• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
One thing I don't get is how people on eBay can start selling blue aurora, maleficent, and Philip already if they don't even have them. Nothing guarantees them a doll, so I see no point.

Well... I'm sure that in their description they say that if they cant obtain they'll cancel the bidding. so that's probably why.
Also, some people will most likely just buy the first listed one... Some people are ..... ehm.... people?..

I'm not fond of Phillip. But I never am with princes haha. I like his outfit a lot though just not his face and hair.

Maleficent took me a bit by surprise. But I'm getting used to her and she is my favorite villain so I just have to get her.

Really surprised about the blue Aurora. I'm a bit annoyed cause I've already ordered the pink Aurora from the US store (I live in Europe, Switzerland). I'm also planning on getting the Aurora / Philip Fairytale couple so had I known about this I might not have pre ordered the pink one. I might cancel but I'm not sure yet aaaaargh. Cause the blue one just looks fantastic, eventhough I prefer her in pink usually haha.

Does anyone know yet when they will be sold online in Europe?? Also on the 7th? Cause it will be a nightmare to get blue Aurora, Maleficent and Cinderella / Charming.

I hope they are all online at the same time cause I'm scared to order them one by one haha.

Last edited:
I'm not fond of Phillip. But I never am with princes haha. I like his outfit a lot though just not his face and hair.

Maleficent took me a bit by surprise. But I'm getting used to her and she is my favorite villain so I just have to get her.

Really surprised about the blue Aurora. I'm a bit annoyed cause I've already ordered the pink Aurora from the US store (I live in Europe, Switzerland). I'm also planning on getting the Aurora / Philip Fairytale couple so had I known about this I might not have pre ordered the pink one as the Fairytale couple is pink already. I might cancel but I'm not sure yet aaaaargh. Cause the blue one just looks fantastic, eventhough I prefer her in pink usually haha.

Does anyone know yet when they will be sold online in Europe?? Also on the 7th? Cause it will be a nightmare to get blue Aurora, Maleficent and Cinderella / Charming.

I hope they are all online at the same time cause I'm scared to order them one by one haha.

The Disney Store blog said for European buyers to check their local Disney Store Facebook pages, so other than that I don't think there is much more information.

Philip looks more like Edward from enchanted IMO. The generic head sculpt does nothing for me.

How does buying in store work? Should I show up at the mall right when it (and the DS) open? Like would I literally be waiting for the employees to show up and unlock the door to the store? lol

I must admit when I saw these I was disappointed in Maleficent and she is my most anticipated doll! And favourite character! She is growing on me and I will try for her but I wish her neck wasn't showing and their is too much purple! I actually do like phillip he's a lot better than Eric!
As far as Aurora goes I prefer the pink the blue is gaudy! I want to see Maleficent pictures in the box as they usually look better in box.

What's happening with the UK? Do we get them on the 7! I would love to know how the website is not going to crash when it crashes when theirs one doll!

Will it be as successful ordering it from a mobile device, like a tablet? I've realised I'm not near a computer on the 7th. :(

Disappointed that Maleficent is basically an embellished version of her 12" doll and also she looks really out of proportion in terms of body/head. Also agreed Phillip's face is off - shame as both are some of my favourite characters.

More photoshop galore!

Maleficent_1.jpg

This looks so much better and more like the real Maleficent. You can really see what a difference this would have made. I don't know what the doll designers were thinking with that exposed neck. Ugh!

I am going to put a scarf around her neck! LOL

Last edited:
I never thought I'd prefer Phillip to Maleficent! But I love his doll and the pink Aurora! I'm trying for three dolls but can't decide out of the 5! 2 auroras, phillip, Maleficent, briar Rose and phillip designer. My favourite of them is pink Aurora and Phillip and Maleficent but then I already have a designer pink Aurora so maybe I should get the blue Aurora. Will we get in box pictures before the 17th? I want to see the backgrounds they each have.

Ok here's what I wish!!! I WISH they would have done a DELUXE Sleeping Beauty perhaps in pink - that came with a blue dress in the same box!!!! Then I wish the surprise one was Aurora in the woods outfit - where she first meets Phillip. This was my dream!!!!

