• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion
Thank you all. And yes, I will be doing a review of the new dolls, as soon as I fully debox them, which should be over this coming weekend.

I always love your pictures as well!!! Since long I wanted to thank you for all your reviews and pictures from every angle! Can´t wait to see more of your pictures and of course can´t wait for mine to arrive! :x:

I really hope disney continues on this way. I'm all for creative liberties, but I think the accuracy really brings the characters to life. Fingers crossed Aurora and Maleficent (if they make them) are accurate to the animated movie. Not too sure if I want a doll that looks like Angelina Jolie. No offence to her or her fans, I would just rather have Maleficent in her animated glory.

Frozen LE 17'' Dolls Deboxed - Group Photos

A couple of group photos of all four Frozen LE 17'' dolls (minus the Harrods) together with smaller versions of the dolls. All made by the Disney Store.

Coronation Anna and Elsa and Snow Anna and Elsa LE 17'' and 11.5'' Dolls

Group photo of my fully deboxed Limited Edition Frozen 17'' dolls. They are posed standing side by side, holding hands. They are supported by the included display stands. They are joined by their 11.5'' counterparts. From left to right the dolls are:

Limited Edition 17'' Dolls (Back Row)
Coronation Anna is #1202 of 2500, released in November 2013.
Coronation Elsa is #1875 of 5000, released in March 2014.
Snow Gear Anna is #3923 of 5000, released in March 2014.
Snow Queen Elsa is #102 of 2500, released in November 2013.

11.5'' Dolls (Front Row)
Coronation Anna and Elsa from the Frozen Deluxe Fashion Set, released October 2013.
Snow Gear Anna and Snow Queen Elsa from the D23 Frozen Doll Set, released August 2013.

Coronation Elsa and Anna Dolls of All Sizes - 17'' LE, 11.5'' Fashion, 5.5'' Mini, 3.5'' Figures

My Coronation Elsa and Anna Limited Edition 17'' Dolls, by the Disney Store, have been fully deboxed. They are standing side by side, supported by the included display stands, and are holding hands. Elsa is looking at Anna, but Anna is looking away. Coronation Elsa is #1875 of 5000, released in March 2014, and Coronation Anna is #1202 of 2500, released in November 2013.

They are joined by all of my other Coronation Elsa and Anna posable dolls and figures, all all sizes. All were made by the Disney Store. They are the 11.5'' dolls in the Frozen Deluxe Fashion Doll Set, the 5.5'' Mini Dolls of the Frozen Mini Doll Set, and the 3.5'' posable figures of the Frozen Castle of Arendelle Play Set. The Fashion and Mini dolls are supported by Kaiser doll stands. The Mini Figures are free standing; they are posable and have cloth skirts.

Always on the lookout on how I can improve my own dolls to my own taste, I had to do something with that unattractive braid that they gave to DFDC Snow White. Other collectors have taken her braid down and made her look stunning, but with long hair, she still really does not look like Disney's Snow White. So, I tried to take what she has and restructure her hair into more of her iconic hairdo. Note: No scissors touched her hair in this restyling project! :) Now, she looks more like herself than ever and I couldn't be happier. Like this, this is officially my favorite doll set from the 2013 DFDC. I still need to do full reviews of the DFDC dolls, which will happen eventually. I promise!

DFDC Snow White & Prince Ferdinand #1939 - 02
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White & Prince Ferdinand #1939 - 05
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White #1939 - 06
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White #1939 - 07
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Shivatopia! I love what you have done! She really does look like the original Snow White! At least as close as you can get with the designer doll!

Love what you have done with Snow! I actually like her braid as it makes her look cute and innocent, I also like her hair down in flowing waves as it's glamorous but I also love your version as it's classic Snow at her best. Either way I think Snow is beautiful and has always been my favourite from the designer couples collection!

