• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit, Scrapper and Fantasy Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit, Scrapper and Fantasy Pins

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'm interested to hear what you feel the definition for these pins means. I have my own, but I'm interested in learning what other people call these pins and how they classify them. Here's mine:

1. Counterfeit - a pin that Disney might have made but didn't and the person selling or trading them is relying on the uneducated public to think it's a Disney pin and want it. They make no effort to state the pin is not made by Disney. May have fake Disney copyright and/or markings on the back.

2. Scrapper - Pins made by Disney but should have been discarded during the production process. These are genuine Disney designs but they are not Disney quality.

3. Fantasy - Pins that are Disney characters in scenes or costumes that were dreamed up by someone. They do not advertise them as Disney pins.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back