• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
Was just checking out that felt Belle doll and the dress she is wearing....and the price point. What on earth?

Was just checking out that felt Belle doll and the dress she is wearing....and the price point. What on earth?
I definitely agree. And even though it was made by the very prestigious designer "Steiff", I just don't see the value.

I see a sharp dichotomy in the world of Disney collectors. On one side, there are the collectors who love dolls and merchandise because they are beautiful and have significant meaning to individuals. Like a favorite character or moment in a movie. And on the other side, there are the collectors who buy dolls and merchandise only if they have monetary value or prestige attached to them.

Well, I'm still a kid at heart, and I love to buy dolls and merchandise that stir my heart and soul. Merchandise that may never be worth a penny. I just can't get into the idea of buying merchandise ONLY because there's a fancy name associated with the designer.

Not trying to step on any toes. It's okay to have high end merchandise, of course. But my personal priority of buying is always because I care about what the item represents to me first.

So Tiana is a preorder, I didn't see that one coming. Guess there's lots of problems supply chain still...

Just pre-ordred Tiana, she is simply stunning! I think this is one of my favorite designer dolls Disney has done of her. I love the 1920s and art deco influences in her dress, mixed with the designs of cooking utensils is such a nice touch. Her dress looks better than I originally thought. I couldn’t discern her dress shape from the previous pictures because of the white cape, but I love the fitted mermaid style of it. So far out of this series, she’s my second favorite after Mulan.

I’m anxious for the next release. I love the gradient effect they’re using on Aurora’s dress, I just wish they had chosen a matching solid color to go underneath the interior panels of the dress, instead of that white gauzy papery look. I’m not sure exactly what they were going for so I’m reserving judgment until they release better quality pictures of her in March.

@Dprince88 I feel similarly, the Designer Tiana doll has a lot of elements to love. I ended up pre-ordering her as well.

I also have tons of reservations about the designer Aurora doll. I have to see better pictures of the dress still to make a final determination. But @Disneyrelease on Instagram put up a few teaser pictures which put her in a much better light so far. Even the little embroidery of the fairy is really selling the doll now.

Oh my gosh, thank you @Zhanneel for linking and sharing this! I stand corrected , she is gorgeous and looks even better displayed in the box. I’m definitely sold now. This is much much much better than the original photos that were released.

Thank you for laying my fears to rest. And I agree, the little fairy design is such a winning detail. I see why it appeared the way it did in the initial photos, I suppose they wanted to lighten or illuminate the designs under her dress panels, but either way, she looks much better in the natural lighting. She has so many intricate details.

I'm so at odds with myself over Aurora. I liked her design at first, then the more I looked at it the more I thought it looked a bit questionable, and now these new photos are still leaving me with some mixed feelings. On one hand, I love all the embroidery. On the other, I'm still not liking the skirt much--and while her face looks great, I'm not sure I think it looks like Aurora. ...But that's also not a problem exclusive to this doll, I think--she's just one of those characters whose faces they have a harder time capturing, I don't know.

tbh my decision on Aurora will probably be pretty last minute, whatever it is. Or maybe, if she's as well-stocked as the others have been, I'll wait for her price to be reduced before grabbing her. I'm still not sure.

Sorry to disagree, but I think these pics just solidify my decision not to buy. I just can’t get over the decisions made on the skirt. That gauzy print is just not it. It does look a bit better in the box, but I debox my dolls and I think it’ll probably look worst out of the box where there’s more light to filter through it. And while the fairy embroidery is cute, it looks randomly placed and I don’t think it fits the high fashion theme of the line (I know a lot of people don’t like the theme and prefer movie accurate outfits, but I actually really love met gala idea and think this outfit is a miss in that regard).

@PBJ I agree about the face mold regarding Aurora. I don’t know why Disney cannot keep her face consistent. Her concept and design is definitely my least favorite of the line so far but I do still like her. But her face is very different than all of her previous designer dolls. Aurora originally has a more angular face compared to the other girls and here her face looks much fuller, almost younger.
Maybe I’m crazy and I definitely could be wrong here but the face on this particular doll looks similar to the Aurora as she appeared in Wreck it Ralph where majority of the princesses had that very rounded out face design they’ve been doing in the films since Tangled. Like I said, I could be wrong , that’s just what I’m observing.

