• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are Artland pins being faked?

Are Artland pins being faked?

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Question! Was browsing (always horrible to do as far as eventually adding pins to your wants list!) and found a listing for an Artland UP pin that has Kevin on it that totally slipped past me! It is now marked a grail on my PinPics. However . . . the listing included a big picture of the back of the pin and I'm wondering if Artland pins are being faked now? The printed number says it is an edition of 100. The info box clearly says an edition of 200!

20230701161637-19b19f63.png

I know when Artland releases, they do No. 1, AP/PP, and Numbered Edition of the same pin. So I wonder if it has something to do with that. You can always message them on IG, they are super responsive!

@momin.ator is correct. This number (41-100) is for the pinopolis game that didn't catch on. I played the game once during their trial run. I would describe it as a poker game using the random numbers on the back of pins. The more pinopolis pins you had the better your chances of having a pin that would win you the game by improving you 'hand' (high number total or low number total or some other variation.) I found the entire concept of their game annoying. I never played again after the trial run experience.

Anyway, I see no issues with the back of the pin. It looks legit.

Oh, I thought Pinopolis was before 2021? This is the pin listing:

I can't message on Instagram, but would love it if someone did! :) So, you'd say this pin is an LE 200 and not an LE 100?

Pinopolis became Artland. I have no idea what the transition was like, but this pin might have been in development before the handover and then released by Artland. An example of a pin that was released under Artland, but was started under pinopolis is this one (I actually ordered it, paid for it and then it was cancelled):

I am sure the number is a pinopolis game number and has nothing to do with the edition size.

Pinopolis became Artland. I have no idea what the transition was like, but this pin might have been in development before the handover and then released by Artland. An example of a pin that was released under Artland, but was started under pinopolis is this one (I actually ordered it, paid for it and then it was cancelled):

I am sure the number is a pinopolis game number and has nothing to do with the edition size.

Thanks! Makes sense . . . I have never heard of Artland pins being faked, but mismatched numbers are always a big flag! Didn't know that about Pinopolis! Thanks for the info!

Just an FYI, I do believe that some of the Acme/HotArt pins have been counterfeited, but I could be
wrong.

Actually, not the whole story.
Artland is the licensee for Disney pins and makes them under their name.
PinPics was a dealer of Artland pins for a while. Pulse Gallery UK is now the official dealer for Artland pins and acquired the majority, if not all, of PinPics' stock of pins, so that's why they have some with those numbers. Pulse Gallery "took over" the PinPics Artland dealers (some agreed to stay on, some did not). At one point, there was a rumor that the prior owners of PinPics were partners with Pulse Gallery, but that died down after a year.
PinPics owned Pinopolis and tried to do this game with pins and then also went to try to do digital pins.
PinPics did games at their in-person trading events.

Pulse didn't start printing numbers on the back of their pins until 1-2 years ago.

So here is the story on Artland. Pulse Gallery owns the Disney License and their pins are Artland Pins. They did get the license after the Hot Art folks no longer had it. All of the Artland pins are based on fine art. Pulse Gallery also deals in Disney Fine Art...you can see this on their website. Joe and I became Artland dealers in the beginning of 2019. Their pins, Artland pins, are amazing and have not been faked.
The PinPic owners before Joe and I never dealt in any Artland pins. Artland only took on 3 of the old Hot Art dealers. We had not been a Hot Art dealer.....Right now there are only 3 known Artland dealers in the US. Joe and I are one of the three.
The Artland pins are amazing......truly they are works of art.

Back