• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
22405553_1919611551699202_8505516658895614478_n.jpg

I feel like she may be a shelf sitter... while her show is cute I don't see a $100+ Disney junior doll selling out... I may be surprised though... I have been before. :daisy: I feel like a tangle continuation or tangled series dolls would be more appropriate but I digress.

is anyone on here excited for her?

I feel like she may be a shelf sitter... while her show is cute I don't see a $100+ Disney junior doll selling out... I may be surprised though... I have been before. :daisy: I feel like a tangle continuation or tangled series dolls would be more appropriate but I digress.

is anyone on here excited for her?

I'm not excited for her at all. I even passed on the Snow White in rags doll.

I'm not sure about the LE7000 for Frozen either.

Elena looks terrible, she'll go on sale for sure. Not even just because of how underwhelming she looks, but also because there aren't many people who are going to spend that much money on a Disney Junior character. Very confused as to why they're even making a LE doll for her.

Anyway, here are pictures of the Olaf's Frozen Adventure dolls:

41db87b050750848f071f7eca20df352.png

7620ca1358adae29cec1f66601c4c6a9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i noticed the pop ups on here too :( it's never happened before & its only this site. Hopefully it's being looked into :)

I haven't seen the show Elena of Avalor but I do think she looks very pretty & I'm happy to see the representation of a Latina princess. I think she'll do well, especially with her being in the stores I can see parents picking it up for their kids as a Christmas present. Plus with all the princesses we get, it is a nice variation for those collectors who are a fan of hers.

Anna & Elsa look amazing! I've heard they have different face moulds because I do see a difference. I was afraid how the LE dolls would turn out since I wasn't a big fan of the classic dolls faces for this short but I'm relieved that they do look good :) I think the higher edition size is because Disney knows it'll sell. Again with this being released around Christmas, there will be a lot of non doll collectors who will also get her just because they are a Frozen fan.

Well.. She is pretty but looks just like my classic doll, even the lashes don't really make a difference... I guess she was added to bring in another non-white princess. I whish they did something with the dress to make it look a biz more special... it's pretty but it I can't spot extra details compares to the classic version of this dress. Sadly I can't see her beeing very popular but we'll see.
I guess Taylena is right she'll be given to children, although it is actually for collectors.

Elena looks terrible, she'll go on sale for sure. Not even just because of how underwhelming she looks, but also because there aren't many people who are going to spend that much money on a Disney Junior character. Very confused as to why they're even making a LE doll for her.

Anyway, here are pictures of the Olaf's Frozen Adventure dolls:

41db87b050750848f071f7eca20df352.png

7620ca1358adae29cec1f66601c4c6a9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the old faces better... Anna looks crazy

Oh, I'm DEFINITELY excited for Elena. The show is actually really good, considering it's on Disney Junior. Not just for kids at all - Elena of Avalor and Lion Guard have a much more family vibe than the childish vibes of Sofia the First and other Disney Junior shows. I wouldn't have named my kitten after just anyone, after all.

The dresses for the Frozen set are gorgeous, as was predictable after seeing the commercials for the short, though I'll probably only get Elsa this time. I do like Anna, but I'll have to see her doll mold in person (since the Disney photographers aren't exactly known for spectacular displays with the LE dolls). Considering how many Frozen dolls are out there, though, plus the 7000 edition size, something tells me this new Anna won't be unaffordable on the secondary market, should I decide to go for her later.

I love the Elena doll and having watched the show it's fantastic so that's a definite buy for me. Not a fan of Frozen but Anna looks fantastic. Looks like it's going to be a busy season for collectors.

Glad to hear y'all are excited for Elena! Again I'm not a fan but definitely happy to see those who are able to get her as a doll.

i didn't want to like these frozen dolls but they are gorgeous! Elsa especially. I'd like to see the short before I purchase but it's gonna be hard to resist Elsa. I loved frozen fever... especially Anna she is one of my favorite dolls of all time. My only complaint which is more personal is that the blue winter vibes don't go with anything I have... other than that I love these.

also what is with these high edition sizes!?! 7,000 each? I know Frozen was popular in its day but it's getting harder to sell these dolls especially when they're only for 15ish minute shorts... even if it's Anna and Elsa... I mean this is their fifth or sixth set of dolls... and we're not even at Frozen 2!

Very pretty. Unfortunately, sis has so many dolls so we might pass on this one.

Unless someone local to Southern California is willing to trade? We have Summer Anna, Regal Elsa, Kristoff, Live Action Cinderella, Frozen Fever Elsa, and Frozen Fever Anna to trade! :)

It's available to order online now. But it looks like the online is a pre-order.

If you can find a store that has it in stock, you can also order that way too.

It's only a "preorder" in the sense that they can't guarantee it will ship immediately. It will ship by 11/3 at the latest, which is just next week.

To be honest, I think Saks just hasn't received full stock and/or the individual stores haven't had time to receive their allotment. They were on display in the 5th Ave NYC store yesterday, and I've heard reports that their 100-doll allotment is already sold out. (I don't KNOW that for a fact, but ....) I think the spotting of the doll at 5th Ave and the subsequent social media-induced hysteria probably tipped Saks' hand in pushing the doll online, even though not all 1,000 items are on hand to sell/ship immediately.

Poor Saks. They had no idea what they were signing up for when they made this entire Holiday partnership with Disney! They thought they were gonna host a few character breakfasts and sell some dolls. They were unprepared for the rabid nature of doll collecting. (But they're gonna be darned happy with the revenue!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back