I agree with almost everything everyone said regarding Aurora. On the one hand, from the first leaked pictures I was totally against buying her. She looked ultra cheap and plain. But like @Dprince88 , now that I've seen these new pics I feel better about her, at least in the depth of detail she will have.

But I also agree with @MissLemon that I wish the designer had forgone the gauzy stained glass window and went with something more solid.

@PBJ @Dprince88 Yes! I thought there was a problem with her face too. You both nailed it, too youthful and round. Not angular enough. I was really hoping for a stronger face too... But like you said, they continue to struggle with making her face accurate in a doll.

One big thing I noticed is that if you take away the iconic curly bangs, Aurora looks like Alice in Wonderland, or maybe Barbie. I know the designers want to be free with their designs, but I really REALLY believe they should leave her bangs on the doll. Unfortunately Aurora just doesn't look like herself without them. Here's a pic from @dollsonawhim from Instagram for comparison.

The Midnight Masquerade Aurora is probably the closest they've got to a good mold for Aurora's face imo. I think it could stand to be perhaps a little more angular than this, but at least I could look at this doll's head by itself and surmise that it was probably meant to be Aurora--I'd probably sooner guess that this new designer Aurora was a designer Barbie than Aurora.
maxresdefault.jpg

@PBJ Yes, that's a much better iconic look. And there are those curly bangs! I agree, could use more of an angular construction, but overall better.

Just pre-ordred Tiana, she is simply stunning! I think this is one of my favorite designer dolls Disney has done of her. I love the 1920s and art deco influences in her dress, mixed with the designs of cooking utensils is such a nice touch. Her dress looks better than I originally thought. I couldn’t discern her dress shape from the previous pictures because of the white cape, but I love the fitted mermaid style of it. So far out of this series, she’s my second favorite after Mulan.

I’m anxious for the next release. I love the gradient effect they’re using on Aurora’s dress, I just wish they had chosen a matching solid color to go underneath the interior panels of the dress, instead of that white gauzy papery look. I’m not sure exactly what they were going for so I’m reserving judgment until they release better quality pictures of her in March.
I haven't bought a LE doll since the 17" Snow White from 2017. I preordered Tiana. She is one of the most stunning dolls I have seen. Cannot wait to get her.

I love the 17 inch dolls the most, so does anyone want to guess what the next 17 inch doll will probably be? I know no one knows for sure, but I really can't wait to see another one. The 17 inch Kida is beyond amazing, and I still can't get over how beautiful everything is about her. she's stunning. The most recent Cinderella was a little disappointing, but like I said, I can't WAIT to see what's next!

That 17" Kida truly is amazing. She's probably my favorite LE doll as of now, putting her before even my 30th anniversary Ariel and the non-Harold's blue dress Aurora (can't remember the official name, lol).

I'd like to hear some more information about the next 17" dolls as well. I've definitely been hearing rumors about the 30th anniversary Aladdin dolls potentially. I just hope that they aren't going to be $750 - $1,000 doll sets...

I think someone also mentioned there might be an anniversary doll for Hercules? Or maybe a set? I'd love to have a 17" Megara!

I think someone also mentioned there might be an anniversary doll for Hercules? Or maybe a set? I'd love to have a 17" Megara!
I'd also love a 17" Megara!

Brave is having its 10 year anniversary this year too--maybe we'll get another doll from it, too? (I say "another" because we're already guaranteed at least one from the Ultimate Princess Celebration)

I've given it some thought, and I've decided to either not buy Aurora, or to buy her later for a reduced price (assuming that, like the others in the series, stock is good enough that she stays around for a while).
Her dress has some elements that I love (the color, the embroidery), but I just can't seem to get past the unflattering shape of the inner skirt, and how un-Aurora-like her face looks.

@PBJ Geez, I am right there with you. I agree with everything you said.

And I'm really conflicted because I really want a Designer Aurora doll. I feel like I might still buy her, but I also feel like I'm doing it simply because I have no better choices for an Aurora doll. The inner skirt is so plain. And I'm trying to think of a way to give her the iconic swirly bang, but I'm not good at hair styling. x_x

Reactions: PBJ
I'd also love a 17" Megara!

Brave is having its 10 year anniversary this year too--maybe we'll get another doll from it, too? (I say "another" because we're already guaranteed at least one from the Ultimate Princess Celebration)
It's also the 15th anniversary of Enchanted and the 85th of Snow White- I think 17" dolls for both are very likely (maybe Hocus Pocus 2 as well?)

Back