• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Blocked by Ebay seller for asking for a picture -seller just contacted me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blocked by Ebay seller for asking for a picture -seller just contacted me

pinnochiolover

UK Collector/Trader
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well the title says it all - I asked a seller for a picture of a pin because it was rather expensive and was a long distance purchase. He/She was using a stock photo, so I wanted to see what I would be purchasing rather than wait for it to arrive. The seller just kept questioning why I wanted a picture, so I politely state the above reasons, but again he responds by repeating himself and throwing questions at me. So I said Hey dont worry, other sellers willingly supply pictures. So I go to create myself a note against this seller to avoid him/her, and find that he has blocked me! You gotta laugh right? LOL! I'm in stitches!

I do so wish that Ebay would enforce a "photo of the actual item" rule, it would make my job of purchasing pins easier!! LOL!

UPDATE : FRIDAY 20TH - SELLER JUST CONTACTED ME TO APOLOGISE AND HAS LIFTED THE BLOCK - TWO EMAILS RECEIVED: (Note I asked for picture of front and back of pin)

Hi Michele, I have been thinking about your concerns with photos and fake pins. I have been collecting pins for 10 years and I have thousands. When you requested the photo of the back of the pin, which no one has ever asked for, I was so curious as to why someone would want a picture of the back of the pin
and not the whole pin. I just thought that was so unusual I didnt know what to say. If you look at our references we have a perfect history with Ebay and our
Buyers. I have no problem at all sending you a picture of the pin you want, I just didnt understand why you needed the back of the pin. I temporarliy put a
block on your ebay id until we can make sense of this. I want you to buy a pin from us, we sell to our friends in England all the time. The main thing that I
need to cover is that you feel safe. Thats why I tried to explain to you that you are protected by Ebay, so if anyone ever sends you a item you dont want, the
buyer will always be protected, we have a 14 day return policy also that works for you the buyer. It makes me sad to think that someone would be uptight to buy
a pin from us after all the effort we put into protected our buyers and how much we enjoy collecting trading and selling that I couldnt let this go. When you
asked for a picture of the back of the pin, I didnt understand. With all the fakes on the market its something I need to understand. Many of the new pin
traders have no knowledge so more information is better. I notice that you have over 600 reference on Ebay which makes you a experinced Ebayer too. So I
apologize if I mis understood regarding the photo. I'm really sorry about the misunderstanding. I will be more than happy to send you a picture of any pin you
like in our Ebay store. All of our pins are mint perfect and most are sealed and on the original card. I really need to make sure every person that visits our
Ebay store feels comfortable and safe. If you would like a picture of the back of the pin I can do that. My apologies

Hi again Michele, I lifted the block from our Ebay store. I apologize for any mis understanding regarding the picture. With all the fake pins on the market
its makes sense to have as much information as possible, I should have considered your feelings. My apologies. Michael

A NICE OUTCOME AFTER ALL - LET'S HOPE WE CAN INFLUENCE OTHER EBAY SELLERS TO PROVIDE PICTURES.

Last edited:
Evilbays policies regarding photos are changing in may to require a photo of the actual item. It is going to make pre-sales vertually impossible and hopefully stop folks like the person you delt with as well. can you PM me their EB username? I do sales and purchases and don't want that sort of drama.

I think that makes it a great reason for not to go near the seller :) they obv are trying to hide something before you buy it if they dont even want to show you a real pic of the item lol!

If he/ she was a genuine seller they wouldn't have a problem providing an actual photo especially for an expensive pin. Maybe if it was for a HM then it may have been more trouble than it was worth for them. They obviously had something to hide.

Evilbays policies regarding photos are changing in may to require a photo of the actual item. It is going to make pre-sales vertually impossible and hopefully stop folks like the person you delt with as well. can you PM me their EB username? I do sales and purchases and don't want that sort of drama.

Well I said exactly that on another thread, but one of the moderators replied saying that it was a guideline only and that I shouldnt expect things to change much!

I hope its gonna be more than just a guideline!

I do so wish that Ebay would enforce a "photo of the actual item" rule, it would make my job of purchasing pins easier!! LOL!

You will be happy to know that Ebay will actually have a new rule regarding the pictures starting in Fall. They will indeed require a picture of the actual item and won't allow stock photos anymore .... well, unless anything changes between now & September that is.

I don't think you missed much by getting blocked by this seller. It sounds a bit shady to me anyway. I would appreciate if you could PM me this seller's Ebay id.

Last edited:
I would also like a PM of this evilBayer's name, please! Better to be safe than sorry, eBay sellers really need to stop doing all this stuff T.T It just makes them look as if they DO have something to hide, even if that may not be the case... :(

I'm in the process of going through all my pins that I have on eBay and taking pictures of each one to upload. It is such a stinkin' pain, but I understand why it's needed. I would definitely avoid a seller who won't send you a photo of the item you're thinking of buying.

How rude of that seller. I don't understand why he kept questioning you that's so dumb of him/her to do.
At least you dodge a bullet (him blocking you)

:)

with as much stuff as this person has for sale ( i looked) there is no reason providing a pic was to much effort. It takes about 5 minutes to take a pic, upload to computer and add to an EB listing. if the computer is slow... LOL

If he/ she was a genuine seller they wouldn't have a problem providing an actual photo especially for an expensive pin. Maybe if it was for a HM then it may have been more trouble than it was worth for them. They obviously had something to hide.

Add me to the list of those wanting to know the seller's name. Thanks in advance. Quite fishy of them to not supply a picture.

Wow..you guys assume a lot on someones refusal to send a Photo of the actual item. That is crazy assumption. I just told someone today that I couldn't do the actual photo as I didn't have the time...it was an honest answer, and I certainly wasn't trying to hide anything. Now, granted I didn't block the person after. My opinion is that feedback will tell you if the seller has good product -not an actual photo -as you don't know when/or if the photo was of the actual item anyhow.

As I have stated previously, I see no need to do the actual photo unless it looks different than what is on Pinpics. But, I have 400 auctions up, and I need to cut time where I can. It only takes "5 minutes" times 400 is 33.3 hours of time for my listings -leaving me no time to ship, find new stuff, or go anywhere.

And to correct the mis-information here, Ebay's actual item requirement is only on certain categories, and most pin sales will not be effected. Consider all sides before a rash "send me a PM" reaction to a story here. As, I know quite a few PMs have been sent lately with lots of bad and untruthful info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back