this agressive looking 6+ foot tall guy running toward me. I yelped more than a few times. After a while, I was the next wife demanding that it get out of her house.

Okay, so it looks like I've built it up in my mind to look more agressive than it actually was. This is a very similar image, but it was a cardboard cutout. I'm still traumatized from it, apparently.
fd3f572b015ac178694e73ccfd32ca87.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back