• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
Ugh... well I just got back from one of my local Disney Stores and the CMs there were totally not helpful. Admittedly, they had not worked any of the Mondays prior for the doll releases, but they heard that it was a mess with plenty of people arguing about who got to the front of the store first. This store is in an indoor mall that does not open its hallways until about an hour before the stores open, so you can imagine that October 17th will be a mad rush. I don't know if I want to put myself in that position, especially since there are 8 possible entryways that cannot possibly all be unlocked simultaneously. I think that store is going to have to be crossed off my list of possibilities. The most distressing thing is that the CMs don't know anything, highlighting again the lack of efficient communication in this division of the Disney corporation. I will hive to mill over this in the next 3 weeks. Oh, and this store finally did take down their display dolls.

I am almost considering buying some of the regular play dolls and commissioning my own OOAK dolls, tweaking the Designer designs AND hairstyles to match my aesthetics. It will cost me a lot more money in the long run, but I'll be giving my money to my own artist friend and only a minimal amount to the Disney Store, plus the fabrics and accessories will be made of superior materials. My friend also knows how to root eyelashes on dolls, so I can get that too (but nix the antennae eyelashes). That is my Plan C (Plan A is getting the dolls at retail and Plan B is getting the dolls online).

Whew! Deep breath! Why is this bothering me so much? As lovely as they are, they are just dolls! :)

The heart wants what it wants. :)

Think of it this way.... each store already has these dolls. Probably in the back room waiting to be taken out on their release date. Disney is probably releasing them all on the same day to cover their butt's for that night's release since that's when everything will go up at once. In other words, barely any dolls at the stores and plenty online.

I'd put my money on that scenario.

Think of it this way.... each store already has these dolls. Probably in the back room waiting to be taken out on their release date. Disney is probably releasing them all on the same day to cover their butt's for that night's release since that's when everything will go up at once. In other words, barely any dolls at the stores and plenty online.

OMG Your DOLLMAGEDDON banner is positively EPIC! LOL!!!!!!!

That thought has crossed my mind, too. In essence, the things that have changed are: the 5 dolls will be released on the same day, there will be a limit of one of each princess per customer/order (online customers I am sure will be able to place more than one order, so long as they are separate orders, as I cannot see that Disney has the necessary programming to discriminate orders going to the same address or using the same credit card), and the online availability will happen one day after the retail release. But you are right that it is doubtful that the retail stores will suddenly get a lot more doll stock to sell. Most retail stores' stock rooms are not terribly big.

Keep it perspective, Shiva... Keep it perspective and stay positive... :)

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the base dolls for most of the Designer Collection dolls are the same dolls are the play line; a few having longer hair and all of them having rooted eyelashes and different facial paint styling to make their faces look more glam? Snow White and Tiana do have different head sculpts than the play dolls, but the other 8 look exactly like their play doll counterparts...

OH yay Rose your back and your a boy hehe nice to meet you :D

Yeah i realy want Jasmine first and tiana and Rapunzel next she has really grown on me her dress is stunning and omg that hair <3

OH yay Rose your back and your a boy hehe nice to meet you :D

Yeah i realy want Jasmine first and tiana and Rapunzel next she has really grown on me her dress is stunning and omg that hair <3

:D yes i am a boy xD ...Jasmin,Ariel, Pocahontas and Rapunzel have the best longer hair :D Jasmine and Punzel first :)
I think the best dress is Ariel one .. but the other all soo good (except Aurora and Snow White... not soo original) :)

Yeah I love Ariel she is my fav i had to pay lots for her on ebay though but i missed out and HAD to have her :)
I hope we can get the dolls our hearts desire :)

hehe yes for sure:)

Hm if someones store opens at 9am but the mall its in opens at 5am what time should they line up??

So should I even bother begging my sis to go stand outside the Disney store on that day? Omg, this is a nightmare! I just want my Doll! But you guys are right, the stores stock on dolls aren't going to be much...at least not the larger core stores.

I am seriously hoping the casual interest in the dolls will die off a bit over the next few weeks, especially as we will be closer to Christmas and the ready money required will be a huge dent to anyone, but especially a looter.

The best thing with the change is that at least we get two chances to get them. Hopefully everyone will be able to get at least a couple in store, and the rest mopped up online. In an ideal world at least!

I am seriously hoping the casual interest in the dolls will die off a bit over the next few weeks, especially as we will be closer to Christmas and the ready money required will be a huge dent to anyone, but especially a looter.

The best thing with the change is that at least we get two chances to get them. Hopefully everyone will be able to get at least a couple in store, and the rest mopped up online. In an ideal world at least!

I really hope too! Maybe after 17 October less people desire them. In this weeks maybe all calm down. Maybe. Or maybe not.
Of course they send MORE dolls in the physical stores this time (all dolls in ONE day..is a sure thing!) .. I think 30-40 dolls for 6000 and 20 for 4000 LE in the LARGER stores... in the smallest...less dolls,obviously. I really hope all calm down.

Rant!! This seems so ridiculous!! So nobody knows how many of the dolls will be at the store that they might go to. And will the store that you go to be super crowded and crazy with ppl lining up before the crack of dawn or will there be nearly noone there?? How many stores are there in the US and Canada?? I read somewhere that there are "more" than 230 Disney Stores in North America. If they hold back even half the dolls to sell on ds.com, there would be less than 20 of each of the dolls in each store??

