• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #4

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
7df7856a0fa31cd7359b095914e3991a.jpg

I can’t believe 10 years passed by so quickly! This forum has been a special place to be apart of. While I was more active for the first several years, I always find my way back to DPF and the amazing people here... it feels like home. Thank you to all of our dedicated staff who keep it up and running, and to all of the members who give back to our little community. It’s still such a fun place to be and I hope we keep it that way for the next 10 days and beyond.

I’ve been eagerly awaiting my turn to host my game. Shout out to Li for making this event come to fruition, it is much needed during these rough times. So as someone who never wins random draws or luck-based games, I wanted to change it up a bit. I wanted each player to have some stake in their fate. There is only ONE grand prize filled with lots of goodies.

ce55bac0c17ed17547a557e97291c6d3.jpg

The rules are simple:

1. You must be a member of DPF.

2. Winner must be willing to send me your address so that I can ship you the prize (free shipping in the US, at cost minus what I would have spent on US shipping for our international members).

3. The prize is a Disney Mystery Box that I put together. The box is themed after a Disney/Pixar movie. Your task is to guess which Disney/Pixar movie the box is themed after.

4. You may guess the same theme as another poster. However, you may only submit one guess, and you are not allowed to edit your guess. You will have until 8pm PST/11pm EST on Friday, July 17th to post your guess to this thread.

5. So that we can have something fun to read while we wait.... each guess MUST BE accompanied by your favorite ride at Disney Parks. You can be as detailed as you want, but give us some background on why it is your favorite ride please :)

6. The contents of the Mystery Box will not be revealed until Friday, July 17th at 8:15 PST/11:15 EST.

7. If only one member guesses the correct theme, that person automatically wins the mystery box. If we have multiple members guess the correct theme, it will come down to a Disney Mystery Quiz to determine the winner. This will be hosted on Saturday, July 18th at 6 PST/11:15 EST.

8. Please format your post as follows:

My Guess: Your Disney/Pixar movie guess here
My Favorite Ride: Story about your favorite Disney Park ride (no length requirement... if you mess this one up, it will not disqualify you... haha I’ve just thoroughly enjoyed reading through the past Giveaway Threads and learning more about our members)

If you have any questions, please let me know!

*Important: the winner is not required to accept the prize. If it is not a “theme” you collect or if you’d like to save your winning opportunity for a different game, this prize can go to the second place member in the Disney Mystery Quiz, or a random draw if there was only one correct guess. I promise there will be no hurt feelings :)

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Li said official game start times are on Monday, so please hold off on any official guesses until Monday...was eager to get this up and I didn’t want to get too busy with work to do it!

NOTICE: I will not be telling anyone, including staff, the theme of the box. Usually I would send this info to Li to ensure fairness, but since this is a giveaway and I am a pretty trustworthy guy, I want to be sure even our staff can participate and join in the fun!

Last edited:
Well, I think I'll start off this morning with a guess . . . and it might as well be my favorite Disney film:
Beauty and the Beast

Now, for the favorite ride --- It's a Small World
This is definitely at the top of the list. In fact, I can't think of anything that is a con (in my mind) about this ride. I love the song, the look of the dolls, the costumes, the backgrounds, gentleness of the ride and the changes of scene. Even the Goodbye signs are adorable! The Hula Girls are my very favorite part, but I really like it all.
My sister and I actually watch the YouTube videos for all the Disney versions of this ride (WDW, Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris) and they are all fun! I have a soft spot for the WDW version, since that's the one we've actually been on -- but I do like how Paris and Tokyo have some of the Disney characters incorporated into the scenes!
It's also one of my favorite themes of pins to collect . . . though I haven't gotten too many of them yet. The colors and illustrations make great pins!

If it's a Disney/Pixar movie, my guess has to be for Inside Out! :D

My favorite attraction is Space Mountain, specifically the one at Disneyland. (Incidentally it's one of my LEAST favorite rides at WDW - the standard roller coaster motion in the pitch black does not agree with my insides.) I LOVE the feeling of riding quickly in a circular motion within the ride. I also remember going to the park with my siblings YEARS ago, before they started changing it with all the different themes, when they had asteroids flying by along with the stars. There was one asteroid that looked exactly like a chocolate chip cookie, and we dubbed it the Space Cookie. We made it into a game of how many times you could spot the Space Cookie during the ride. The first ride after the asteroids were removed was a very sad ride.

One of my Disneyland Bucket List items is to be on Space Mountain when it breaks down so I can see the inner workings lit up in person!

My Guess: Star Wars
My Favorite Ride: I'm going to list four favourite rides, one for each park - because how can I choose just ONE favourite ride?
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Flight of Passage
  • Living with the Land
  • Tower of Terror
Story - Once, when I was young, maybe about 12 years old, I was on Haunted Mansion alone (yes, that could be done back in the day) the ride got stuck and I was sitting facing the 'endless hallway' (where the candelabra is floating - as if a ghost is carrying it toward you), and though I was old enough to know better - I started getting scared! LOL - with the door knockers ominously clacking and the spooky music - my imagination began to kick in, and I was beginning to wonder if it really was a ghost! Just as I was getting concerned and freaked out, the ride started up again! The ballroom scene is my favourite part of the ride, followed closely by the attic and then graveyard. The hologram technology blew me away back in the late 70's/early 80's, I love the music/narration and the dark coolness of the interior. It also feels like a longer ride than some of the others. It is very imaginative, right from the Madame Leota blinking gravestone, the Dorian Grey type portrait of Gracey, the stretching room to all of the interior! I love props and fine details, and that is another of the reasons it appeals to me so much!
1b654fc1f1c8ae235e796adce9925916.gif

tenor.gif

My Guess: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

My favorite ride: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

giphy.gif

Mr. Toad is my favorite all-time character and the ride is so much fun. I love fighting with my daughter to determine who "drives". She lets me most of the time...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was one of my favorite rides the only time I went to WDW as a kid, which was about a year before it closed permanently. Also, Wind in the Willows was one of my favorite books in elementary school and I'm about to start reading it with my daughter who is entering 2nd Grade in the Fall.

