• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF Secret Santa 2013 ideas...

DPF Secret Santa 2013 ideas...
Perhaps to take some load off of the mods a group of members can help organize it? It seems as though a lot of mods are very busy with life and/or out of the country, and perhaps more should be added to the ranks, even. I continually see people asking for a mod's help and talking about long waits for responses, so I think enlisting a couple active members to help moderate the boards would be extremely helpful.
This would definitely be a huge help! Perhaps in June-July we can call for volunteers to assist in the SS duties.

wow this sounds like a great idea. I have done it via facebook on a cake page...it was really successful. I am fairly new to this forum (i never knew it existed until a friend told me about a month ago) and it seems like a really lovely community. I can't wait to get more involved (at the moment im studying for my final degree exams then I move to WDW to work there for a few months) I would love to join in with SS though!

I'm so glad to see so many people giving great feedback on last year's Secret Santa.

I personally had a lot of fun putting together my gift and sending it, to se the receipiant loved was even better :)
In return I received nothing, I'm not sure of the reason, I'm sure the Mods took appropriate action.
A kind-hearted DPFer stepped in and became my new SS :D

I believe that a minimum post count should be a requirement. Perhaps alongside you needing to be a member for at least a month when you sign up? Feedback.... I'd like to say that having some feedback should be a requirement. Then we all can see that you ship when you're meant to and send what you promised etc. However I can understand how that may exclude some very willing people.
The questionnaire is essential for sure. We can't shop for someone thoughtfully if we don't know their like and dislikes! Starry Solo's was very good in the last exchange, as an example of good questions.
I also think the majority has spoken re signing up non-members. However I don't know how people feel about 2 sign ups per account? ie when a couple share a DPF account?
Yes, the gift should certainly be at least a pin or pin based - we after all a community based around pins :) Yes, the minimum value guidline is also very helpful. However, I do not feel it would be a good idea to seperate people based on value. Kind of takes the fun out of it, I think.
Perhaps though if somebody has signed up in the past and failed to deliver with a legitimate reason, they shouldn't be allowed to take part again (as well as the ban)?

Most of all, please can we have sign ups and pairings early? As many others have said; we enjoy shopping, we may want to pick up items from the Park, allow time for shipping if we're purchasing pins etc etc and of course we want to post in good time, especially internationally :D

Lastly, if any help is needed, I'd love to help out with any organising, if it is needed.

:bigthumb: 94 days til Christmas :bigthumb:

The team's been discussing this and we hope to launch signups soon, to give everyone enough time to shop and send their SS gifts before or around the holidays! :) keep the suggestions coming!

On talks of budget, I don't think there should be a lot of different exchanges for how much you can or are willing to spend but maybe just 2 categories would be fair?? Say those who are looking to put $30 or less into gifts and then $31+ into gifts? I just know there were a lot of upset people this go round with seeing the extravagant gifts, sending nice ones themselves then barely getting $10 in stuff from their person. I have had a few people tell me how disappointed they were and I think that is sad to have others upset over the exchange.

The only way to do an exchange is to set either price limits or price ranges so no one feels obligated to spend more then they can, or feel like they didn't get a fair gift in return.

I would love to do an exchange like this (I have so much fun making gift baskets for my friends) but we should have a clear set of expectations laid out so no one feels bad!

Back