• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

chat

Chat no longer works for me either. I figured it was just my computer's way of telling me to go do hw instead of being on DPF...

Yeah, Java's been acting on the fritz ever since their security was compromised and they took that version down. You should update the java application in your programs and then reset your computer, also make sure java is enabled in the browsers settings.

Keep in mind a popup is supposed to show up stating that you want to run java every time you enter chat(until you disable it). minimize the window you're in to see if it pops up.

Last edited:
It looks like a new version of java is out which means:
-update your java at java.com. After doing so I was able to get in after agreeing to a warning.
-the ppl at addonchat.com need to update their code to make said warning go away. I would expect this to be done in the next few days or so.

I had to do this also and agree to the warning, but when I did I was able to get back into chat in all 3 browsers (gmail, internet explorer and firefox)

ok I just re-downloaded java and that did fix the problem. Make sure when your finishing up that you want to ALLOW dpf chat to run the program. Works fine I got in, and then nobody wanted to talk to me <cry> so I left. Hope that helps, it does work just go get the new java. =)

SUPER OLD thread i know, :lol:

but yes, there was an update to the java software that's required for the current version of chat to work

if you haven't already, please update via the following link: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

and allow your browser/java to run the chat.

that should fix it ;)

Back