• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 pin releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019 pin releases
Ug, if that is the case I hope they are having a grace period. When I got home I found out the Oliver vinyl pin I bought was damaged; I was hoping to return it or exchange it this weekend if they still have any left. :/

Ha just came to make a thread about this, dang Tapatalk doesn’t alert me to my tags :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what this means. Are these groups saying that Pin Traders is closed and World doesn't sell pins anymore? I was there Thursday and they were both up and running with pins. Maybe DTD means something else and not Downtown Disney? Anyway, these posts made my heart stop for a minute. Don't know about the returns either. I think this could really hurt their business, but as a company, maybe they just don't care.

I’m thinking this is all to try to address the resellers, at least somewhat. I could see them buying up pins and then returning if they didn’t sell well. Also showing up as a massive group at DTD to get piles of the pins. This way they have to also have park tix so maybe fewer of them?

WHAT?! That' the ultimate cash grab right there, you have to have tickets to get new pins.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah, except that so many have passes, they can just use those, or get friends who have them to go in. Or ultimately this could lead to more e-bay sales! Maybe Disney secretly works for e bay!
I just don't see it working as a cash grab. I was there Thursday night when the posts starting showing up, and pin selling was in full force in DTD. Did an employee tell someone about this--as a future event or possibility? Can't quite believe they can quit with no notice and it not leaking out earlier-unless it is a future rumor.

I wonder if the song everybody’s got a laughing place will ring true on Monday. Just make sure you stay dry from the 30th Anniversary of Splash Mountain.

I’m thinking this is all to try to address the resellers, at least somewhat. I could see them buying up pins and then returning if they didn’t sell well. Also showing up as a massive group at DTD to get piles of the pins. This way they have to also have park tix so maybe fewer of them?
Aren't there limits on how many pins you can buy? I'm sure there is on LE pins, and those are the more likely to make money on e bay. Resellers have been a problem for 19 years--this just doesn't seem like a likely solution to the problem. If it's your job, you'll buy the pass and go into the parks--making them more crowded. How could that help Disney? The no return policy maybe, but not stopping all selling in DTD.

b4cd3938d74a4711c7ed732569907ef6.jpg

Actually so at the last release I was at there was a woman with like a massive pile of pins on the counter. I was amazed at how much she was buying and I said out loud, wow you’re buying all those pins? And she goes oh I got in trouble, I’m returning them.

While she is just one case, and can completely understand over spending in the excitement, rules don’t usually change unless there is crazy abuse going on. Curious to see how this all plays out with no DTD and returns allowed.

What’s the vibe about this in the other pin groups? I’m not too dialed in.

I think people are buying them to resell and when they do not sell, they return them before the return window ends. Just my gut feeling.

Do they require a receipt for a return if it's a current item? If not people may be stealing them and returning to get a credit? That's a common retail scam.

Not sure what this means. Are these groups saying that Pin Traders is closed and World doesn't sell pins anymore? I was there Thursday and they were both up and running with pins. Maybe DTD means something else and not Downtown Disney? Anyway, these posts made my heart stop for a minute. Don't know about the returns either. I think this could really hurt their business, but as a company, maybe they just don't care.

No the pin shop isn’t closing, DTD does mean Down Town Disney, it’s specifically no LE pin releases outside of the park. The pin shop, stand, and WOD will all still sell OE pins.

Two more badges! I'm gonna have to have my sister take my phone into the ride with her for the Star Tours one, unless I can get it by being directly outside the exit. Hopefully, these show up at WDW soon.
14b3f9b70f7de06ce00f5af2059d8f79.jpg
d7515fe9bea9e821c3b072b2510d7aa3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No the pin shop isn’t closing, DTD does mean Down Town Disney, it’s specifically no LE pin releases outside of the park. The pin shop, stand, and WOD will all still sell OE pins.

Thanks for the info. I can't imagine why Disney wants more people in the parks! Resellers I'm sure have passes already, but perhaps they want more people to buy passes to get pins? Really don't understand the decision. I have the signature pass, so that's not my problem, I just liked the convenience of going to Downtown Disney some of the time where it's not so busy. Actually, it would make more sense to me if they only sold LEs OUTSIDE the park to eliminate some overcrowding of people just popping in to get a pin and leave. Or are they trying to slow down pin buying altogether??? I know the crazy lines for pins like the window ones usually occurred outside the park--and that seemed better than making it happen inside the parks. I just can't interpret what they're doing--what problem they're trying to solve...or what? I'll be incredibly depressed if this policy continues.