Always on the lookout on how I can improve my own dolls to my own taste, I had to do something with that unattractive braid that they gave to DFDC Snow White. Other collectors have taken her braid down and made her look stunning, but with long hair, she still really does not look like Disney's Snow White. So, I tried to take what she has and restructure her hair into more of her iconic hairdo. Note: No scissors touched her hair in this restyling project! :) Now, she looks more like herself than ever and I couldn't be happier. Like this, this is officially my favorite doll set from the 2013 DFDC. I still need to do full reviews of the DFDC dolls, which will happen eventually. I promise!

Wow, your Snow White looks great! Is some of her hair tucked in the back of her dress or did you pin her hair under somehow? (That is, if you don't mind sharing your styling secrets. :)) She really does look movie accurate now!

Oh wow, Shiva!! That is just wonderful - probably one of the best restyling's I've seen. She just looks amazing, great job and grats on accomplishing that!

Can I also say shiva I haven't noticed your posts as much lately I miss your reviews and photos lol! Great work again on Snow White. Have you got any plans to restyle any of the other dolls?

Finally got an "Imperial Beauty Mulan" today. :)
I've been wanting that doll for quite some time, but her prices were too high in Japan and the price of shipping from the US was also too expensive (on ebay they ask around 60 USD just for shipping 0.o), but then she finally showed up on a Japanese auction for a nice price (comparing to her ebay prices ^^) yay!

Shivatopia! I love what you have done! She really does look like the original Snow White! At least as close as you can get with the designer doll!

Love what you have done with Snow! I actually like her braid as it makes her look cute and innocent, I also like her hair down in flowing waves as it's glamorous but I also love your version as it's classic Snow at her best. Either way I think Snow is beautiful and has always been my favourite from the designer couples collection!

Wow, your Snow White looks great! Is some of her hair tucked in the back of her dress or did you pin her hair under somehow? (That is, if you don't mind sharing your styling secrets. :)) She really does look movie accurate now!

Oh wow, Shiva!! That is just wonderful - probably one of the best restyling's I've seen. She just looks amazing, great job and grats on accomplishing that!

shivatopia, you made her look stunning! wow!

Thanks, All! :) The braid on DFDC Snow White throws me off every time I see it on her. For my favorite princess that was an initial disappointment until I realized that the actual DS Snow White dolls actually have longer hair than it seems, though styled in a way to create the curls that look shorter. Now, I'm not terribly great at styling hair, but I basically borrowed what I noticed in other Snow White dolls and tucked her hair inward and under toward her head to recreate her rounded curls. I suppose I could have tucked some hair in the back down into the back of the bodice of her gown, but I didn't, so her hair in the back looks a little "big." :p

As for if I will be restyling any more Disney dolls... I may, depending on if their hair is really not to my liking. I've wanted to redo Designer Cruella's hair for the longest time, for example. DFDC Cinderella may also be a likely candidate. However, after undoing and redoing the Classic Lady Tremaine's hairdo to tighten it up, some of these hairdos scare the heck out of me as I could make it a lot worse rather than better.

Thank you! :) And great idea about putting them in a Designer case! I have not deboxed any of my DFDC dolls yet, but I have deboxed all of the Designer Villains and they are all displayed out of the box, so here you go! I chose Designer Maleficent's case, because I like the green color, and none of the other DFDC dolls have a green background. It looks very woodsy, as in where Hercules and Megara first met. I need to make a label to cover up Maleficent's name, so for these pictures, I used some white fabric to look like mist or clouds. Thank you for the suggestion!

Fashion Secrets Megara & Legend of Love Hercules - DFDC style
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Fashion Secrets Megara & Legend of Love Hercules - DFDC style by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Oh, man, I would love an official DFDC set of the two of them! Meg is my absolute favorite Disney heroine and Herc comes in as number 4 on the hero rank. (Kristoff, Eugene, and Peter Pan are beating him.) Lovely pix!

My God! If they actually branched out and did the non-traditional/non-princess characters and couples...that's when I would really be in trouble and poor. ;D

A couple of group photos of all four Frozen LE 17'' dolls (minus the Harrods) together with smaller versions of the dolls. All made by the Disney Store.

