• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
Toddler Ariel In The Sea

Thanks Story! I totally forgot that I had a blue blanket that I could use as background, to simulate Ariel being underwater. Doh! I will post photos of that shortly.
Here is Toddler Ariel in the deep blue sea, along with her friend Flounder.

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Full Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Closeup Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Animators' Ariel In The Sea - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Ok im torn lol i know i really really want belle, Rapunzel, Poci and Jasmine but i cant decide between Mulan, Ariel and Cinderella (IM only getting 5 at the moment lol) who would you choose??? please help me decide:D

20% Off US Disney Store Purchases Instore and Online

A bit off topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this.

I got an email from the Disney Store (US) this morning about 20% off for your purchases online OR instore from today, November 11, 2011 through Tuesday, November 15, 2011. There is a printable coupon for use instore, or use the code DISNEYPAL online. Looks like the coupon, or the promo code, can be used only one time (i.e. for one order), per Guest. Although I'm not absolutely sure about that, as the wording in the fine print is a little ambiguous. In addition, if you purchase more than $75 on a single order online, the shipping is free. Apparently, you don't have to add the code SHIPTODAY to get the free shipping. So that makes things simpler.

Also, if you bring a Tshirt to recycle to a Disney Store, there is another coupon for 25% off the purchases you make instore at one time.

This offer is also promoted on the main page of the Disney Store (US).

Animators' Ariel Doll In Rapunzel's Dress

Disney Animators' Ariel comes in a mermaid tail, but underneath has regular legs and feet just like the other toddler dolls. So to show what she might look like as a human toddler, I have dressed her in Animators' Rapunzel's dress. She is left in her bare feet, just as is Rapunzel. Also, the dress allows her to sit down, which her mermaid tail made impossible. Here are some photos. Click any photo or the links to see more and larger photos:

Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Standing Up - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Standing Up - Front View Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Ariel In Rapunzel's Dress Sitting Down - Full View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Rapunzel as a Mermaid

Okay, since Ariel borrowed Rapunzel's dress so she can pose as a human, it's only natural that Rapunzel put on Ariel's outfit so she can be a mermaid. One problem is that Rapunzel's painted on underwear is larger than Ariel's, so the tail has to be pulled up higher to cover it up. There wasn't enough leaway or give in the upper part of the tail, so the velcro fastener in the back didn't quite mate properly all the way. Other than that, Rapunzel looked great in Ariel's outfit, and is what I imagine a very young Daryl Hannah might have looked like as a toddler Madison in Splash. Here's a few photos of Rapunzel as a Little Mermaid:

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Front Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit In The Sea With Flounder - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow awesome photos DRJ1828!!! Love seeing Ariel in human form too.
I bought Ariel like a month or do ago and I have a little sister who I couldn't resist let play with her lol. Needless to say she is in desperate need of a hair brushing lol. So my Ariel's hair is so not as pristine as yours...but I just have a super hard time saying no to her I mean she won't even be 2 until jan.

Awww I especially like Ariel in Rapunzel's outfit.
Thanks!

Wow awesome photos DRJ1828!!! Love seeing Ariel in human form too.
I bought Ariel like a month or do ago and I have a little sister who I couldn't resist let play with her lol. Needless to say she is in desperate need of a hair brushing lol. So my Ariel's hair is so not as pristine as yours...but I just have a super hard time saying no to her I mean she won't even be 2 until jan.
Thanks a bunch! Maybe you should get another Ariel for yourself. Brushing out Ariel's hair is a big job - much more time consuming than for Rapunzel. Even though Rapunzel has longer hair, Ariel has much more hair, and it's curly. Tangle city! LOL. Ariel with tangled hair reminds me of the Feral Child in the Road Warrior or Newt in Aliens.

Okay, since Ariel borrowed Rapunzel's dress so she can pose as a human, it's only natural that Rapunzel put on Ariel's outfit so she can be a mermaid. One problem is that Rapunzel's painted on underwear is larger than Ariel's, so the tail has to be pulled up higher to cover it up. There wasn't enough leaway or give in the upper part of the tail, so the velcro fastener in the back didn't quite mate properly all the way. Other than that, Rapunzel looked great in Ariel's outfit, and is what I imagine a very young Daryl Hannah might have looked like as a toddler Madison in Splash. Here's a few photos of Rapunzel as a Little Mermaid:

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit - Front Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Animators' Rapunzel Doll In Ariel's Mermaid Suit In The Sea With Flounder - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

ariel looks a lot like rapunzel in that dress.

rapunzel as ariel looks scary with the green eyes and tail

For those in the UK I had an email from Disney stating the dolls would not be released before December but they would be updating the coming soon page with an exact date...

For those in the UK I had an email from Disney stating the dolls would not be released before December but they would be updating the coming soon page with an exact date...

ahh noo!!! :-( I really hope they are out in time for christmas!! my nieace really wants one!!

edit.... just seen this on the facebook page, hope that means they will be here for xmas!!
Great news! The Animator Dolls are now on their way to Europe so we are able to confirm that they will be available in time for Christmas. They will be online from mid-December in time for Christmas delivery and a few days after in our UK and Ireland stores. We are doing everything we can to get the full range to all of our stores but styles and stocks may vary. All 10 dolls will be available online. Have a Magical Day

Last edited:
Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll

You're welcome! And, as everyone has commented who has seen them in person, the Animators' Collection dolls are HUGE! LOL. It's actually a bit frightening to see them next to the other dolls, even the singing versions. I think it would be cool to see a 30" or 36" version of the adult Disney Princess dolls, so they would be in the same scale as the toddler dolls.
I just got a used 38'' Disney Rapunzel doll. She was released by Disney in conjunction with the release of Tangled in late 2010. She is called the Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend on the original packaging. She is also called by some resellers as the Rapunzel My Size Doll, although she is not actually in the Mattel My Size Doll series. There was actually a Mattel Rapunzel My Size Doll made in the 1990's that has a very different look than the Disney doll. She can stand on her own on a flat surface, such as on a hardwood or linoleum floor, and is very stable. Her dress is a good likeness of the one from the movie, and is very similar to the Rapunzel dress sold by Disney for small girls. Her hair is very fine and soft and straight and about 20'' long. Her hair was braided by the previous owner. She also comes with a light up plastic flower hairclip, and cloth slippers.

Here are some pictures of her free standing on a hardwood floor:

Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Fairytale Friend Rapunzel 38'' Doll - Free standing - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

UK Disney Animators' Collection Page Updated

ahh noo!!! :-( I really hope they are out in time for christmas!! my nieace really wants one!!

edit.... just seen this on the facebook page, hope that means they will be here for xmas!!

Great news! The Animator Dolls are now on their way to Europe so we are able to confirm that they will be available in time for Christmas. They will be online from mid-December in time for Christmas delivery and a few days after in our UK and Ireland stores. We are doing everything we can to get the full range to all of our stores but styles and stocks may vary. All 10 dolls will be available online. Have a Magical Day
The UK Disney Animators' Collection Page has now been updated to include the text from the announcement that tankgirl_13 found on Facebook. Here is the graphics part of the page:

animateddolls_header.jpg
animateddolls_main.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back