• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
There she is. Very odd how they didn't have the waiting room this time. I guess they realized that the rush was no longer there since they were making batches of 10,000 dolls. I'm still not thrilled about how the dress worked out, so I'm going to pass on her and hope that she goes on clearance.

Code DISNEY20 for 20% off works on Aurora. Doesn't work on the other dolls surprisingly.

Thanks for the info! Wow, that's a nice extra bonus. Making me rethink getting her now. Crud. I hadn't budgeted for her since I was going to pass on her...

I wonder why the overlap is allowed with this doll? I do feel like it's missing something from the other dolls, so maybe they realized it was not on par with the other dolls and thought they could boost sales with a coupon overlap? Still kind of random and not advertised. So hmm. Just coincidental I guess?

By the way, my friends said the free shipping coupon still applies as well. So double coupon codes.

Update: the DISNEY20 code no longer works for Aurora. Someone found out about the glitch and fixed it, ha.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Wow, that's a nice extra bonus. Making me rethink getting her now. Crud. I hadn't budgeted for her since I was going to pass on her...

I wonder why the overlap is allowed with this doll? I do feel like it's missing something from the other dolls, so maybe they realized it was not on par with the other dolls and thought they could boost sales with a coupon overlap? Still kind of random and not advertised. So hmm. Just coincidental I guess?

By the way, my friends said the free shipping coupon still applies as well. So double coupon codes.

It means nothing more than that the person who input the info in the backend of the website forgot to click the "exclude from promotions" box. This happens occasionally with new releases, and often enough someone realizes the mistake and corrects it. Dooney and Bourke bags are supposed to be excluded from all promotions, but sometimes a new collection releases and early buyers find that the D23 discount works until Disney catches up, ha.

Aurora is pretty - but no thanks....again. They can go as wild as they want with these dresses, I'm all for that. (this one is kinda simpleton) But that's not her face, just a pretty blonde girl and Aurora is blonde so they went with it. You can 'capture' a look and still have the character look different....but to me they didn't capture it. Aurora has an angular face, this one is soft looking and round. It's just not her - sorry Disney, I'm getting a Stepford Wife vibe with this doll. They should have their 'designers' only design the dress and hair (and maybe that's all they do), and have an animator tech hash you up a doll mould based on original artwork.

Aurora has and will always be my favorite character. I have bookcases upon bookcases dedicated to the movie. I have an Instagram dedicated to her. Even my wedding had Aurora themes… that being said, I just don’t love this doll.

I’ve loved every doll out of this line but Aurora. Something is just off. Whether it be the lack of bangs (which I can forgive), the face, the ill fitted dress, or the simplicity, I just don’t love her. I had to buy her for my completionist heart, but I’m sad. I would have rather had her been over done and extra, rather than so underdone.

ShopDisney:
20% Off $75+, 25% Off $100+, 30% Off $150+ on select styles, plus Free Shipping on $75+ with Code: SAVEMORE

**It currently works on all Designer Dolls*
Thanks for the heads up! Sometimes I take breaks from social media, so I miss all the buzz when there is a sale or coupon. So thank you @DisneyJ for posting the sale alert!

I did end up buying Aurora since she has the coupon. I like her enough to get her on sale, but I still want to fix her up. Somehow I am going to give her bangs again. She really needs them... And I want to change the inner skirt somehow too. And maybe add a few more accessories to her overall.

ShopDisney:
20% Off $75+, 25% Off $100+, 30% Off $150+ on select styles, plus Free Shipping on $75+ with Code: SAVEMORE

**It currently works on all Designer Dolls*
I just got Mulan. Seriously debating getting Jasmine too. Tianas crown was detached with my original doll & replacement (fixed that one). Fingers crossed I don’t have any issues with Mulan.

A picture of Merida dropped on @disneyrelease on Instagram and wow, I’m blown away. Merida was probably the doll I was most skeptical about. Personality wise she’s probably the one who fits the ‘high fashion’ theme the least and who’s 3D character design would be hardest to translate in doll form. But… she’s gorgeous! I really love the direction they went with her! I wasn’t planning on getting her, but now I have to!

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ
She looks fierce! A real warrior Princess. Merida is my favorite princess and this designer didn’t disappoint!

I could be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the dress or the head mold on Merida.

Overall, I like the style of dress they are going for though. Lots of Scottish themes. Maybe the top part of the dress just looks too busy to my eye though. And I'm not a fan of the plaid pants under the plaid skirt.