Coronation Anna and Elsa and Snow Anna and Elsa LE 17'' and 11.5'' Dolls

Group photo of my fully deboxed Limited Edition Frozen 17'' dolls. They are posed standing side by side, holding hands. They are supported by the included display stands. They are joined by their 11.5'' counterparts. From left to right the dolls are:

Limited Edition 17'' Dolls (Back Row)
Coronation Anna is #1202 of 2500, released in November 2013.
Coronation Elsa is #1875 of 5000, released in March 2014.
Snow Gear Anna is #3923 of 5000, released in March 2014.
Snow Queen Elsa is #102 of 2500, released in November 2013.

11.5'' Dolls (Front Row)
Coronation Anna and Elsa from the Frozen Deluxe Fashion Set, released October 2013.
Snow Gear Anna and Snow Queen Elsa from the D23 Frozen Doll Set, released August 2013.

Coronation Elsa and Anna Dolls of All Sizes - 17'' LE, 11.5'' Fashion, 5.5'' Mini, 3.5'' Figures

My Coronation Elsa and Anna Limited Edition 17'' Dolls, by the Disney Store, have been fully deboxed. They are standing side by side, supported by the included display stands, and are holding hands. Elsa is looking at Anna, but Anna is looking away. Coronation Elsa is #1875 of 5000, released in March 2014, and Coronation Anna is #1202 of 2500, released in November 2013.

They are joined by all of my other Coronation Elsa and Anna posable dolls and figures, all all sizes. All were made by the Disney Store. They are the 11.5'' dolls in the Frozen Deluxe Fashion Doll Set, the 5.5'' Mini Dolls of the Frozen Mini Doll Set, and the 3.5'' posable figures of the Frozen Castle of Arendelle Play Set. The Fashion and Mini dolls are supported by Kaiser doll stands. The Mini Figures are free standing; they are posable and have cloth skirts.
I love seeing comparisons like this!!

Hi all! Sorry that it's been a while, but life just throws those obstacles in your way and you just have to deal with them. :| But anyway, here is one of my more recent acquisitions:

LE 18" Kristoff

The Royal Ice Master and Deliverer of Arendelle was met with a mostly lukewarm reception when the stock photos were released a few weeks ago prior to the doll release. Many were disappointed that he was in the outfit he wore from the end of the film rather than his more rustic mountain garb, while others were turned off by the way his face and hair looked. As always, the final product actually looks better than the stock photos.

Kristoff's sculpt is virtually the same as the 12" Classic doll, though in a larger size of course. They do have him glancing to the right (his left) in opposition to the Classic doll, who is looking to the left (his right). His nose, profile, eyes, freckles, and all are as they should be. His rooted hair is indeed that correct shade of "unmanly blondness," but has been described as looking hippie-like. Certainly, it can come across as a mix between Fred and Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, and due to the height of the box and the doll, his hair can also look flat on top, due to the cellophane window pressing down on his head. For my doll, I pretty much divide it into two separate sections: right and left. On the left side (his right) I tweaked my doll's hair a bit to make it look more textured than it originally came, and I think he looks great from that angle now (see below). On the right side (his left), his hair falls in a flat, diagonal, shaggy cut from his bangs all the way toward the back of his head. It is unflattering and would be hard to fix unless one were to debox and restyle his hair. Thankfully, he is glancing in that direction and his head is turned that way, so one really does not have to look at that side of his hair.

