• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are you one of the 112 wanting this pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you one of the 112 wanting this pin?

Aceastrococopuff

Steamboat Willie Advocate
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Are you one of the 112 wanting Pin 80460: DLR - 2010 Hidden Mickey Series - Alice In Wonderland 'TEN' Completer Pin - Cheshire Cat (PWP)? If so, why? Why is it a sought after pin? Please elaborate if you know.

Thanks,

Corvyn

Ask the same question to the 157 that want the Pluto's Root Beer completer or the 116 that want the Maleficent completer. Why do 83 people want the pig (Hen Wen) black cauldron pin? Hidden Mickey's are collectible to the masses and everyone starts somewhere. 83 people want the Starfish from the Undersea band?! 88744. Why? They aren't even real characters!? 83 people want the blue "Geyser" water fountain from the world of color HM set?? 3 of the T-Shirts from 2011 have over 190 wanting them.

This is very easy and can be summed up in one word: completer! If you have the set and you are one of those completist people (I used to be, but I have learned to not be, but it took a long while) you have to have the completer pin or you do not have the whole set.

It's not just completers. Depends on what people are able to find in the parks. For whatever reason some sets are more popular than others and therefore are harder to find than others. They have been seriously lacking with princess hidden mickey pins lately. They had a princess set every year at DLR until 2011. They have been so random lately with their designs. They are getting smaller and cheaper though. Some pins are just harder to find. Probably because they aren't scrapped. People find all the scrapped ones, like the Genie t-shirt or Cheshire T-shirt and they want the others now. So the ones that weren't scrapped are harder to find because the ones that were scrapped has both the scrapper and the real allotments. But still, hidden mickey's is usually the first people get to experience pin trading. They hear those are special on the lanyards, there are many series, the scrappers are easy to find and most dont' know about scrappers yet. So people start looking for them and inevitably a few are hard to find so they hear about pinpics as a place to go and see what they are missing and how to trade for them. Then the new masses list them for wants.

I also think many people put HM's on their wants list because they like the pin, but they never trade for them becaues it's not worth $2.07 to trade hidden mickey's. HM's should be the icing on the cake of a trade. If you have an LE for LE trade, why not tack on a HM for HM trade too. (Probably answer is you're afraid their HM is fake.) So unless you find it in person you're probably not going to get it ever. So it just sits on your wants.

Yup. It's a completist thing, and a newbie thing. Hidden mickeys are what most people start out collecting, and it's the thrill of the hunt! For example:
pin61204

This pin took me FOREVER to get. I am assuming the entire set is scrapped except for this one. I could seriously not find anyone to trade it to me for years. I ended up buying one for $20. :facepalm:

I also think many people put HM's on their wants list because they like the pin, but they never trade for them becaues it's not worth $2.07 to trade hidden mickey's. HM's should be the icing on the cake of a trade. If you have an LE for LE trade, why not tack on a HM for HM trade too.

I think that's a good idea to tack on a HM trade to a bigger trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back