Also, I'm starting to worry - I get so frustrated at the Disney site. It's so upsetting that when things are suppose to be up on the site, they aren't there - the only way I've been able to get some (like Eric and Ursula) was because people here posted a link. It causes so much anxiety!! LOL ok done venting hahah

This would be my first time trying to get an LE Doll (Blue Aurora). When/Where are the links usually posted. Thanks so much!!!! :)

How does buying in store work? Should I show up at the mall right when it (and the DS) open? Like would I literally be waiting for the employees to show up and unlock the door to the store? lol

Yes I would be there before the store opens. Usually there is a line for these types of things, especially if its a really popular character. Plus you have Phillip, blue dress Aurora, Maleficent, and the Cinderella/Charming designer couple releasing all at the same time AND people will be picking up their pink dress Auroras. So I would try to be there very early so your chances of getting what you want are higher as I am sure some places are going to be insane.

Will it be as successful ordering it from a mobile device, like a tablet? I've realised I'm not near a computer on the 7th. :(

Disappointed that Maleficent is basically an embellished version of her 12" doll and also she looks really out of proportion in terms of body/head. Also agreed Phillip's face is off - shame as both are some of my favourite characters.

Yes ordering from a tablet should be fine I think. You can use the desktop version of the website on mobile devices if that helps.

This would be my first time trying to get an LE Doll (Blue Aurora). When/Where are the links usually posted. Thanks so much!!!! :)

Links to the dolls are usually posted here on the forums on threads like this one as well as Disney doll pages on Facebook.

My Pre-Order Pink Aurora transaction is pending on my cc. Hope that means she will be shipping out soon. Yay!!!:hsd: Can not wait to have her!!! Have a great day all!! ~Aloha :stitch:

I'm really surprised people aren't drooling over Maleficent. I think she looks so amazing. I'll admit, though, that the photoshopped pics with her neck covered are growing on me, and I might throw some fabric in there.

To whoever said she looks like a drag queen a few pages back, I can't think of a single female Disney villain who doesn't. MAYBE Mother Gothel, but not even. They're all so grand / larger than life. Which is why we love them :)

More photoshop galore!

I love the black covering of her neck! I may try to do this to the actual doll lol.

I will aim to get Maleficent and Blue Aurora, Phillip I think I will wait until eBay sometime next year. Four dolls just exceeds my budget too much.

Why did Disney have to switch to one per guest?? This is making it so hard on me!
I'm in charge of buying:
2 Blue Auroras
3 Maleficents
1 Cinderella set

None of the international credit cards are working.
And I don't have 3 addresses!!
This is what happens when you offer to buy people stuff. lol

Might have to try my luck at a store here to get some of these...

I love how maleficent looks with her neck covered! I may have to find some way to so that! and did anyone else notice they recycled her staff from the designer maleficent? Still pretty but I wanted it to be black.

I'm really surprised people aren't drooling over Maleficent. I think she looks so amazing. I'll admit, though, that the photoshopped pics with her neck covered are growing on me, and I might throw some fabric in there.

To whoever said she looks like a drag queen a few pages back, I can't think of a single female Disney villain who doesn't. MAYBE Mother Gothel, but not even. They're all so grand / larger than life. Which is why we love them :)

I must admit at first I was disappointed in Maleficent wereas I was in love with Aurora and Phillip straight away. But having calmed down and looked more I actually love Maleficent. I don't like that they recycled the staff and their is too much purple. Also why is having her neck uncovered looking odd but yet on my desigmer Maleficent I don't even notice that lol. Either way they have done a good job on all 3 as a set I think they are a big improvement over Ariel, Eric and Ursula!

Im super freaking out that the site is gunna crash, and I have been looking forward to these all year as its my favourite film! Just want it to be over and have them lol

Well... I'm sure that in their description they say that if they cant obtain they'll cancel the bidding. so that's probably why.
Also, some people will most likely just buy the first listed one... Some people are ..... ehm.... people?..

eBay has no rules against listing preorders, as long as the seller states that it is a preorder in the listing. I've actually reported people for failure to do so.

There's a 1,000 each of blue Aurora, Phillip and Maleficent for Europe. :)

Wait, what??? That means that, for the US, there will be 3000 blue Aurora, 3000 Maleficent, and 2500 Phillip!

How does this work lol? 5000 world wide pink Auroras- Europe get 500. 4000 blue Auroras and Europe gets a 1000 lol.
Really can't decide if to try for pink or blue! On the pictures we have I prefer the pink I think, but then I have a designer Aurora in pink so maybe I should get blue?

As long as the site doesn't crash and I manage to get a Aurora I will be happy but I hopefully want to get Phillip and Maleficent too.
Really want to see the inbox photos! What background do you think Phillip will get? I'm thinking the castle interior and Maleficent could have her castle throne room? I hope blue Aurora gets the glowing spinning wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back