I was (and still am) happy that he was not put in his mountain outfit, as the 12" Classic doll is already a perfect rendition of that outfit from head to toe. Also, this outfit carried over into Frozen Fever, so that is a nice feature that actually ties this doll in to the this Spring 2015 doll season, whereas the Anna and Elsa dolls do not. His outfit is nice (and clean!). The vest is made of a black suede with a patterned trim with an additional thin gold inner trim. The patterned trim does not connect seamlessly at the corners of the vest, which is unfortunate. The vest does however have steel blue satin capped shoulder trim, which is an interesting detail. His shirt and pants are made of that same old tired cotton twill material that the Disney Store seems to love to use with the male dolls. The shirt is actually padded at the chest, and arms to produce a bulkier build on the doll, which shows that they do recognize that Kristoff does have a larger build than the other princesses' romantic interests such Prince Philip and Prince Eric. The illusion actually works well, though he is still not quite as stocky as Kristoff ought to be. The pants actually have pockets, as shown by the doll casually hooking his thumb into the pocket. His sash belt is intricate and very true to the film, as are his fur-lined snow boots.

For accessories, they gave him is leather drawstring sack (for Sven's carrots, no doubt), his lute, and his official medallion as the Royal Ice Master and Deliverer (which he either is borrowing from Sven or he actually got one of his own after Elsa officially presented him with the title). They are all nicely made and wonderful little bonus extras that are greatly appreciated.

Overall I am very pleased with LE Kristoff. His face is accurate, his hair is workable to be acceptable, his accessories are great, and his outfit is actually film-accurate. Perhaps the only confusing thing is the chosen background to which the doll is attached. It is a scene of a frozen Arendelle. Kristoff was not dressed in this outfit until after Elsa returned summer to the kingdom. It is only a minor detail, but one that the Disney Store product designers should have questioned during the design process.

LE Kristoff #0191 - 01
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Kristoff #0191 - 04
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Kristoff #0191 - 05
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Kristoff #0191 - 07
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Kristoff #0191 - 11
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

LE Kristoff #0191 - 13
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Hi Shivatopia, nice to hear from you and read another of your reviews :) I agree with all of it, I'm really happy they released Kristoff and how he turned out ( though I hope eventually I can also have him in his ice outfit ^^ ) I actually got rid of his chest padding, to me his chest looked bigger than his head or like it was taking away from his neck line and head size if it makes sense lol I only left some padding around his arms and also restyled his hair. So thankful to have him I actually felt asleep at the time of release and was one of those who managed to get him an hr later :). He arrived with a small dent on his box but the joy of owning him surpasses it :). His my 1st guy, I think his sooo cool! hahaha.... pics!

DSC_0784.jpg
DSC_0786.jpg

Hi Shivatopia, nice to hear from you and read another of your reviews :) I agree with all of it, I'm really happy they released Kristoff and how he turned out ( though I hope eventually I can also have him in his ice outfit ^^ ) I actually got rid of his chest padding, to me his chest looked bigger than his head or like it was taking away from his neck line and head size if it makes sense lol I only left some padding around his arms and also restyled his hair. So thankful to have him I actually felt asleep at the time of release and was one of those who managed to get him an hr later :). He arrived with a small dent on his box but the joy of owning him surpasses it :). His my 1st guy, I think his sooo cool! hahaha.... pics!

DSC_0784.jpg

Great point on the effect of the padding on the appearance of his neck. :) And fabulous job with the restyle of his hair! He looks fantastic!

DFDC Snow White & Prince Ferdinand #1939 - 02
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White & Prince Ferdinand #1939 - 05
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White #1939 - 06
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

DFDC Snow White #1939 - 07
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Wooow!! She looks sooo much better with this harido! I would pay you to do this to my doll - I LOVE it!!

I love everybodys collection! i just started my LE collection with the new 17 inches belle and gaston which is coming on september 20. Ive been a fan of barbie doll and disney since I was a girl. My favorite disney princess is ariel but I love belle, mulan and giselle as well. I was able to buy a mattel giselle 2 years ago new in box because I love her a lot when the movie came out and the doll made me remember the movie. I also have the non LE dolls of elsa, anna, kristoff and hans and I wish to have an LE of them as well. Right now, im looking forward for the new LEs coming up like the heroes vs villains and maybe the moana LE doll. I still havent receive my new dolls and yet im already thinking of what to purchase next. I see these dolls as good investment pieces as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back