• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Chat stopped working for me

Chat stopped working for me

markheardjr

Help me DPF u're my only hope!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Chat stopped working for me about 2 weeks ago. It would only work for me in Firefox, not IE, but now it doesn't work at all. Is there some common setting in Firefox I need to set for the Java to work or something? Do I need a specific version of Firefox or Java? I have the latest of both, I have IE8, and I have Java 1.5? and 1.7? I think that's the versions. Any help?

I haven't experienced and issues in chrome or firefox, but i'll look into it. It seems java (either being outdated, or the browser blocking scripts) it the main culprit in a lot of chat issues.

Thanks for checking. My work is upgrading me to windows 7 soon (Still on XP Pro.) Not looking forward to the wonky OS but hopefully chat will work again once they whipe my laptop.

Java has been giving me problems too. It's also started threatening me that in the future I won't be able to get on to chat at all. It says the chatroom's certificate has not been signed or something.

Back