• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nrjqdqfXrS1tp9tvoo1_1280.jpg

Found on Tumblr

I got all excited, then I got a better look. Not going to bother getting this one… there’s nothing really new here. The extra dresses are the same as the wardrobe set from a few years back (although the red one here is much plainer) Feeling a little disappointed with the Aladdin merch… not really on par with the last few diamond releases.

I am really disappointed in the deluxe doll set. I like that they included Jafar and Genie along with Abu, Raja, and Jasmine's other outfits, but they didn't even bother to include the magic lamp? Its the entire reason the events of the movie happened in the first place! They included it with the singing doll so why would they not include it here? I would have also liked to have seen Jafar's staff or Carpet too. Its such a shame because the dolls themselves do look good, and I love the box they are packaged in. It just isn't as great as the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sets that we got for their respective Diamond Editions.

ok so what are these news about them making a live action prequel to aladdin? about genie? what?

Ohh yeah I heard about that! I personally think it sounds like a terrible idea lol. I don't think very many people want to know why and how Genie became a genie. What I would do is create a live action Aladdin film, with more elements from the original story, and maybe have a small flashback scene that would explain what happened to him. I think that would work a lot better than having an entire movie about it.

a little off topic but it's hard to keep track of all the live action films.

we have a live action "beauty and the beast", "dumbo", "mulan", a comedy about prince charming's less charming brother, "jungle book", "winnie the pooh", "pinnochio", a sequel to tim burton's "alice in wonderland" and possibly a sequel to "maleficent". possibly a peter pan spinoff "tink".

and not a third tron, which i'm still mad about. urgh.

back to aladdin, that could mean a lot of genie merchandise, but i have doubts. genie is so iconic. :c

So I dunno if anyone has noticed this yet, but the cover for Aladdin has had some changes made to it since its initial reveal. Now Jasmine and Aladdin are drawn better to look more like their characters, and their skin is darker. The top is the old and the bottom is the new.

EDIT: Also just noticed that both carpet and Iago have more details now.

11709517_855873651171061_6918280080385815986_n.jpg
11755631_855873687837724_7180153758553931091_n.jpg

Last edited:
So I dunno if anyone has noticed this yet, but the cover for Aladdin has had some changed made to it since its initial reveal. Now Jasmine and Aladdin are drawn better to look more like their characters, and their skin is darker. The top is the old and the bottom is the new.

Wow, you have a good eye. I don't think I would have even noticed the difference if you hadn't pointed it out.

So I dunno if anyone has noticed this yet, but the cover for Aladdin has had some changed made to it since its initial reveal. Now Jasmine and Aladdin are drawn better to look more like their characters, and their skin is darker. The top is the old and the bottom is the new.

THANK YOU! I was waiting for someone to post this but I was too lazy to do so with all the busy stuff I gotta do before D23 Expo. But I am sooo glad they fixed them up before the pre-sale release. Otherwise I would've cringing at this the whole time till their movies came out. All it took was some time & people's complaints from our "awesome" forums here lol.

Alladin and Jasmine look so much better now. Abu still looks a little freaky but he's not as central a character so it's less of a put-off.

Aladdin and Jasmine are still a liiiiiittttlllleee too pale BUT they do look a million times better and more like themselves now. And as someone mentioned way back in this topic, those slip covers will most likely be metallic which changes the appearance of the colours anyway. I seriously can't believe how bad the cover originally looked, yeesh.

Iago being on it still makes not a lick of sense, though.

Aladdin and Jasmine are still a liiiiiittttlllleee too pale BUT they do look a million times better and more like themselves now. And as someone mentioned way back in this topic, those slip covers will most likely be metallic which changes the appearance of the colours anyway. I seriously can't believe how bad the cover originally looked, yeesh.

Iago being on it still makes not a lick of sense, though.

