• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! An open letter to my DPF family

ZAPPED! An open letter to my DPF family

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
I know it seems like a lot of my time is concentrated on my little zap war with Zagales14. Please do not be concerned by this. There are plenty of zaps for many of you!!! 2014 will be our year of the zaps. I currently have 2 zap game going right now, if you like Star Wars or are a huge Ariel fan go check them out and do not forget to follow directions!!!

I have also recently acquired some very nice grail style pins that I am watching peoples siggys to find just the right new homes for.

Of course there is also the Random Acts of Kindness I am running so if you want to get into the zapping fun you can also find those posts and join in on the fun!!!

As well as trying to make sure those who have not been zapped before get in on the fun!!!

Keep your eyes open, you will be seeing many more zaps to come this year from us!!!

Thank you for being part of our extended family and letting us have some good hearted fun here!!! It is because of all of you that we want to give back to this magical community!!!

An angel David!!! :angel: I do NOT care what you say!!! :rant: I do not think anyone is worried AT ALL about you ignoring them!!! :lol: After all, you ARE the Grailslayer!!! You are loved and adored here, and I am sure no one is thinking you owe them a zap or should focus more time on zapping others!!! You spread joy wherever you go! As far as I am concerned, spend all the time you want on this War of the Pins with Alex! First, I rather enjoy it, and second, I think you are going to need to focus on this if you THINK you have a chance my friend!!! Bwah ha ha ha!!! ;)

Love ya David...and fam! :hug:

Dear David, you never give any of us reason to be concerned!! I only wish I could show my appreciation even more for all the kindness you have done for this community.

I personally have felt so welcomed by you, and the kind exchanges we have had has made me smile and really mean just as much and more so than pin zaps. And I especially love logging in and seeing that members are able to make your pin dreams come true just as much as you have helped so many of us!

Thanks so much again for personally making me feel a part of DPF, and for all you do in keeping this wonderful site such a positive place to enjoy pin collecting! :hug:

Last edited:
You are so sweet!!! :D Great post!
Dear David, you never give any of us reason to be concerned!! I only wish I could show my appreciation even more for all the kindness you have done for this community.

I personally have felt so welcomed by you, and the kind exchanges we have had has made me smile and really mean just as much and more so than pin zaps. And I especially love logging in and seeing that members are able to make your pin dreams come true just as much as you have helped so many of us!

Thanks so much again for personally making me feel a part of DPF, and for all you do in keeping this wonderful site such a positive place to enjoy pin collecting! :hug:

Kayla,

thank you for being my friend here!!!

We (at least I hope we) are all having fun here with this zap war, but all kidding aside here for one minute. I want to remind people that if I ever have done something nice for you and you want to repay me, don't feel you have to zap me. Amy and I are very lucky, we have a great family that I enjoy being around and we both have great jobs that allow us to zap people. If you really want to pay me back pick somebody you see here posting often, or giving something to our community in one way or another. Even if they are being a cheerleader for others. Let's spread the love here to as many others as possible.

If you are somebody who only lurks here, I used to be the same way. The more you put in here the more you get out of it. It wasn't until I started putting myself out there that I started meeting a bunch of other members here and feeling like a part of the family. Zapping doesn't have to be pins!!! If you have a talent, use it to make others something. Some of my all time favorite zaps are drawings and paintings that people have made for me!!! I have a large file full of them. I keep every little drawing that is made for me. To me they mean somebody cared enough to spend their valuable time to make something for me. That is truly special!!!

I know I have said this before, but, it is not what you zap, just that you zap!!! Have fun with it. I know several people just send little candies or cookies to people. That is so cool!!! Something sweet to brighten somebody's day. My favorite Christmas card we got had some hot cocoa packets in it. What a great idea that was!!! You never know when you might provide that little bit of light that somebody really needs.

Okay enough seriousness!!!

Thanks David for being such an awesome member of this community. I only joined a few months ago but traders like you have made me feel so welcome no matter what level of trading pins people are on! I will try to zap people in 2014 with pins and maybe crafts too! Can't wait!

