• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement DPF "State of The Forum" - April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement DPF "State of The Forum" - April 2021
@Cicada - You are the best!!!! Thank you so much for everything.

I’m especially relieved we have our feedback restored. Whenever I make a trade with someone - even off the forum - I direct them to my DPF profile so they can tell I’m trustworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Cicada - You are the best!!!! Thank you so much for everything.

I’m especially relieved we have our feedback restored. Whenever I make a trade with someone - even off the forum - I direct them to my DPF profile so they can tell I’m trustworthy.

Well, if at least the forum can still be used as a place of reference for traders, and a little discussion here and there, that's awesome enough :D

Thank God you're back. I wish I could find a 2021 pin release forum, which perhaps was never started. Can't find the old release forums either.
I think it is now called 2021 Pin Discussion.

@Cicada, first of all THANK YOU for getting our beloved DPF website up and running again. It looks very NICE.

I have a question, I was trying to post in FOR SALE, and it says I have "insufficient privileges?"

What am I missing?

Thank you.
Connies_Hobby
Wow...feeling extremely overwhelmed with the changes. And, I believe my question above doesn't belong here?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The biggest change I’m working on right now is how the marketplace works — they’re currently “closed” for new threads because the “DPF Marketplace” tab at the top will be the new place to look for listings — when an item is listed in the “new” marketplace, a thread will automatically be created in the old marketplace forums for discussion.

The new marketplace should be easier and more visually appealing when browsing for trades/items. If anyone is so inclined, try making a test listing or two in the new marketplace — please add “TEST” to the item so that I can go through and delete the items and listings after we’ve worked out all the kinks.

appreciate everyone’s patience and support through this! we’ve already received some very generous donations from James and Nancy (I’m not familiar with their screen names here) and these will go toward hosting fees and any forum add-ons/modifications that require payment.

Thank you again! ♥️

@Connies_Hobby, This is what Cicada posted about the Marketplace on the 9th. It doesn't seem like anyone can POST new for trade/sale under the old "Home" threads, you have to click on the "DPF Marketplace" tab at the top of your screen (you are still seeing new posts under the old thread because any new post made in the new marketplace is automatically copied to the old thread). But it looks like you can COMMENT under the old threads.

I still cannot view any of the new posts under the new marketplace system, I get a "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource" error message; it looks like a lot of other people are as well. So it looks like the bugs are still being worked out. But if you create a new thread through the new marketplace, it looks like you can then go to the old marketplace and add pictures and other content so they can be seen by everyone.

I hope that made sense!

@Connies_Hobby, This is what Cicada posted about the Marketplace on the 9th. It doesn't seem like anyone can POST new for trade/sale under the old "Home" threads, you have to click on the "DPF Marketplace" tab at the top of your screen (you are still seeing new posts under the old thread because any new post made in the new marketplace is automatically copied to the old thread). But it looks like you can COMMENT under the old threads.

I still cannot view any of the new posts under the new marketplace system, I get a "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource" error message; it looks like a lot of other people are as well. So it looks like the bugs are still being worked out. But if you create a new thread through the new marketplace, it looks like you can then go to the old marketplace and add pictures and other content so they can be seen by everyone.

I hope that made sense!
And some of us don't even have this Marketplace tab!

I hope that made sense![/QUOTE

@sockgnome Tysvm.

Ah... yeah, that's a lot to take in. Will have to reread a few times.

I'm at DTD right now if anyone wants something.

I hope that made sense!
Thank you. That first reply got discomboborated. Lol.

Looking into the marketplace issues this week -- since it seems like it'll take getting used to, I may remove/disable the current marketplace and restore it to a simple forum, as that seems like it works better for everybody. In hindsight, coming back with a completely new marketplace and no transition period probably wasn't the best thing....

if anyone has a screenshot of the error you see when you "cannot access resource..." -- i can look into it.

I have been hoping someone would do a tutorial on the new marketplace.
I'd prefer the new marketplace because of all of the additional features it affords, and the cleaner/visual layout when browsing

if tutorials/videos will help, and we can keep the "new" marketplace, I can work on some of those once all of the bugs are worked out.

Looking into the marketplace issues this week -- since it seems like it'll take getting used to, I may remove/disable the current marketplace and restore it to a simple forum, as that seems like it works better for everybody. In hindsight, coming back with a completely new marketplace and no transition period probably wasn't the best thing....

if anyone has a screenshot of the error you see when you "cannot access resource..." -- i can look into it.
I posted those here a while back: DPF 3.0 Issues Thread

I'd prefer the new marketplace because of all of the additional features it affords, and the cleaner/visual layout when browsing

if tutorials/videos will help, and we can keep the "new" marketplace, I can work on some of those once all of the bugs are worked out.
Thanks.

@Cicada - I am unable to find a place to post for Co-ops. I could not find a place for that in the
new Marketplace. Thanks.
I believe the games, zaps/swaps and co-op forums still work as they used to; like a regular forum -- try posting in that forum and let me know:

Amazing that people would attack a family website for pins. That is messed up. I cannot believe that hackers would attack DPF. This place is for fun not some corporate business.

Did we lose the PinPics trader reference thread? Any chance of getting it back?

Did we lose the PinPics trader reference thread? Any chance of getting it back?

It was lost, but I was able to salvage it so that @swscref could restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back