• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this posted on Facebook. Someone found it in the NY Disney store. @Ajk I feel like you had a thread about the missing pin in the series that wasn’t splash. Not my picture but haven’t seen it posted here yet

Yup, I sure did. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Now we have a new mystery - What the heck is it doing in NYC?

Yup, I sure did. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Now we have a new mystery - What the heck is it doing in NYC?
If I know one thing about excess LE items, they usually go to the flagship stores (NY, Las Vegas [RIP], Orlando) first and then make their way to higher volumes stores (think Georgia mall, mall of America [RIP], ect)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
I am not in a place where I can check my local outlet (and these posts about the missing monthly LE pins being at outlets are killing me a little bit.) Will check as soon as I can and post if I find anything.

I am also looking for a missing March 2020 LE SWs pin.

And I have to say, I really like the Roger Rabbit monthly cruiser pin. Makes me want to start a Roger Rabbit collection.

[just say no, just say no, just say no...]

I didn't follow along with the Cruisers too closely because there were only a couple I would have wanted, is the assumption there are some "missing" because they didn't release 12 last year?

Also, just checked ebay out of curiosity, no RR Cruiser pins there yet...

Reactions: Ajk
I didn't follow along with the Cruisers too closely because there were only a couple I would have wanted, is the assumption there are some "missing" because they didn't release 12 last year?

Also, just checked ebay out of curiosity, no RR Cruiser pins there yet...
Correct. It was a monthly release but only 10 came out. There were pictures of splash mountain but it never got released. Lots of speculation on reasons for that one. But that only made 11. So there must have been one more. Now we know there was and what it was (is).

I am not in a place where I can check my local outlet (and these posts about the missing monthly LE pins being at outlets are killing me a little bit.) Will check as soon as I can and post if I find anything.

I am also looking for a missing March 2020 LE SWs pin.

And I have to say, I really like the Roger Rabbit monthly cruiser pin. Makes me want to start a Roger Rabbit collection.

[just say no, just say no, just say no...]
I have a small RR side collection. He was one of my first main collections but I moved away from him. There are a lot of nice pins. It’s one where there are tons of the main characters (roger and, of course, Jessica), but not many of the side characters. Especially the weasels. I think they could have done more with side characters. Now that I think about it, Lilo and Stitch, another one of my earlier collections, is like that too.

If I know one thing about excess LE items, they usually go to the flagship stores (NY, Las Vegas [RIP], Orlando) first and then make their way to higher volumes stores (think Georgia mall, mall of America [RIP], ect)

Thanks, that helps me understand more why that particular store. I guess what throws me is why they are considered excess. Maybe they feel that series was last year’s and is over so any pins they find there are no plans to release normally?

Thanks, that helps me understand more why that particular store. I guess what throws me is why they are considered excess. Maybe they feel that series was last year’s and is over so any pins they find there are no plans to release normally?
Our store used to get excess too in the third phase (RIP). I would bet it has to do with the fact that inventory was last quarter, so they would have found and subsequently needed to place it somewhere, since online is no longer an option.

I’m also wondering why Disneyland went back and released the Snow White Window a year after the Tiana Window... gives me hope they will do the same with the final Cruiser.

Well, if the nyc store had it, they don’t have it now. But anyone wants a pick up of any other store pins let me k is in the next few minutes.

I don't need these. I don't need these. I don't need these.

I may be stopping at a pin shop soon to look at these but I don't need these. (They already showed up at DL this week, for those on this coast.)

My collection is focused. My collection is focused.

*repeat*
So I was sort of right... :D

I went and looked at the Marvel character pins in person and they were the printing-on-paste process they've been using for a lot of the recent Marvel pins (Black Widow, Falcon & Winter Soldier, etc.). I don't like this material at all as it feels like the printing would just rub off and it just feels weird and looks dull and faded instead of glossy like pins should be- the only one of this style I have is a Bucky pin from F&WS because Bucky. :) One of the Loki series pins is a printed image of him and I needed it, too, because Loki :) but I still REALLY DO NOT LIKE THIS STYLE OF PIN PRODUCTION and whoever is in charge of Marvel park pins seems to be using it constantly now. :(

So as much as I loved the metal symbols behind each of the printed characters, I passed on the character pins. I may wind up trading for Cap though - haven't decided. lol

But... I HAD to grab the Marvel logo pin because it's HUGE!!! I have a couple of other basic Marvel logo pins but they are small and although this one is also using that weird printing process on top for the word "MARVEL", the pin itself is just large and lovely and I immediately had to have it as a keeper. :)

Don't have a pic on hand, but here's one from that article - this thing is three inches long!

marvel-pins2-7656960-1200x900.jpg

So true! I saw on one of the posts the roger rabbit cruiser is being sold for $13 at some locations, wow! A couple people also found the princess DEC stamps in the New York disney store. I want to some day be this lucky lol.
Yeah, when I was at NYC store, nobody knew about the cruiser, but a couple mentioned having the Princess pins a few days ago. They said whenever those sorts of pins show up, they put them out and they go super quick. Just a matter of being lucky enough to be I. The right place at the right time. Must be nice.

Yeah, when I was at NYC store, nobody knew about the cruiser, but a couple mentioned having the Princess pins a few days ago. They said whenever those sorts of pins show up, they put them out and they go super quick. Just a matter of being lucky enough to be I. The right place at the right time. Must be nice.
Well the people who were lucky enough are really trying to cash in. eBay prices on the roger rabbit cruiser are all $150+ lol. I can’t see that happening unless it was the splash cruiser.

Orange Bird Funko Pop! Pin
Thor Pin
Captain America Pin
Hulk Pin
Marvel Logo Pin
Iron Man Pin
Captain Marvel, Iron Man, and Captain America Pin
Redd Funko Pop! Pin – Pirates of the Caribbean – Limited Release
Jolly Roger Funko Pop! Pin – Pirates of the Caribbean – Limited Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back