• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
Wow im loving the new animator sets, the accessories are sooooo cute, we have anna already from the first few sets but i think im going to buy belle, rapunzel and snow white from the new releases however i absolutely love the complete animator box set too! I think it will be in the £75-£100 price range, its a shame it doesnt have little accessories, it looks so cute but i think my little girl will prefer the cases even though i know i prefer the box set!

I hope someone is out there to help. I have two 1st edition Pocahontas doll from the animator series. I want to sell one but then I noticed something that totally ruined it. Doll1 is made of shinier plastic, has a warmer skin tone, bolder paint details. Doll2 is made of a duller plastic that doesn't shine, has a paler brown complexion and softer paint details. The difference can be seen. Which is the true 1st edition?! As far as I know, the dolls with shinier plastic molds are 2nd edition dolls (sorry, 1st edition doll not 2nd) :( I don't understand.

Last edited:
First edition has a plushy (a raccoon) and second edition hasn't. I have 1st edition. If you upload both dolls I think I can tell you...

First edition has a plushy (a raccoon) and second edition hasn't. I have 1st edition. If you upload both dolls I think I can tell you...

Here's a pic. Both have a plushy which is partially why I am confused about why they look different if they are both 1st edition dolls. Doll1 is on the left and doll2 is on the right. To me, they look different from each other. I tried to get it across in the photo. I hope you get what I mean. If you look at her nose/under eyes (doll1) it's all shiny, skin darker while doll2 has non-shiny plastic. As far as I know 2011 1st release snow white for example has shiny plastic, then the 2nd release had non-shiny plastic. So what gives with one of these "1st ed" dolls having 2nd edition non-shiny plastic? I don't know whether I'm making something out of nothing you know...To me it's just strange though...
OdyjsdA.jpg

I'm a newbie so the 1st post with pics gets moderated - how long does it take? It's been 4 days and my post hasn't shown up - so sorry no pics to show so far.

I'm a newbie so the 1st post with pics gets moderated - how long does it take? It's been 4 days and my post hasn't shown up - so sorry no pics to show so far.

Hi Cinderal, I think I can help you. There has actually been three releases so far of the animator dolls. The first release had little plush sidekicks, the second release had no sidekicks, and the newest release have the plush sidekicks again.

The best way to tell is by the boxes, the art was slightly changed. The very first release has Pocahontas sketched all over the box and the newest release has a gold border around the top of the box. Did that make sense? If not I can post some comparison pics. :)

At the Disney Store they had new plushes yesterday of Aurora and - Pocahontas ! I was so excited to see that she has been included in something and it's a really nice plush of her.

I love that plushes!!! It's soooo hard not to buy all of them. Even harder than the mini animators!!! :-D
There are only two left then: Mulan and Merida. Well, and Kristoff and Aladdin.
I hope we get also Pocahontas and Aurora mini animator... Pocahontas is one of my favorite doll :p

The mini animator set showed up in the UK!

160€ :-O !!!
I knew it will be expensive but that it's sooooo expensive... And worst thing is it will sold out because it will be limited so I wont be able to buy it when I... win the lottery (whenever I win :-D)

Yep i predicted it will be in the £75-100 price range this is £110, so slightly more, im still going to order it for my little girl, she only has one mini animator set and loves the doll more then the accessories so im hoping to get my money's worth! I've waited too long for this! I love the case and apparently it has a magnetic snap closure and top handle.

Ahhhh I've just seen this and I love it!!! I have every doll from the very first line that was released and my plan was to save them for my daughter. However as time has gone on it's been tough knowing they'd end up being 'played with'.

This set would be perfect for my daughter, £110 seems like a lot of money but you have a lot of dolls and I can rest easy knowing mine won't be ruined :hsd:

I love it too but my daughter prefers the accessories, so... And we plan to order a dollhouse from HABA for Chritsmas so my money is already spent on that. Why everything is soooo expensive?

I have never collected dolls (okay, I have a couple creepy ones I've gotten at estate sales - a Little Miss No Name, a Kewpie, and a vintage ventriloquists' dummy), but there's something about the Animator Dolls I really like. Since they came out, I got (blue dress) Belle, Rapunzel, and Tink. And now I'm tempted to buy the mini ones with their little individual accessory sets too. Disney will be the death of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope they make some of the heroines too. Jane and Eilonwy might be too much to wish for, but they should at least make Alice! And maybe Wendy, too. :fingers crossed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new mini animators' Belle is showing up under new arrivals. She's adorable in her little blue dress. I love everything she comes with... Mrs. Potts, chip, book, Phillipe, etc.

The new mini animators' Belle is showing up under new arrivals. She's adorable in her little blue dress. I love everything she comes with... Mrs. Potts, chip, book, Phillipe, etc.

I have been waiting for her, I was so excited to finally order her! :D Now to wait for the giant mini set.

Well, it's a good thing I had that $10 off $40+ code...I was casually browsing the new arrivals this morning, and that gigantic mini set somehow managed to jump into my bag and refused to jump back out. :dunno:

Now to wait for all the adorable minis to arrive! :D

They have a deluxe Little Mermaid set too, and an adorable Rapunzel set. They have so many cute dolls out now. I'm still trying to catch up on the deluxe mini sets.

I'd love to get the big mini set, but I have no money to spare until the 23rd with all the LE dolls coming out. I've already taken money from other areas of my budget and then spent some on non Disney dolls. The problem with the Disney dolls, like the deluxe Animators' collection, is the fear of them selling out even if they aren't LE. I'd love to be able to save up and wait for Cyber Monday, but I'm worried about items selling out. I thought I had plenty of time on some things last year, but they were gone within a week or so and never seen online again. I really don't understand that. Some things come back and others are gone in a flash. It's really hard to know what to buy. Disney is one of the scariest companies for a doll collector. The stock is so unpredictable. I could easily spend about $500 right now on the non LE they have. I'm usually good at annually budgeting for these things, but so many LE doll releases this year have really thrown my budget way off and I'm hardly getting anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back