• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Bad news at mickey's circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news at mickey's circus

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
If you have been to the events in the past (excluding the doomed to fail Florida Project), you will remember that Scoop always put in an appearance and gave a talk. Last year they did NOT invite him to the event.

I've been emailing and have found out that as of yesterday, Scoop has NOT been invited - sound the alarm - gather the troops - and let's get this gig moving. If you will please call (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST). Or email: WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

This is Guest services and if enough of us complain that it's not a pin event without Scoop maybe he will be there. Scoop represents what pin trading is all about and he is an icon in the pin community. So if you are going to the event - and even if you are not - call and tell them - Scoop needs to be there.

This is a disservice to the public and the pin traders and I'm mad. :mad:

Scoop is a pin trading tradition at WDW. This is his current pin:
pin89968th72

Pin 89968: Scoop Sanderson Continuing The Tradition

He is one of the townpeople on Main Street USA at MK, specifically newspaper journalist/city councilman. He is literally The face of pin trading at WDW, but isn't that known elsewhere. I'm suprised too but wonder if it's more due to his other appearance obligations or if he'll make an appearance regardless.

There could be a number of legitimate reasons why he won't be there. Before storming the castle consider this:

- Underneath that costume Scoop is just a regular guy. Maybe ha has a wedding to go to....maybe he doesn't want to work weekends....who knows? He may even love his job, but maybe he doesn't want to or cant go for some reason. And even if that is the case, he peoprobably wouldn't want to say that because it wouldn't be "in character".

- Maybe Disney doesn't want main street characters off main street, similar to how you won't find Cinderella anywhere but the Magic Kingdom. Maybe they need/got him doing something else during that time.

- Pin trading is full of complainers. If all Disney hears about the event are complaints, that just gives them reason not to have it at all. They have been cutting back on pins for while now so don't assume ending the annual event hasn't crossed their minds.

- Pin trading is full of complainers. If all Disney hears about the event are complaints, that just gives them reason not to have it at all. They have been cutting back on pins for while now so don't assume ending the annual event hasn't crossed their minds.

This so hard :( I think we should all just appreciate what we have before we raeg on the phones

+1 with Karina, I really enjoyed pin trading for the summer, but I saw a lot of people complaining, especially at PODM releases.... the scenes are only all the same because most of the other ones have been bought already... :| Having said that, I'm new so I don't really know what went down years ago, but complaining usually only makes things worse in hobbies like this ;)

- Maybe Disney doesn't want main street characters off main street, similar to how you won't find Cinderella anywhere but the Magic Kingdom. Maybe they need/got him doing something else during that time.

Considering that Scoop has been at the September event every year until the Florida Project last year, I very much doubt that the first part of this applies. It's entirely possible that Scoop might be needed somewhere else, but considering how long the event goes, I'd think they could manage to find at least a few hours for Scoop to make an appearance (provided he wants to, of course).

Scoop now is one of the performers at Mickey's Barbeque at Fort Wilderness . But I am still going to call .
Erica, until last year, Scoop was a huge part of the pin event . Do you even know he had his own show at The MK called Pin Talk . Even though he's a character on Main St . He is a big part of Disney Pins . This Stinks !

No he was not invited when I spoke to him a month ago he told me that he was not invited to the event.

There could be a number of legitimate reasons why he won't be there. Before storming the castle consider this:

- Underneath that costume Scoop is just a regular guy. Maybe ha has a wedding to go to....maybe he doesn't want to work weekends....who knows? He may even love his job, but maybe he doesn't want to or cant go for some reason. And even if that is the case, he peoprobably wouldn't want to say that because it wouldn't be "in character".

He did show up, without the costume, at the New Jersey Pin Traders event at Port Orleans on the Friday night last year. Event services work really hard putting together entertainment, trade boards, and seminars and signing and we should be grateful we have that. Let's not bother them with something so trivial as this.

Scoop now is one of the performers at Mickey's Barbeque at Fort Wilderness . But I am still going to call .
Erica, until last year, Scoop was a huge part of the pin event . Do you even know he had his own show at The MK called Pin Talk . Even though he's a character on Main St . He is a big part of Disney Pins . This Stinks !

Yes, I was aware. However, I personally do not believe that the presence or absence of one person/character is going to make or break an event like this. What will make or break the event are the attitudes of the people in attendance. So, call and protest/complain if you must, but win or lose realize that you actions have an impact on the entire community.

No he was not invited when I spoke to him a month ago he told me that he was not invited to the event.

I'm sure that is probably true, but just to play Devil's advocate....what if he really just didn't want to go (in character)? What is he supposed to say? "nah, I don't feel like it."? Not likely. He would have to give some other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back