• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Limited Edition Dolls
In the past Disney has almost always offered a pre-order of the full set (I don't know how many)....and I think all the edition numbers matched. At least this way you could see each doll before hand. They have also previewed them at D23, which also led you to online pics and videos. I'm not sure why the wait-and-see this time as they always sell out. Sure some are going to be more favored when you do a preview, but I'm guessing this is to keep the interest throughout the entire release. At least they previewed Jasmine several weeks in advance...if they do that for each, you can at least think it over :)
Ahh, so normally they reveal the entire lines before any are for sale. I think I remember that 2 years ago with the movie year release designer dolls. Back before waiting rooms and so many changes.

I agree, it sounds like they are trying to keep drama with a new reveal each month. I guess we had better keep saving up money in case there are several we end up buying.

I noticed Jasmine was very easy to buy this time around. (As opposed to me trying to get Yzma last year. Yikes.) Was that due to the higher volume they made or did I just get lucky with an easy waiting room experience?

Update 10/15/21: I just looked and Jasmine is still available on ShopDisney. So I think I answered my own question. xP

Last edited:
Ahh, so normally they reveal the entire lines before any are for sale. I think I remember that 2 years ago with the movie year release designer dolls. Back before waiting rooms and so many changes.

I agree, it sounds like they are trying to keep drama with a new reveal each month. I guess we had better keep saving up money in case there are several we end up buying.

I noticed Jasmine was very easy to buy this time around. (As opposed to me trying to get Yzma last year. Yikes.) Was that due to the higher volume they made or did I just get lucky with an easy waiting room experience?

Update 10/15/21: I just looked and Jasmine is still available on ShopDisney. So I think I answered my own question. xP
Higher qty and not heavily advertised. You can't even find anything designer related on the main page. You have to search "new" to maybe even find the promo pic. Since their site usually crashes during the release, they must figure they will sell out....no need to market it. Ready to see what the next one looks like :)

FYI - All Hocus Pocus LE dolls are back up on ShopDisney this morning...

I was also looking at the Hasbro 30th Belle doll.... if you go to one of the zoom ins and look at her eyes, it looks TERRIBLE...to me anyway. It's very pixelated, you can see dots....it does not have that painted on look. I hopped off the fence as soon as I saw that - other than the cheapo eyes, she is beautiful.
0400015450394_A5

Last edited:
Belle is one of my favorite Disney Princesses, and I usually want to buy everything with her on it... But not this year's Saks doll. Definitely too pricey for me, but even if it that wasn't my issue, I'm just not in love with her quality. Hasbro just can't compete.

I was hoping there would be news on the LE 17" Kida doll release, but maybe they changed the release day for another month. I hope they didn't scrap the whole thing.

I was also looking at the Hasbro 30th Belle doll.... if you go to one of the zoom ins and look at her eyes, it looks TERRIBLE...to me anyway. It's very pixelated, you can see dots....it does not have that painted on look. I hopped off the fence as soon as I saw that - other than the cheapo eyes, she is beautiful.
0400015450394_A5
Just yikes. x_x

Oh, I'm so sad over that Sak's Belle. I'd really been hoping they'd bring back the princess dolls at the quality of the original SW doll. Not only is the design not good, it's super cheap looking. Like, really bad quality materials. The best thing about it is the box. At best she looks a $50 doll, and I still wouldn't pay that.

Wow, yes, that's a step up in quality for Belle. Thankfully Disney is still making her properly. Even though I love Belle, I don't think I will be getting the duo set. Her dress is not a must have for me I guess?

The Designer Pocahontas doll is really magical though. I'm enamored with the different fabrics and shimmery quality of her dress. The cape-like piece is interesting too.

Last edited:
Is it true that the platinum set is going to be $500 instead of 750 this time? Or is the LE set not the same thing

Belle/Beast Platinum Set is beautiful, but no thanks...the last few have been $750. Great if you have cash to burn, most don't. If I was a major Belle fan I might eat pbj sandwiches for a couple of months...but I'm not, so I'll leave her for the elitists - lol. I do like Pocahontas...but if she's like Jasmine and the huge edition number....no rush to decide. Love the lighted trees backdrop and subtle colors among the earth tones....they always make her look sad or serious.

Belle/Beast Platinum Set is beautiful, but no thanks...the last few have been $750. Great if you have cash to burn, most don't. If I was a major Belle fan I might eat pbj sandwiches for a couple of months...but I'm not, so I'll leave her for the elitists - lol. I do like Pocahontas...but if she's like Jasmine and the huge edition number....no rush to decide. Love the lighted trees backdrop and subtle colors among the earth tones....they always make her look sad or serious.
I agree completely. I definitely cannot afford the $750 doll sets. And I'm a major Belle fan. I don't want to eat PB&J or ramen for a year. Or sell my car, or whatever. :oops:

And Pocahontas is really beautiful. I love the layering on her dress. It's nice to have a larger lot number and not have to rush into buying her so quickly. I need to think longer on whether I need her or not. (You're right, they do make her serious just about everytime. I'm sure she had fun sometimes. ;))

There have been rumors that this "platinum" set will have a lower pricetag, but I don't know the origins or the validity of said rumor. Also, "lower" could still be too high for many people.

I like the dress. And I like that they made it after some of the original consept art. It is a celebration of 30 years after all.

Beauty-and-the-Beast-Concept-Art.jpg

Update:
Our next release features Pocahontas designed by Javier Garcia. Available 11/9 at 7AM PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back