That is mainly why I am not worried about their skin tone in the promo images. These types of images almost always look brighter online, but they are usually darker once they are printed. Plus that metallic sheen will help. I found this picture on eBay of the lithograph folder, and their skin tone definitely looks darker and more accurate. As for Iago, I feel like they put him there because of his role in the sequels. But yeah I agree that his appearance on the cover is a bit random, and it would have made a lot more sense if he was with Jafar.

11699000_856319207793172_2662315500671877706_o.jpg

Last edited:
Target has their exclusive version of the Diamond Edition up for pre-order. It includes a 32 page storybook, and its not clear if its a digibook or a separate item, but most people seem to think its a digibook.

Japan is getting a gorgeous box set of all three movies on DVD and Blu-ray. I REALLY hope we get something similar to this, because this would definitely be the version I would buy if it was sold here!

1328_Aladdin_trilogy.jpg

Last edited:
I want the storybook if it's a separate item! (Why are all the books sold alongside another item? I just want the book! lol)

And omg, that box set really is gorgeous! Japan gets all the good stuff, I swear. xD

Target has their exclusive version of the Diamond Edition up for pre-order. It includes a 32 page storybook, and its not clear if its a digibook or a separate item, but most people seem to think its a digibook.

I have Target's exclusive edition of The Little Mermaid that includes a similar storybook-it was glued inside the case and couldn't be removed, and I don't believe it was available as a digibook. Not sure if this is the same case for Aladdin though (and no pun intended). :)

I love the art for the Target edition, but hopefully the US will also get something similar to that Japanese boxed set-it looks so beautiful!

Last edited:
So I shared this the day before yesterday but for whatever reason the image wouldn't show up. Anyways, Best Buy revealed their exclusive lenticular cover for the movie and it really isn't that great. The image's effect is supposed to make it look like Genie is coming out of his lamp, but its still not that great, especially when compared to previous covers like the one for Sleeping Beauty. All that is left now is to see what Wal-Mart's exclusive edition is (at least for the United States).

m2218103.jpg

Last edited:
So I shared this the day before yesterday but for whatever reason the image wouldn't show up. Anyways, Best Buy revealed their exclusive lenticular cover for the movie and it really isn't that great. The image's effect is supposed to make it look like Genie is coming out of his lamp, but its still not that great, especially when compared to previous covers like the one for Sleeping Beauty. All that is left now is to see what Wal-Mart's exclusive edition is (at least for the United States).

m2218103.jpg

To be honest, I don't think any of Best Buys covers are that great. The Sleeping Beauty cover was a bit nicer than the Disney one last year but I thought both were lack luster. Aladdins is just not that impressive either and Aladdin is way too pale.

I really like the BB lenti. Surprised people don't. I can agree he's pale, and that usually bugs me, but in this case I can blame the lighting from the lamp explosion. Definitely getting this :)

I really like the BB lenti. Surprised people don't. I can agree he's pale, and that usually bugs me, but in this case I can blame the lighting from the lamp explosion. Definitely getting this :)

I actually love it! The fact that Aladdin is looking light here, doesn't mean he'll be like that once the version is released. This was the exact same situation with the Disney store's version. I mean people need to be patient when it comes to stuff like this. Heck I even made a post about it on my Instagram to show the "comparison". Don't mind the wordings though underneath lol

74b7042f25c07b8c145c603b07b9fe4b.jpg

But look at that difference when we first saw it back in June. Quality is much better :D

So I'm going to be the crazy obsessed one & showing up at the store around 6am. The store doesn't open until 10am but I want to be GUARANTEED to have a set of the tsum tsums & Pre-order of Jasmine >:D

Around 6am is my plan too. I have been showing up earlier and earlier for Tsum Tsum Tuesday and annoyingly there's been more and more people ahead of me every time (not that this makes a difference as the store gets more than enough, especially with the 2 limit now) but I'd be so bummed if those people who are just there for the tsums also decided to pre-order Jasmine on a whim and I missed out.

Sure, there's always the website but shipping to Canada is gross and I like getting to choose between a couple of different dolls in person.

And I still can't believe how terrible Al and Jas looked in the original cover artwork my god how did Disney allow that image to ever be made public??? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back