• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Conspiracy Theory??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy Theory??
I am just wondering how far they will actually take this series...like will they start doing BT pins for sequels (Toy Story 2 and 3, Etc.), will they do movies that were never in theatres (High School Musical, the Tinker Bell movies)...considering most of the major movies have already been done how much longer will this series realistically last?

This is the list I put together in September with what they haven't done, but could do. I've now removed Tangled and Fun and Fancy Free

Animated Movies

Saludos Amigos

Make Mine Music
Black Cauldron
Rescuers Down Under
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Princess and the Frog
Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Wreck-It-Ralph

Plus, the other Live Action/Animated releases

Song of the South
So Dear to My Heart
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Enchanted

and if they do these, I'd be impressed

The Reluctant Dragon
Victory Through Air Power

Plus Pixar Releases:

Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Incredibles
Cars
Wall-E
Cars 2
Brave

They also released Herbie, which would open up live action films, but that list is numerous. And with the Three Little Pigs, that opens up shorts, and that's another huge list. And they could do the specials like Mickey's Christmas Carol. And stop-motion like Nightmare Before Christmas.

Last edited:
tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif

Seriously, it's not the end of the world! Wait a while and I'm sure the prices will go down. The prices are only so high because people are willing to pay it. If everyone would put off buying the pins for a while, then sellers would decrease the price and they'd be more reasonable. Then there would be no reason to believe there are "conspiracies"

They also released Herbie, which would open up live action films, but that list is numerous. And with the Three Little Pigs, that opens up shorts, and that's another huge list. And they could do the specials like Mickey's Christmas Carol. And stop-motion like Nightmare Before Christmas.

it looks like for the live action they are going with the most popular and/or well-known films (Herbie, Mary Poppins, etc.). I think movies that fit in this category could be Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted, Song of the South and possibly even The Shaggy Dog (there have been 3 movies in this franchise so Disney must like it).

Also Mickey and the Beanstalk is from "Fun & Fancy Free" so you can probably take that off your list.

And who knows what they'd do with the franchises they've purchased and aren't original Disney...Muppets, Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones...

Don't say that because they started doing BT for the short films
Sorry, hon, it was just a thought, but imagine how beautiful it will be. That's actually what I was hoping for when they did release one, not another gondola scene. But Laz had a good point, it's different than the UK gondola because of the lanterns.
And I agree when something else is released that is Hot, prices will go down. Especially in the summer, I noticed eBay prices go down as people are on vaca. I am not and refuse to stress.
Unless by the grace of God that I am able to trade, I will be happy with the Tangled pins I have acquired and wear them proudly. :)

As long as there has been pin trading, there has been at least one theme/character that would sell out almost as soon as it was released - and sell for obscene amounts on the secondary market. The only thing that changes is the current theme/character du jour. In the past, it has been Stitch, Tinker Bell, Jessica Rabbit, Haunted Mansion ... now it's Tangled. Given enough time, the mania for Tangled will fade (although the prices for Tangled may or may not decrease).

Threads like this accomplish nothing productive and only generate hard feelings - and as such, it's closing before someone posts something that everyone really ends up regretting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back