And I think I might be in the minority about the head mold, so I understand if no one agrees. I envision the Princesses being an older version of themselves in these Designer dolls, maybe 3-5 years older depending on their starting age. So I was hoping for a more angular face (or less round face) which would suit an older adult designer doll. Maybe a bit closer to the look of Merida's mother? Oh well, again I know this is probably just my preference, so it's okay if I'm the only one who thinks this. :)

278006078_10160013231589530_2954615285922704246_n.jpg

First Merida Designer doll and she falls flat (to me). Looks like they gave her a sassy teen punk look with Scottish flare....sadly, Merida looks like she tried way too hard to impress when getting dressed. I don't know why these dolls are doing nothing for me....others went off the rails and I loved them. This one definitely has the details though that others are missing, props for not skimping there. I'm actually getting scared to see what they will do for Snow White....

In other news...I was down at Disney Springs a couple of weeks ago...saw Aurora and Mulan for sale at Art of Disney....AND the 50th Cinderella doll. First time ever personally seeing dolls there. Also saw some at a couple of other shops, but I can't remember exactly where - WonderGround CoOp area. I know others have purchased them in the parks. Curious as to why these are not flying off the shelves, since the complaint before was they were only available for minutes online. Gas prices maybe?? Sorry for the pessimism, lol. Mulan is still the best to me, and I will probably purchase her if still available after seeing Rapunzel and Snow.

In other news...I was down at Disney Springs a couple of weeks ago...saw Aurora and Mulan for sale at Art of Disney....AND the 50th Cinderella doll. First time ever personally seeing dolls there. Also saw some at a couple of other shops, but I can't remember exactly where - WonderGround CoOp area. I know others have purchased them in the parks. Curious as to why these are not flying off the shelves, since the complaint before was they were only available for minutes online. Gas prices maybe?? Sorry for the pessimism, lol. Mulan is still the best to me, and I will probably purchase her if still available after seeing Rapunzel and Snow.
I do think part of it is the economy. The edition size for these are pretty large as well. I have both Mulan and Tiana. Both are incredibly beautiful dolls. I'm not a fan of most of the dolls released and that seems to be a pretty common opinion. If Jasmine drops down to half off, I will 100% get her.

Personally, I love the Merida design (the ones for her, Tiana, and Mulan have been my favorites) but I agree with the sentiment that in general, this whole line has been very underwhelming thusfar--and that doesn't seem to be a particularly unpopular opinion. So combine a lot of people who are unimpressed with the line, the various effects covid's had (and continues to have) on peoples lives (specifically, in this case, how it translates to their finances), and a massive edition size... I'm not terribly shocked that these dolls aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Really curious to see how this is going to translate to edition sizes for future releases.

I have to agree, I feel underwhelmed by this Designer line. I understand that these outfits are designed by an eclectic group of people, so each design is going to differ in quality, substance, and fashion choices. But it does feel like a final editor was lacking, leading to an odd arrangement of outfits that fall flat overall. I look at each outfit, and I see something that I would have improved upon. Some way more than others. I do really like the Tiana and Mulan outfits, but even those I could improve upon a little bit.

The one outfit I think struck me the best was Jasmine, because her outfit would truly shine at a gala. And after reading the artist's intentions, everything in that outfit was designed with Jasmine's character in mind. But I also understand that this outfit is not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah, definitely a lot of factors going into why this line is not selling. I think a lot of it is due to less interest in the outfits, mixed with all the other problems in the economy and daily life. I can definitely attest to the problem of money right now. Inflation is making me penny-pinch and forgo things I would have liked to get at one point.

My only comment on the economy and inflation and yada....these dolls are still the same price as they were what, 5 years ago? They have slowly climbed over the years - started at $59, then more and more....but it's held at 129 for a while. I'm guessing next doll line will jump - THEN I will blame the economy if they sit. Who wants to guess what Disney will do - I say 149. And you have to absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the doll to pay that. Disney parks are as crowded as ever, go look up resort room rates for any given day 2-3 months out and no lower priced 4 person rooms are available. Pre-covid I could book a room 3 weeks out and get a room under $250. They are packed. And I attribute that to being on lock-down and 2021 slow re-opening. My point is people are spending (on disney anyway), so if these dolls were adored, they'd be gone. They are "pretty and just ok" and edition size makes them less collectible. Please don't let us down Disney with Rapunzel and Snow!! lol

@Rapunz Oh that's a cringe-worthy future to think about. With inflation, that could very well happen to the next doll lines. I may have to quit doll shopping at $149. My paycheck has not increased, all my bills have increased, so something has to give.

I haven't bought any dolls since the Yzma designer doll. They're too expensive now and a lot of the materials are getting cheaper and cheaper. Arguably, this series is pretty high quality, but nothing has tugged at my heart-strings yet.

Back