• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say. Historically, LE's are high right after release, but normally go down a bit as scalpers looking for a quick buck become anxious to sell, so I think they may decrease slightly. The thing is, Frozen doesn't necessarily follow the rules and this Elsa doll is extremely popular. You also have Christmas right around the corner. That will keep prices up a bit. I recommend doing an advanced search to see the completed listings and keep an eye on the trend. Then use your best judgement if a good buy it now comes up, or there's a listing with late night/early morning end time. I imagine there will be a few good deals out there, but you'll have to be vigilant. Also, keep an eye on your local newspaper ads. Sometimes they'll pop up there and you can try to negotiate a lower price factoring Ebay fees and going rates. Again, use your best judgement if you go that route and be safe.

Personally, if I was looking to buy the doll for myself, I'd wait it out if I couldn't find a good deal. It might not happen until January, but it would depend on what trends I was seeing. If inventory started decreasing I might be likely to pay more. I'd also expect to pay a good bit more than retail for this doll. Some of the recent releases you can get pretty close to retail, but it's hard to think that will happen with this Elsa doll.

It is hard to imagine getting close to retail for this Elsa, she's beautiful. It looks like she's going for around $280 shipped. I'm thinking if i can only anticipate her going down Slighty, if at all, I might just pull the trigger now... Since it IS Elsa.

It is hard to imagine getting close to retail for this Elsa, she's beautiful. It looks like she's going for around $280 shipped. I'm thinking if i can only anticipate her going down Slighty, if at all, I might just pull the trigger now... Since it IS Elsa.

I would think you could do a good deal better than $280 if you wait a bit, but there are no guarantees. :( I'd personally wait it out at least another week. I haven't been tracking the trend as I was able to get mine (last one in line to get her), but that doesn't seem like a sustainable price for the near future. There are too many available. Of course, factor in if having it right now is worth that much more to you. Again, good luck...

EDIT: I just did a search... there really aren't as many out there as I thought there would be. It looks some were going a bit lower. If you see a "best offer" I'd recommend seeing if they'd do a little better than $280 as there were some going closer to $250. Worst case, they say no. No harm asking.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got them! All these pictures of Anna are just so gorgeous I'm starting to regret passing on her buuuut I can't justify it since I didn't really like FF. Still, I think these dolls are certainly a good sign that doll quality is going back up!

Well My order for Elsa is closed and she has a tracking number now I just have to wait for the site to update her info with an estimated delivery date! In hope all goes well and she gets here safely with out any issues. I am so happy i got her!!! Elsa is one of favorite new Disney Characters

So glad all this is over. Was fun. Even more now looking at all of them. Can't wait for next year Mal and Aurora and possibly Jafar and Jasmine.

Ok just curious for those of you who ordered FF dolls on the US site and got blast off email... what time does your order show as on the site and which dolls did you order? Also where (roughly) are you shipping to?

Mine went through at 12:02 but people after me are getting shipping emails... sending mine to NY

A dream for me, who is a big Disney fan and also a KH fan, since my childhood and teenage.
Is that they would make the three heroes Sora, Kairi and Riku from Kingdom Hearts to the Le line of dolls. I would no doubt buy them all and live happy ever after. lol

OMG, don't give them any ideas, lol. Seriously, I would die if they did a KH line... as would my budget!

I hope they will take a break from all Frozen stuff for now, and focus on new characters and the ones that already exist and bring them to the Limited edition dolls line.

What i myself wanna see is something new, like Moana.

A dream for me, who is a big Disney fan and also a KH fan, since my childhood and teenage.
Is that they would make the three heroes Sora, Kairi and Riku from Kingdom Hearts to the Le line of dolls. I would no doubt buy them all and live happy ever after. lol

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I WANT KINGDOM HEARTS LE DOLLS OMG!!! Sora, Riku, and Kairi in their KH2 outfits would be amazing! It will never happen, but that would be my one wish if Disney ever was to ask me what LE dolls they should make.

But yeah I completely agree with everything you said. I really hope 2016 is the year Pocahontas and Mulan get their dolls. They are long overdue for the 17" doll treatment. I can't wait to see what Moana's doll looks like!

Ok just curious for those of you who ordered FF dolls on the US site and got blast off email... what time does your order show as on the site and which dolls did you order? Also where (roughly) are you shipping to?

Mine went through at 12:02 but people after me are getting shipping emails... sending mine to NY

Order #1: 12:00:36 am PST, shipping to California: No tracking number or blast-off yet.

Order #2: 12:01:57 am PST, shipping to California: Tracking number has been in UPS's system since yesterday apparently and has shipped out, email arrived.

It doesn't seem to be consistent even within the same people, never mind time lol.

It has me freaked because in March I had two orders and they came together and I got their tracking at the same time. :<

Maybe they're doing the same thing and the warehouse just didn't scan things right. But the tracking doesn't indicate more than one box and there's nothing linked.

If they do Pocahontas and Mulan, I bet there's going to be a lot of variants. For example, they will make Mulan in her pink dress which is the more general le edition. Then I bet they will do some kind of exclusive with her in her army outfit, which I'm betting wil be a d23 exclusive. Then of course they will make Shang in a general le edition. And lastly, I'm guessing a platinum edition of Mulan and Shang in either wedding clothes or something. That's just my guess, but with the way Disney is making these dolls I wouldn't doubt it. With Pocahontas, I'm guessing she's not going to be very stunning costume wise; I can imagine Disney giving her a lackluster outfit that we all had high hopes for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what they'd even be able to do with Pocahontas. Her outfit just isn't that exciting to begin with and sticking rhinestones on it isn't going to help.

I would think you could do a good deal better than $280 if you wait a bit, but there are no guarantees. :( I'd personally wait it out at least another week. I haven't been tracking the trend as I was able to get mine (last one in line to get her), but that doesn't seem like a sustainable price for the near future. There are too many available. Of course, factor in if having it right now is worth that much more to you. Again, good luck...

EDIT: I just did a search... there really aren't as many out there as I thought there would be. It looks some were going a bit lower. If you see a "best offer" I'd recommend seeing if they'd do a little better than $280 as there were some going closer to $250. Worst case, they say no. No harm asking.

That is true, I did see the best offer ones, I should have at least tried but I guess I've gotten jaded with that option lately, constantly denied. I went for it and got one for $280 shipped. Congratulations on getting one! I should have at least tried for online, but I was being stubborn, then saw non-promo pictures from people that got her and realized the mistake I made. I have to say I feel relief that I have one with my name on it. I will keep watching the price trends just to see if I was right to do so. I'm masochistic like that ;)

I actually think if you can get FF Elsa for under $280 (that includes shipping) you have done well. I don't see her staying around the $200 range for long.

I got her for $280 shipped. I hope you are right! Next time I will not be so stubborn about trying to get one of these online the night of!

I remembered that someone said the DS distribution center ships the dolls based on your location of region but not order time.

Last edited:
I just got my Blast Off for Elsa! Yaaay!!! And now just waiting for Anna...

For those interested, I checked out at 12:01:02 and I live 2hrs north of Dallas

I'm having the same problem where I got a blast off email for my elsabut not my Anna. Its still active so I hope it's just late cause I bought her 2nd

For Poca maybe they could put some feathers, real embroidered/beaded headband, fabric boots or something and real accessories instead of plastic? Like woven bracelets or something?Put her with Meeko/Flit perhaps?

I ordered all three dolls that were released, but I ordered them one at a time in this order: Anna/Kristoff....Anna....then Elsa. I've only gotten the Elsa blastoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back