• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Disneypirates Mystery auction: 12 MINUTES REMAINING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Disneypirates Mystery auction: 12 MINUTES REMAINING

disneypirate

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
For the past seven days I have run seven different 24hour auctions. Within each auction clues have been embedded that point to mystery pins. In the first auction (http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...clusive-DLR-Castle-pin&highlight=disneypirate ) I revealed the identity to 10potential mystery pins with the winner of that auction having the opportunityto choose which one it would be. As such, wyllieam is the only one besidesmyself that knows which of the 10 pins is the mystery pin.

The clues I provided help in either identifying the mystery pin selected bywyllieam, exclude pins from the mystery pin pool, or allude to four completelydifferent mystery pins altogether. What is the benefit of having a mystery pin auction if it really isn't a complete mystery?

Besides figuring out what the mystery pins are you willalso need to figure out the order. Themystery pin chosen is pin #2. In yourbid you will need to tell me what pin you are bidding on by its number, eitherpin, ie.. #1, #2, #3, #4, or #5. You cango the safe route and bid for pin #2 having at least a partial knowledge of whatyou will be winning, you can bid randomly, or you can bid for information sothat you can bid wisely.
Considering that many of the clues are pretty vague Ihave provided a way for you to gain more information. For the first SIX people who choose to do soa bid of one pin in exchange for an additional clue may be made. (Don’t worry, since this is a trading auctionyou will receive a pin in exchange for what you bid, but that too will be amystery.)
What you bid will determine how much help you get and is limited to one answer.
--If you bid a random pin such as a hidden mickey thenyou will get a random answer.
--If you bid a LE pin then you will get slightly morespecific information.
--If you bid a pin on my wants list I will tell you anythingyou want to know.
Please keep in mind this bid is completely separate fromyour bid on the mystery pin.
Since this auction is more complex than others I havedone it will not be a 24 hour auction, but will end at 7 pm P.S.T, 10 E.S.T,FRIDAY, AUGUST 10.
Each pin is weighted differently based uponthe approximate value, rarity and trade ratio of the pin. Each bid will receive a trade factor score inrelationship to the pin they are bidding on, and this trade factor number willbe posted next to the user ID on the leader board so you can have a better ideaof how you are doing. There will be only 1 winner in this auction.
Also…you may what to check back every so often. I may just provide random clues in myupdates.
Good Luck and Happy Bidding. Please note all other DPF auction rulesapply.
Wants:

PODM pins, including pre-trade for Steamboat Willey
Pins on my wants list
Vinylmations, especially blind boxes of Park 9
Alice, Maleficent, Thumper, Ariel, DA, DSF and WDI

Dislikes
Hidden Mickeys
Pins with higher trades than wants

Disneypirate

Last edited:
WOO HOO Im so excited...and I just cant hide it...!!!! Will bid towards end of auction :) Im gonna go with my lucky number...but wont reveal that til I bid :)

I'm a bit confused... So the mystery pin chosen is #2 which by the long STory I know what it possibly is... but the other four, are they from the same lot picked or totally random ones?

That being the case I'll kick off the bid fest by choosing #3 with this awesome PODM signed by the artist :)
attachment.php

Ok, you say we can bid a pin to get a clue, does that bid go just for a totally different pin, or whatever pin we choose?
i too am a little bit confused, which is why I'm interested, lol.
If there are 14 mystery pins, 10 have been revealed but four have not?

Last edited:
I will bid this pin for a clue, it is on your wants so I guess you will tell me everything I want to know, Pin 90960: WDW - Attraction Posters - Mickey's Philarmagic

Last edited:
Mahrii, bid accepted.

Your answer to the question to "If there are 14 mystery pins, 10 have been revealed but four have not?" will be today's bonus clue for the boards. You will get one more clue via PM for your bid.
On a sheet of paper write 1-14 in a vertical column. Then write down a single character that could possibly describe the mystery pins like this:
1. Tinkerbell
2. Tinkerbell
3. Stitch
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Haunted Mansion
6. Pirate
7. Stitch
8. Ariel
9. Jack
10. Sleeping Beauty
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?

For some strange reason, I feel obligated to ask this question ... Can you change the pin # you're bidding on after you make a declaration? If so, will there be a cutoff time prior to the ending for any switches?

HandA...good question. You may change your bid at any time and you may change the pin number you are bidding on at any time. There is no cut off time. However, please remember that you receive a rating based upon your bid in relationship to the pin you are bidding on so if you change your pin number but keep the same bid your position may change on the leaderboard.

This is the most confusing auction you've ever done! :)

I'm just gonna bid on #13 as it's my lucky number.

Starting with:
Pin 90960: WDW - Attraction Posters - Mickey's Philarmagic (Which is coming at me in the mail from Laz)

Vixy, I know. I do believe I said this one was going to be devious.

Devious1. departing from the most direct way; circuitous; indirect: a devious course.
2. without definite course; vagrant: a devious current.
3. departing from the proper or accepted way; roundabout: a devious procedure.

The problem is that everybody is so confused I'm thinking I might have be just a bit too devious.

Please note, you can't bid on pin 13. There is no pin 13. There is only 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

To make this more simple let's focus on pin #2--the revealed mystery pin. Numbers 1-10 in the vertical column represent a "revealed" mystery pin and are concentrated into one choice as choosen by wyllieam. By using the clues provided in the previous 24 hour auctions you will can narrow this list down. You can choose to place a bid strictly for pin number 2 and even if you cannot figure out what any of the others are, you will know that you will win one of those 10 pins.

I will provide more clarity on they other pins in my updates.

Disneypirate

...you actually think that made it more simple, huh? You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

So... rereading a whole lot here... one of the mystery pins is one of the 10 from the first auction, which Amy picked, right? Which for some reason is #2 rather than #1? And which has been "revealed" except not really?

Okay, sure. My bid is on #1 then.

...oh dear, I *am* an idiot. I just realized I bid a pin that was already bid for a clue. Will update my bid when I figure out whether I have anything worthwhile...

I bid an LE pin for a clue: Pin 67595: WDW - Character Coins - Mystery Pin Collection - 5 Pin Set (Buzz Lightyear Only)

...you actually think that made it more simple, huh? You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)
Looks like Vixy is still stuck in the movie quote thread as well!

Do you always begin conversations this way?

Am I allowed only one question/clue? You said you would tell us everything we wanted to know. :)
I need to have an idea of what am I allowed to ask. I think I may have it sort of figured out. hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back