Posted on DPB

MARVEL & STAR WARS TOYNK PIN RELEASES AT SDCC 2019

Here is a look at the Toynk exclusive pin releases at San Diego Comic Con 2019! They include new Marvel and Star Wars pins. You can find them on the exhibit floor at Booth number 815, 4437, and 3749.

toynklogo560_300x.png

• Marvel 80 Years Pin: Officially licensed San Diego Comic Con 2019 Exclusive Marvel 80 years enamel pin. Limited edition of 1,000 and the retail price is $10.
Marvel-80-Years-SDCC-2019-Pin-Toynk.jpg

Marvel 80 Years SDCC 2019 Pin – Toynk
Marvel-80-Years-Pin.jpg

Marvel 80 Years Pin
  • Amazing Fantasy Spider Man Pin: Features Spider-Man’s first comic book appearance! Officially licensed San Diego Comic Con 2019 Exclusive Marvel Spider-Man enamel pin. Limited edition of 1,000 and the retail price is $15.
Amazing-Fantasy-Spider-Man-SDCC-2019-Pin-Toynk.jpg

Amazing Fantasy Spider Man SDCC 2019 Pin – Toynk
Amazing-Fantasy-Spider-Man-Pin.jpg

Amazing Fantasy Spider Man Pin
  • Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning Pin: Features the Avengers Logo that spins around a circle of Avengers logos. Pin comes in a collectors box. Limited edition of 1,000 and the retail price is $20.
Marvel-Avengers-Deluxe-Spinning-SDCC-2019-Pin-Toynk.jpg

Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning SDCC 2019 Pin – Toynk
Marvel-Avengers-Deluxe-Spinning-Pin.jpg

Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning Pin

• Marvel Deadpool Chibi In Chicken Suit Pin: Features Deadpool chibi wearing a chicken suit. Officially licensed San Diego Comic Con 2019 Exclusive Marvel Deadpool enamel pin. Limited edition of 1,500 and the retail price is $10.
Marvel-Deadpool-Chibi-In-Chicken-Suit-SDCC-2019-Pin.jpg

Marvel Deadpool Chibi In Chicken Suit SDCC 2019 Pin
Marvel-Deadpool-Chibi-In-Chicken-Suit-Pin.jpg

Marvel Deadpool Chibi In Chicken Suit Pin
  • Marvel Spiderman Spider Verse Spider-Punk Bracelet and Pin Replica Boxed Set: San Diego Comic Con 2019 Exclusive Marvel Spider-Punk Bracelet Set. Set includes 2 faux leather bracelets with replica webshooters and 6 replica enamel pins worn by Spider-Man. Comes in a collectors box with a certificate of authenticity. Limited edition of 1,000 and the retail price is $65.
Marvel-Spiderman-Spider-Verse-Spider-Punk-Bracelet-and-Pin-Replica-Boxed-Set.jpg

Marvel Spiderman Spider Verse Spider-Punk Bracelet and Pin Replica Boxed Set
Marvel-Spider-Man-SDCC-2019-Bracelet-and-Pin-Boxed-Set.jpg

Marvel Spider-Man SDCC 2019 Bracelet and Pin Boxed Set
  • Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite and Blaster 2 Pin Set: Star Wars 2 pin set featuring Han Solo in Carbonite and Blaster Gun. Limited edition of 1,200 and the retail price is $15.
Star-Wars-Han-Solo-in-Carbonite-and-Blaster-2-Pin-Set.jpg

Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite and Blaster 2 Pin Set
Star-Wars-Han-Solo-in-Carbonite-and-Blaster-SDCC-2019-Pin-Set.jpg

Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite and Blaster SDCC 2019 Pin Set

THE HAUNTED MANSION 50TH ANNIVERSARY CLUB 33 DISNEY PIN #2
Here is a look at the second pin release in the exclusive The Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary collection at Club 33! It is available for Club 33 members at Disneyland® Resort. Released on July 12, 2019 and is limited edition of 999.

The-Haunted-Mansion-50th-Anniversary-Club-33-Disney-Pin-2.jpg

Just found on the Old Bay (seasoning) a listing for a splash mountain WDI 30th anniversary 5 pin set, With Br’er Bear, Br’er Fox, Br’er Rabbit, Mr Bluebird, and the Boothill brothers (vulture.) LE250. $22.95 each retail.

Posted on DPB
  • Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning Pin: Features the Avengers Logo that spins around a circle of Avengers logos. Pin comes in a collectors box. Limited edition of 1,000 and the retail price is $20.
Marvel-Avengers-Deluxe-Spinning-SDCC-2019-Pin-Toynk.jpg

Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning SDCC 2019 Pin – Toynk
Marvel-Avengers-Deluxe-Spinning-Pin.jpg

Marvel Avengers Deluxe Spinning Pin
Quite possibly my favourite Avengers pin yet ! Instant grail for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back