• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Be civil when responding to Trade Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be civil when responding to Trade Requests
I would sooo much love to go to a trading event.... sadly there aren't any in my country :( I'm sure it's a lot of fun and meeting people in person ones knows only through the board must be very exciting. Awww... I really would like to go as well!!! :roll:

Right now it looks like it will be at the Denny's on Harbor Blvd across the street from Disneyland on May 2nd. They are giving us room for 80-100 people. I can buy a lot of appetizers with the money we would have had to plunk down to rent a room. :lol:

I really wanted to do a vacation at DL this year being the 60th and everything. Alas, I don't have the money for it. Your events sound really awesome though, David. If you ever wanna do something like that here in Florida, I'm sure a lot of people would be on board!

OK, I am going to say this once, keep this on topic and CIVIL, otherwise, the thread will be locked and infractions will be issued for those causing drama

I really wanted to do a vacation at DL this year being the 60th and everything. Alas, I don't have the money for it. Your events sound really awesome though, David. If you ever wanna do something like that here in Florida, I'm sure a lot of people would be on board!

David's events are definitely always awesome and friendly!

I feel like I still struggle with offers sometimes, I either get really off ones or offers that I send don't come across as I've meant them to. Online trading is a struggle sometimes. The le vs. popularity vs. age formula feels like Calculus to this Librarian.

While I haven't done any real trades in person, I'm really thankful for the people I've met in the parks before I really got into the hobby. They were patient with my questions and let me look at their pins even though I didn't have anything substantial to trade. They even gave me advice on patience. It made me feel really welcome before I even started or found the forums.

Still hunting that Belle marrying Gaston pin though after talking to them 6 years ago :facepalm:

It's hard to keep up on trade requests for pinpics sometimes, so when you're sifting through and see a bunch of lopsided requests in a row it does exasperate you. I only have a small pool of traders and even I get behind in replying to folks (even with good requests! And I feel awful about it, but I do my best to reply). I feel rude just for my silence alone, but I never get angry at them in text. I just sort of shake my head and move on.

It's funny... I send out bunches of pinpics requests, but hardly ever receive ANY. :(

Haha, this. But in the end it's ok if at least some people are responding. I think I get replies about 30% of the time. It's almost always a no, and sometimes I try to negotiate by adding pins. It weird when people disappear for a while too when you've got trades in negotiations. I guess the idea is never get married to a trade till it's 100% yes and going into the post.

luckily I'm slowly meeting some nice traders at the pin nights here. This will be the first time I go with my trades instead of pre-organizing the trades and just bringing what was previously decided upon. Though I do have some of those set up as well ;)

with pinpics i try try not to be push, or read short responses as rude. It is the internet, and at least they took the 30 seconds to say no. I think that it's important not to get emotional in these situations because it creates unnecessary negative energy, sometimes sure, can be positive if it's a yes. It's like business, but fun! You win some and you lose some, but I believe in karma so if you're rude now the odds will be stacked against you later.

They have been a lot of fun to put on and we get a great response. which is the main reason we keep doing it. Lot's of great people to hang out with and have fun and actually do some trading. I have been told we have to come throw one in Florida, but as of yet we haven't done it. Usually it is a 4 day trip for us, fly in on Friday, party on Saturday, pin trade on Sunday and go home on Monday. Might be tough to pull off that short of a trip to Florida. I don't know if it helps, but we are sure we are going to Jersey in October. We are getting ready to buy the airfare in the next month so we don't run into the issues we had last year.

OK, I am going to say this once, keep this on topic and CIVIL, otherwise, the thread will be locked and infractions will be issued for those causing drama

:suspect: :dunno: Yes Dad.

David's events are definitely always awesome and friendly!
:rock: They are always better when you are there!!!

I feel like I still struggle with offers sometimes, I either get really off ones or offers that I send don't come across as I've meant them to. Online trading is a struggle sometimes. The le vs. popularity vs. age formula feels like Calculus to this Librarian.

While I haven't done any real trades in person, I'm really thankful for the people I've met in the parks before I really got into the hobby. They were patient with my questions and let me look at their pins even though I didn't have anything substantial to trade. They even gave me advice on patience. It made me feel really welcome before I even started or found the forums.

Still hunting that Belle marrying Gaston pin though after talking to them 6 years ago :facepalm:

Please people if you get the chance to trade in person take it!!! You get to meet some really nice people that way!!! You never know when you will meet a docfish. :lol:

It's funny... I send out bunches of pinpics requests, but hardly ever receive ANY. :(

This does happen to me also. I just figure nothing ventured, nothing gained. You never know who might say yes to a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back