• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP edition numbers?

DLP edition numbers?
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I figured this was a good as place as any to ask, so here goes!

I was at a pin event on Saturday, and as always, was drawn to a DLP limited edition pin. I flipped it over to take a better look at it so I could get an idea of fair value, and while it was an LE 400 pin, it was marked as 432/400. I put it back because I was caught off guard and didn't know enough to ask about a trade.

For those familiar with DLP pins and their edition sizes, is this normal? Do they consider their APs/PPs part of the edition size to cause an "overproduction" like this or is a clear cut case of a fake pin where they didn't bother to be careful?

I'm no expert but, have been exposed to many LE Paris pins over the past 20+ years. I've NEVER seen nor heard of a pin marked with a higher # than the edition size. The AP /PP pins of numbered LE pins usually don't have a number just ___/400 or XX/400.

Thanks y'all, that's what I thought! I wanted to give the person the benefit of the doubt but it felt off. I wondered why even put something like that in the trade book, because if it was a mistake it seems like an easy catch. If it wasn't a mistake, you're just tipping people off at that point. If I see someone with a lot of similar pins I'll trust my gut. I at the very least didn't trade for that pin.

I haven't ever seen a number like you mentioned from DLP, either. I am going to make some inquires. Thank you for sharing this!..

P.S. I just msg'ed a friend in France, who is very familiar with the LE pins. He said, he has never, ever seen what you described above. So most likely a fake.

Last edited:
I haven't ever seen a number like you mentioned from DLP, either. I am going to make some inquires. Thank you for sharing this!..

P.S. I just msg'ed a friend in France, who is very familiar with the LE pins. He said, he has never, ever seen what you described above. So most likely a fake.
Thank you for the confirmation! Fakers are getting very sloppy then, it seems.

I'm no expert but, have been exposed to many LE Paris pins over the past 20+ years. I've NEVER seen nor heard of a pin marked with a higher # than the edition size. The AP /PP pins of numbered LE pins usually don't have a number just ___/400 or XX/400.
I think I actually have one or two (very old) LE Paris AP/PP pins and I can confirm the numbering on the pin. For one of them, if memory serves, the back reads _____/1200 (I told you the pin was old lol), except there's a gold bar instead of a blank for the individual number.

I have NEVER seen an LE Paris pin where the individual number is HIGHER than the total edition size. I think not only is your pin in question dodgy, but very sloppily done. Thanks for the warning that, when trading Paris LE pins, we really need to check the LE number to make sure they make sense.

Bit late to the thread but I've spoken to a few friends who do regular pickups , the number should be below the edition size at all times . Occasionally their method of printing the numbers isn't particularly clear but starting with a 4 (which is harder to mistake) is not a good sign

Back