Thanks David for being such an awesome member of this community. I only joined a few months ago but traders like you have made me feel so welcome no matter what level of trading pins people are on! I will try to zap people in 2014 with pins and maybe crafts too! Can't wait!

This makes me very happy!!! I am glad you are here and hope you have a great time when you are here!!!

You are so sweet!!! :D Great post!

=>

Kayla,

We (at least I hope we) are all having fun here with this zap war, but all kidding aside here for one minute. I want to remind people that if I ever have done something nice for you and you want to repay me, don't feel you have to zap me. Amy and I are very lucky, we have a great family that I enjoy being around and we both have great jobs that allow us to zap people. If you really want to pay me back pick somebody you see here posting often, or giving something to our community in one way or another. Even if they are being a cheerleader for others. Let's spread the love here to as many others as possible.

If you are somebody who only lurks here, I used to be the same way. The more you put in here the more you get out of it. It wasn't until I started putting myself out there that I started meeting a bunch of other members here and feeling like a part of the family. Zapping doesn't have to be pins!!! If you have a talent, use it to make others something. Some of my all time favorite zaps are drawings and paintings that people have made for me!!! I have a large file full of them. I keep every little drawing that is made for me. To me they mean somebody cared enough to spend their valuable time to make something for me. That is truly special!!!

I know I have said this before, but, it is not what you zap, just that you zap!!! Have fun with it. I know several people just send little candies or cookies to people. That is so cool!!! Something sweet to brighten somebody's day. My favorite Christmas card we got had some hot cocoa packets in it. What a great idea that was!!! You never know when you might provide that little bit of light that somebody really needs.

:hug:!! All good reminders! I don't always think outside the box when it comes to zapping, and heck, my artistic ability pale with gaping awe in comparison to the crazy awesome artistic pin buddies we have here. But I will definitely look for opportunities to send some cheer to others in deed and words and/or posts ^.^

I may never be able to be a Grail Royal... But I'm gonna darn shoot for being a Peasant o' Kindness! =D

I just wanted to add my thanks for being such a great DPF'er! I had never considered zapping someone with something other than a pin. That gives me ideas. Thanks for the spark!

This is all so nice. I'm only a member for a month now (maybe even less, I can't remember) and you've already tried to help me. Everyone has been super nice to me and I really felt welcome. I've read so many warnings about scammers and I was so worried when I got into this hobby, but I'm really glad the majority of traders are so nice and generous.

Also, your various zap/kindness threads have really inspired me to surprise some people and I can't wait to get started! I hope 2014 will be a fun trading year for everyone.

David <3 you're a credit to this community. Let me know if you ever need any help with anything on this side of the pond!

-Charlie

Kayla,

I could not agree with you more!! And the same goes for me... I will continue to zap outside of this war, and I plan on my 2014 to be a bigger and better zap year than was 2013!!

=>

:hug:!! All good reminders! I don't always think outside the box when it comes to zapping, and heck, my artistic ability pale with gaping awe in comparison to the crazy awesome artistic pin buddies we have here. But I will definitely look for opportunities to send some cheer to others in deed and words and/or posts ^.^

I may never be able to be a Grail Royal... But I'm gonna darn shoot for being a Peasant o' Kindness! =D

That is the great thing about zaps, they don't have to be grails!!! I hope that nobody thinks that because they can't send grails, they can't zap. The little zaps are awesome also, especially if you put some thought behind them!!! Please people do think outside of the box!!! I received a vinylamation that still sits on my desk. I don't collect them, but It is cool and it matters to me. Most of all have fun!!! Pin trading and this community are supposed to be fun!!!

thanks for the encouragement about nonpin zaps. I just sent one out and I have been nervous that maybe not getting a pin would be a let-down, so I really hope they just understand that I was thinking of them... :anxious:

thanks for the encouragement about nonpin zaps. I just sent one out and I have been nervous that maybe not getting a pin would be a let-down, so I really hope they just understand that I was thinking of them... :anxious:

If they are let down in any way they can feel free to send it to me!!! Those are the best kind!!!

I am sure they will love it! :D I treasure my Jessica that Lili painted for me!!! :love:

Back