• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSSH Anna and Hans coronation has been counterfeited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSSH Anna and Hans coronation has been counterfeited!

sockgnome

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Just an FYI to the pin community- look out for the recent wave of counterfeits of the DSSH Anna and Hans coronation pin!

Of course it always bums me out when rarer pins get scrapped, but I always get disillusioned when really complex pins like this one start getting distributed by the scrapper sellers on eBay.
I always want to believe that they will not fake harder pins like this with pin-on-pin elements and screened-on elements.

If anyone sees this pin in person, I'd love to know if there are any clear-cut signs of what is a fake and what isn't.

I think what really sucks is that these sellers are asking for the same amount (or more) than what the pin is actually worth! I mean, who is going to invest that much money to find out if it's counterfeit and then go through the trouble of a refund, etc.

Just an FYI to the pin community- look out for the recent wave of counterfeits of the DSSH Anna and Hans coronation pin!

Of course it always bums me out when rarer pins get scrapped, but I always get disillusioned when really complex pins like this one start getting distributed by the scrapper sellers on eBay.
I always want to believe that they will not fake harder pins like this with pin-on-pin elements and screened-on elements.

If anyone sees this pin in person, I'd love to know if there are any clear-cut signs of what is a fake and what isn't.

Has it been scrapped or counterfeited? I believe those are two different things.

Has it been scrapped or counterfeited? I believe those are two different things.

Yes. Is it the "cold seller" indicating the scrap is getting out, but the damage is limited (eventually he runs out of supply)

Or is this like the Jessica Decades, the Ice Cream Sellers, that Cheshire present...where they just keep coming, from multiple sources and made worse by showing up with packaging?

Oh man! How did we find out, are there specific sellers? I bought this pin on ebay about 1.5 months ago though I did the routine seller checking before hand it still worries me.

From the photo's it looks like they only messed up on the spacing right? The fakes have their faces overlapping a little along with some other sizing issues.
$_1.JPG
pin102860

FAKE ON EBAY vs. REAL FROM PINPICS

I really want this pin…guess it's good that this was brought up

Ok I see the nose thing and that makes sense. I also see one seller on ebay who has had a lot of fakes. Mine seems fine.

My questions though: Where's the source where it said it was conterfeited and how do we know the nose isn't quality control?

Ok I see the nose thing and that makes sense. I also see one seller on ebay who has had a lot of fakes. Mine seems fine.

My questions though: Where's the source where it said it was conterfeited and how do we know the nose isn't quality control?

Check with Erika (crushedbubbles) and her pin comparison thread. Also check FB. There are 3-5 sellers - known sellers of counterfeit pins - who suddenly have these in their inventory and has the nose issue.

This is something im wondering also.

This person has one that people are saynig is counterfeit:

$_57.JPG

But here's the back?
$_57.JPG

Looks fine to me but has your "spacing" issue.

also far fromdreams posted the one with the purple background...the back looks fine on it too.

$_1.JPG

I may say this and it's the most unpopular opinion on DPF BUT

JUST BECAUSE A KNOWN SCRAPPER SELLER IS SELLING A PIN DOESN'T MEAN THERE ARE FAKES.

These sellers also sell /real/ pins to garner trust in pin traders and collectors as if they have good real pins people want they're more likely to follow them and indiscriminately purchase fake pins later out of trust.

There's a good possibility these aren't faked...I don't see enough evidence for this to be a big man hunt yet :/

I will check out that thread. I'm definitely confused now. Does anyone have this pin who was actually at the release and can post a photo of the back?

EDIT: I've also seen different backs of the cards on ebay. Do people counterfeit the cards too?
3498nx1.jpg

2zta9mt.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope your right Romancing_Train, I don't want there to be fakes of this pin

Although running through the pictures from these pins there seems to be a lot of quality control problems with them that are driving me nuts

I may say this and it's the most unpopular opinion on DPF BUT

JUST BECAUSE A KNOWN SCRAPPER SELLER IS SELLING A PIN DOESN'T MEAN THERE ARE FAKES.

These sellers also sell /real/ pins to garner trust in pin traders and collectors as if they have good real pins people want they're more likely to follow them and indiscriminately purchase fake pins later out of trust.

There's a good possibility these aren't faked...I don't see enough evidence for this to be a big man hunt yet :/

All these people are known fakes sellers, and all their pins have the overlapping noses issue, but the pins are real? All these sellers happened to choose this pin to use as a real pin in order to gain our trust, and they all happen to have that same QC problem? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Are there sellers known to be reliable who are selling these pins with the overlap problem? Did anybody here who bought it directly from Disney receive a pin with the same problem?

If not, at the very least, these are scrappers. Only time will tell if they've been counterfeited. Right now, it's not looking good. I guess I'm cynical -- real-looking backs, SKU numbers, and backer cards don't really impress me. I assume those can be faked very accurately since they're also made or applied in a pin factory.

All these people are known fakes sellers, and all their pins have the overlapping noses issue, but the pins are real? All these sellers happened to choose this pin to use as a real pin in order to gain our trust, and they all happen to have that same QC problem? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Are there sellers known to be reliable who are selling these pins with the overlap problem? Did anybody here who bought it directly from Disney receive a pin with the same problem?

If not, at the very least, these are scrappers. Only time will tell if they've been counterfeited. Right now, it's not looking good. I guess I'm cynical -- real-looking backs, SKU numbers, and backer cards don't really impress me. I assume those can be faked very accurately since they're also made or applied in a pin factory.

This is the information I would like to know also.

If you check the recently sold pins there are quiet a few from 100% good sellers, not known fake sellers, who have this problem with their own pictures.

Are all the fake sellers just using the same photo?

Do all of the serial numbers match? I have seen at least 1 that's different (or might be apparently i can't read).

I will check out that thread. I'm definitely confused now. Does anyone have this pin who was actually at the release and can post a photo of the back?

EDIT: I've also seen different backs of the cards on ebay. Do people counterfeit the cards too?
3498nx1.jpg

2zta9mt.jpg

It would be a simple matter to make counterfeit cards as well. Much simpler than the pin itself. Looking at the two cards, notice the different printing methods for the product number...that may be one way to tell if the *card* is legit. But that doesn't say much for the actual pin. I wonder how other collectible pin manufacturers deal with this sort of thing (e.g. Olympics, Hard Rock Cafe, etc.)

Edit to add: for clarity, I believe the top card is legit and the bottom card is faked.

I also have a sinking feeling that these two pins are being faked, Im seeing them quite a lot and not the others in the series,
pin76673th72

Almost the entire series, I think. Check out crushedbubble's thread. I think she mentions them there (she did on FB at least)

Hi everyone, no longer updating my thread unfortunately. However, yes, I have seen the known seller selling almost all of the regal pins over and over minus Ariel and Aurora I think? Also, the Anna and Hans, they have sold more than once I think too....

In which group on Facebook do you discuss these scrapper issues? I would like to be more up on those issues so I don't get caught with a fake pin. There are an absolute ton of pin trading groups on FB, I have no idea which to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back