It seems that the best way to handle this would be to have an online random selection process or lottery for the dolls. They could impose strict rules that would keep it as fair as possible, like one entry per address / household. And if you win, you would get some special code and you can purchase one of each available doll. But they should just keep this on ds.com. I can't imagine that the CMs that work at the Disney Stores in the US and Canada are too excited about this!!

I mean, what are they thinking. Of course some ppl are going to still try to get as many as they possibly can and sell them for $$$$$ as it gets closer to the holidays.. hohoho..

I dont think they will do NEVER a thing like this. Disney is CLEAR this time: They produce all 5 dolls October 17th in Physical Disney Stores...
it you can,you buy all 5 dolls (or just the dolls you want) in this case,if you can't go early in the stores..wait October 18th for Order online the doll you want. Maybe not all 5 online,but one or 2 certain. Disney says they have a storage dolls for the Online sale and storage dolls for Stores. :) Obviously who live near the stores prefer go here and take in person. Many people will stand in line that day. For now... wait ,dream and relax (if we can) :) :)

Last edited:
I have a question for all: Someone know if the dolls selled online Oct.18 online will be sold ALL in the same time or ONE in one hour ...another one in another time.. Example: Tiana appear online for 2/3 hours (00:00-2:00) and after her Pocahontas appear..and like that for all 5 dolls? :( If you know something...PM me or answer...is a important thing to know! Because i think they dont realize all 5 online at the same time .. the sites will be CRASHED. :(

I don't think they could expect people to be sat at a computer for that long all day, but it's an interesting idea. Also people wouldn't be able to combine their shipping, which makes a big difference I expect in the US.

I don't think they could expect people to be sat at a computer for that long all day, but it's an interesting idea. Also people wouldn't be able to combine their shipping, which makes a big difference I expect in the US.

Yes but thinking about it: if they put all 5 dolls at midnight (for example) ALL order 5 dolls in someway... and ALL crashed up the site again... For just Snow White the site is crashing in 30 minutes.. imagine if all 5 princesses sell in the same time :shock:

I think they will put the dolls in different times... i am curious and I NEED to know when rapunzel came out online and if she appear in UK site. :(

Stressful Thing :(

I see what you mean. In theory the snow white issue happened because naughty people managed to get more than 2 of her in their basket, that 'shouldn't' happen with the new sale as the limit is 1 this time.

I feel for the americans because the dolls were put on at a silly time, luckily that didn't happen here in the UK. Hopefully we won't be having to sit up all night this time!

Because they might put the dolls on at, for example, 9am US time, which would be between 5-7 hours later in the UK and Europe. So if they decided to put them on later than they have been, it 'could' be trickier for us (if we are at work or have other things to do than sit desperately by the computer!). So just hope they don't put them on late in the US day!

All that is if they decide to put them on the sites at the same time - we could end up getting them before the US if they decide it will be 9am for UK and 9am for US.

Because they might put the dolls on at, for example, 9am US time, which would be between 5-7 hours later in the UK and Europe. So if they decided to put them on later than they have been, it 'could' be trickier for us (if we are at work or have other things to do than sit desperately by the computer!). So just hope they don't put them on late in the US day!

All that is if they decide to put them on the sites at the same time - we could end up getting them before the US if they decide it will be 9am for UK and 9am for US.

I understand now :) Thanks!! :) Oh yes!!! Is strange and horrible if they put the dolls later on US.. :shock:
If the dolls came out when here in Europe is Night.. i will be stay up all night for her! I am ready for everything!
:salute:

If it wasn't a Tuesday I would do the same, but I need to be bright and breezy to work! Fingers crossed it is a sensible time for everyone.

If it wasn't a Tuesday I would do the same, but I need to be bright and breezy to work! Fingers crossed it is a sensible time for everyone.

Yes it will be great for all! Maybe a "early morning" time (6.00 am) or "early evening" time (19-20)... I will be stay at home if the academy starts. I dont care. Is just one day and is the day of that doll,my doll.
We are just few lucky like the US people... i feel really sorry for
Moon, Shiva and the other.. poor :( In line for hours :(

The sound of the line fills me with dread! I hated the DLRP queues so can't imagine the tension. It's a shame people have to get so naughty in the queue and try to jump it.

I wonder if the announcement has the order the dolls were intended to be released in? We knew Tiana was next and she was first in the announced list. It went Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Aurora and Pocahontas. I'd love to know if that was the plan, if only because I've displayed them in release order and want to continue that way so it doesn't mess things up!

The sound of the line fills me with dread! I hated the DLRP queues so can't imagine the tension. It's a shame people have to get so naughty in the queue and try to jump it.

I wonder if the announcement has the order the dolls were intended to be released in? We knew Tiana was next and she was first in the announced list. It went Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Aurora and Pocahontas. I'd love to know if that was the plan, if only because I've displayed them in release order and want to continue that way so it doesn't mess things up!

i dont think that. They wrote just random. Many guests on facebook says they see Jasmine dolls in the back of stores. Probably Jasmine would be the next (for tomorrow) and Rapunzel next to her. After these 2 beauty, the other 3 with less L.E. sizes.

But who cares... Now all 5 came out togheter!

i hope the dolls will available on UK store online too..like the dolls before.!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back