• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Almost Live From Hollywood: Frozen 2

DSF/DSSH Almost Live From Hollywood: Frozen 2
I'm safe!
8d029e9b7e5e6dcaf41a22d1bb8e2bbd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pulled 193, but I need to head to work before it gets to me so no pins right now. But there will be at least some left later so I might stop by after work to get whatever’s left.

I did do a pin delivery and got a bunch of the new Shanghai Zootopia pins from another pin friend so all was not in vain. :)

I'm so surprised that it didn't sell out. But then again, it's a buyer's market right now for pins, so resellers are kinda slowing down, I hear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I also think that these particular pins are just not that exciting design-wise.

Well unexpectedly(I don't collect Frozen) if anybody has an extra of Anna, Elsa, or the Marquee they want to trade, PM me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I couldn't make the regular release but was advised there were leftovers so I checked it out at store opening.

Seems Ghirardelli has more new managers! Meaning they're selling the pins but not sure bout the rules, and the quantity for exchanges. The manager told me I couldnt exchange all of them, I had to pick 3 out of the 5. (Till someone else took over and handled the exchange, whew!)

Apparently there were a few in line that had returned at store open trying to get extras, and were being turned away at the register, so managers were requested. The managers checked the flyer and eventually had to call DSSH managers to verify. It seemed there were more in question, but couldn't be positive by identity. The few that got rejected were probably because 1 was carrying a chair, and others were bundled, but also honest about it. They explained they were always sold extras at store opening?

Anyway, that was my drama while I waited:(

Last edited:
I couldn't make the regular release but was advised there were leftovers so I checked it out at store opening.

Seems Ghirardelli has more new managers! Meaning they're selling the pins but not sure bout the rules, and the quantity for exchanges. The manager told me I couldnt exchange all of them, I had to pick 3 out of the 5. (Till someone else took over and handled the exchange, whew!)

Apparently there were a few in line that had returned at store open trying to get extras, and were being turned away at the register, so managers were requested. The managers checked the flyer and eventually had to call DSSH managers to verify. It seemed there were more in question, but couldn't be positive by identity. The few that got rejected were probably because 1 was carrying a chair, and others were bundled, but also honest about it. They explained they were always sold extras at store opening?

I've never had the need to try to exchange pins, but is that what the 'other' line was at the far right of the store? :)

It's always been one pin per DAY though, and if they can tell you were at the release, they won't sell them to you again for the rest of the day. Years ago, when I worked right next door, I would sometimes try to go back at 10am or so to get more pins if they didn't sell out. Worked sometimes, got busted other times. If I waited for at least 8 hours and went back in the evening I almost always got away with it since it was all new employees (the evening shift)... It's just kind of a chance you take, seeing if they will recognize you... But arguing about it is just stupid. You know you are breaking the rules by trying, so just suck it up and leave if they catch you... Geez...

For what it's worth, the store still has everything except the surprise pin... :)

Thanks for the story. :) Glad your set worked out.

My experience: enjoyed seeing @timeerkat, @ItzaPinfan, TG, @tiffychann
Sorry to have missed you pincrazy.
Late Edit: and meeting new member to DPF @TrevorsPinTreasures and his sister and friend.

Line experience: The guy right in front of me (let's call him guy 1) during the release knew a lot of other people at the release (they kept coming up to chat). One of the people he knew (let's call him guy 2) tried to trade me a lower number, and when that didn't work, I am pretty sure guy 2 tried to use the number to enter the store to buy another set and guy 2 was 'kicked out' by security. My understanding (based on info from the guy 1), guy 2 had already bought one set and had his wristband marked as used. Nice to know the DSSH checks stop some of the games people play.

I also had a discussion with guy 1 about trying to by another set on the same day. Guy 1 said the one set per day is only for purchases
regular store hours... I gently and politely said this was not the case in my experience. Perhaps those trying for another set have succeeded before in buying the second set on the same day? Makes them think it is okay.

Interesting day at DSSH.

Last edited:
I've never had the need to try to exchange pins, but is that what the 'other' line was at the far right of the store? :)

It's always been one pin per DAY though, and if they can tell you were at the release, they won't sell them to you again for the rest of the day. Years ago, when I worked right next door, I would sometimes try to go back at 10am or so to get more pins if they didn't sell out. Worked sometimes, got busted other times. If I waited for at least 8 hours and went back in the evening I almost always got away with it since it was all new employees (the evening shift)... It's just kind of a chance you take, seeing if they will recognize you... But arguing about it is just stupid. You know you are breaking the rules by trying, so just suck it up and leave if they catch you... Geez...

For what it's worth, the store still has everything except the surprise pin... :)
Yes, usually 2nd line is for exchanges :p, often times it's an automatic just to go to the line and check your pins there, the line just gets longer and the better Pins get chosen, so whether I need to or not it's an automatic decision:)

Thanks for the story. :) Glad your set worked out.

My experience: enjoyed seeing @timeerkat, @ItzaPinfan, TG, @tiffychann
Sorry to have missed you pincrazy.

Line experience: The guy right in front of me (let's call him guy 1) during the release knew a lot of other people at the release (they kept coming up to chat). One of the people he knew (let's call him guy 2) tried to trade me a lower number, and when that didn't work, I am pretty sure guy 2 tried to use the number to enter the store to buy another set and guy 2 was 'kicked out' by security. My understanding (based on info from the guy 1), guy 2 had already bought one set and had his wristband marked as used. Nice to know the DSSH checks stop some of the games people play.

I also had a discussion with guy 1 about trying to by another set on the same day. Guy 1 said the one set per day is only for purchases
regular store hours... I gently and politely said this was not the case in my experience. Perhaps those trying for another set have succeeded before in buying the second set on the same day? Makes them think it is okay.

Interesting day at DSSH.[/QUOTE

Last edited:
I didn't even register that Judy was still available. I even had a 'toy' with me... bummer.

On my flight home now.... Busy but productive week.

Ugh my post got attached to the bottom of Mickeymouserules quote:p
Sorry for the confusion:stitch:
Edit your post... cut (Ctrl c) and paste (Ctrl v) your text to the outside of the bracketed quotes and this will fix it.

Make sure you put your text below this character string "[/QUOTE]"

Edit your post... cut and paste your text to the outside of the bracketed quotes and this will fix it.
Wish I could figure how to cut and paste on my cell, whenever I try fancy stuff like that it changes my post, and then I have to remember what I wrote, so then I give up:confused:
But Thanks for trying to help
Glad you had a good week, safe travels home

Wish I could figure how to cut and paste on my cell, whenever I try fancy stuff like that it changes my post, and then I have to remember what I wrote, so then I give up:confused:
But Thanks for trying to help
To cut and paste On my android phone, I start by highlighting a word in the section to be cut.

Touch the word for the count of 2 and it highlights. The drag the blue balloons on either end to highlight your desired text. The menu to cut should automatically appear.

Then add a few characters after the quote marks (so you can highlight them). The paste option should appear, select it.

Back