• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #6, the mystery pin--square, rectangle or circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea...no. At least not for a bit. I need to get ahead of some homework and other things first. Besides, I'm not sure what I could do to top...unless I were to auction off something like this:
pin23954

But I think my youngest would kill me. She is a major Ariel fan. Maybe I could find something like it, though.

yea...no. At least not for a bit. I need to get ahead of some homework and other things first. Besides, I'm not sure what I could do to top...unless I were to auction off something like this:
pin23954

But I think my youngest would kill me. She is a major Ariel fan. Maybe I could find something like it, though.

If I saw that pin, I think I would auction all my pins, lol JK :p But It's a holy holy holy! grail for me lol

Thanks all for being patient. I want to share a few things and then I willfinalize the auction.
A few weeks ago I made possibly my last trip to Disneylandfor a long while and decided it was finally time to pick up a new hobby besidescollecting pins, especially since it is really difficult to continue tradingonline without being able to replenish the pin supply. I think many of you that live away from theparks can appreciate this challenge. So the question I had was what do I do withall of these pins.
The answer came to me on my last night. I had two littlegirls look through my pin book and they went crazy over a couple of pins andwanted to know if I would trade with them. I took a look at what they had (any veteran pin trader knows what I mean)and saw there just wasn’t anything I could use as they only had a few lanyardand rack pins. Instead of turning themaway I took the pins out of my book and told them they could have them. In utter astonishment one of them justwrapped her arms around me in a big bear hug, said thank you a hundred times,and scampered away.
So why do tell you this? This experience is what defined auctions. The reason why they have been mysteryauctions is because I think people like the element of surprise, and whilethose that don’t win are obviously bummed out, I believe the person who winsfeels a much greater sense of excitement for having won. I also wanted to see if I could brightensomebodies day, and I think I have done that in a few circumstances the pastfew days.
However, doing what I did is extremely complex and timeconsuming. I had changes in plans, mademistakes in what I wrote or tried to execute, experienced set-backs, and you know,experienced the normal challenges of life. You can take away from this experiencesomething positive or something negative, but I take away from it some newfriends. So thanks for playingalong. It has been a great pleasure.
Now to the auction results (this has been extremelydifficult to decide):
As I said in the auction instructions, I looked at the bidsdifferently based upon the pins involved. What nobody realizes, includinghimself, is that Docfish2u, regardless of what pin he chose, was the overall winnerand would have won the auction if I went either way in the auction. (This is also taking into consideration yourupdated bid, dieharddonald2) I took hiswish to change as a desire to win the Ariel pin instead of the HHG as I supposehe figured out the clues on it a bit later than the other.
Now with the other winners
The rectangle the winner is mickeymouseje. I want that Cheshire Vinylmation! I triedtrading somebody for it while I was visiting Disneyland, but not go.
The circle. I wish Ihad four of these, but I only get to go with one. I have gone back and forth a million times onthis one, but since I have been trying to get that Devil Jessica since it cameout, PrincessBecky is the winner. However, please note that it is killing me to pass up on the DSF Thumperand Lollipop Tinkerbell that talesoftobv offered, and the gift amyschweppe hasup her sleeve. Arrgghhh!!!
Before I close this thread, I want to see what everybody hasto say about the clues, and please no more drama. We can debate this forever, but it isn’tgoing to change anything.

mickeymouseje, here is the thing that will really kill you...I briefly (yes briefly) considered having it as one of my mystery pins. However, I traded away my Aurora one away so I am really hesitant to do the same thing with Ariel because is by far one of the best out there in my opinion.

mickeymouseje, here is the thing that will really kill you...I briefly (yes briefly) considered having it as one of my mystery pins. However, I traded away my Aurora one away so I am really hesitant to do the same thing with Ariel because is by far one of the best out there in my opinion.

I know I would be bidding a lot for it also!!! It is a fantastic pin

Thank you so much, so happy with the Ariel pin! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

And you know, your such a nice person with a big <3 I don't know you in real person, but I really think you're a very very nice person!
What you've done for those little girls is so nice of you! I did it the last time in DLP, there was a little girl in a wheelchair and she didn't had any pins at all and was looking at my pins and pointing at them to her parents and I gave her 3 pins, the smile on her little face gave me tears in my eyes. So nice to do such a little thing :)
Thanks again for all these great auctions!
And for that Ariel seahorse pin, can you please have a look at my traders if you are willing to trade it? I would love it and can also get you any Paris pins. Just let me know if you're willing to let it go :)

~Rachel

Yay!
:mickey: Thank you Disney Pirate!!!:mickey:

This has been a lot of fun. :D

And if you ever decide to part with Ariel Carousel horse...I would bring out the big guns for sure. :bowdown:

Let's call it, the persistence award... Awarded to those who go above and beyond on auctions without personal gain and maintain a harmonious happy go lucky environment in the forum.... :bigthumb: Doesn't that sound better?

If you do decide to trade the Ariel horse pin, I am also interested and might be willing to trade from my owns :)

Let's call it, the persistence award... Awarded to those who go above and beyond on auctions without personal gain and maintain a harmonious happy go lucky environment in the forum.... :bigthumb: Doesn't that sound better?

That sounds fantastic! got my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back