I can keep going but for our purposes, I think I'll conclude here.

tumblr_mtgh6agdGa1siwa2ro5_250.gifv

My Guess: Finding Nemo. One of my favorite movies growing up and I don't have many pins in this collection and think it would be great to add more on.
My Favorite Ride: Wow, I have so many favorite rides from Peter Pan's Flight to Soarin' to Haunted Mansion to Pirates of the Caribbean to Expedition Everest to Tower of Terror to Splash and Space Mountain. If I had to choose one per park it would probably be a tie between Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean, Soarin', Expedition Everest, and Tower of Terror. Splash is just a classic and I always enjoyed going on it enjoying the AAs the music and the track layout. Pirates is even more of a classic and all of the details mentioned for Splash but even more detailed. Soarin' is great (I think I prefer the Cali version more though), Expedition Everest is fantastic (I always enjoy going up the lift and seeing a bird's eye view of the entire DAK park and see across the World to MGM and Epcot)!! And Tower of Terror is a recent favorite but the theming and music and ride and storyline. I love going on these rides wow.

Oooh, so fun!
tenor.gif

I'll guess The Little Mermaid as the Mystery Box Movie

My favorite ride is Space Mountain. That being said, I also really enjoy the Fantasyland rides...Peter Pan, Dumbo Flying Elephants, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. And then, of course, Haunted Mansion...just too many to choose!

My Guess: The Lion King (don't know why...I just feel it in my bones)

My Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion Holiday. I have a whole blurb on my traumatizing experience as a kid with the Haunted Mansion on the "Unpopular Opinions" Thread, but I had been waiting years and years to see the Holiday version with my own eyes. The Nightmare Before Christmas, ultimate collectors DVD had me so excited with the narrated ride POV and the behind the scenes video. Being from the east coast, and knowing it is a long way for us to get to California, I thought I would have to wait forever to experience it. My mother and I took a quick trip to Vegas in early October of 2018, and she told me that she couldn't take me all that way without a stop is DLR to finally experience it. The themeing is so fantastic, and it combines my favourite attraction with one of my favourite movies. Though we only stayed one day, it was by far the highlight of the whole trip, and I can't wait to get back to California to see it again!

My guess for the mystery box is Lilo & Stitch.

My favorite ride: I've already written about the fact it's The Haunted Mansion so for this challenge, I'll offer a variation on it, Mystic Manor. Due to differences in Chinese culture, this is Hong Kong Disneyland's version of Haunted Mansion and contains thematic elements from HM and other rides that are in the US parks but not HKDL. The ride is so full of whimsy from the mischievous monkey Albert, to visual puns, to the score by Danny Elfman. And being a trackless ride, each time you go one it, you get a different experience. I've been lucky enough to go to HKDL twice and this one if a multiple ride per day.

My favorite attraction is Space Mountain, specifically the one at Disneyland. (Incidentally it's one of my LEAST favorite rides at WDW - the standard roller coaster motion in the pitch black does not agree with my insides.) I LOVE the feeling of riding quickly in a circular motion within the ride. I also remember going to the park with my siblings YEARS ago, before they started changing it with all the different themes, when they had asteroids flying by along with the stars. There was one asteroid that looked exactly like a chocolate chip cookie, and we dubbed it the Space Cookie. We made it into a game of how many times you could spot the Space Cookie during the ride. The first ride after the asteroids were removed was a very sad ride.

One of my Disneyland Bucket List items is to be on Space Mountain when it breaks down so I can see the inner workings lit up in person!

Haha too funny about the cookie! I don’t recall the asteroids but I wish I did. I was on Space Mountain once when it broke down, was quite the magical experience!

My guess for the theme of the prize is Monster's Inc.

My favorite ride is Star Tours. I was 11 years old when I saw Star Wars, and no movie before, or since made such an impression on me, and it remains my favorite movie ever. To be able to ride a ride like Star Tours that immerses you in to that world to such an extent is just a fantastic experience for this Star Wars fanatic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Guess: Frozen/Frozen II (They are rather inseparable!)

Favorite ride . . . well, I don't really remember the parks like that too well, but growing up, I always had a soft spot for Peter Pan's Flight. When we went the last time in 2000, I really loved the Hydroponic ride in EPCOT. Don't remember what it was called, but I LOVED it! Now, if you are going to count World Showcase as a "ride", that would win. However, I'd say now that "Small World" would win. Sis and I LOVE it and spend time watching videos of the Small World rides from all the parks! I know I would also love the ride the Millennium Falcon ride, if we ever get to go to Star Wars land!

We have broken down twice on Space Mountain, both times right outside the little door. So sad, because I also want to break down inside
of Space Mtn.

I didn't read the rules correctly, and chose a ride, and not a movie. Can Splash Mountain count as Song of the South, lol?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

haha no worries. You can either change your guess completely, or change it to Song of the South, whichever you prefer! Please make a new post to submit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back