• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! DSSH BATB EVENT Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to be put in the drawing for the marquee, the library scene, and the belle silhouette pin (the sand blasted one, not the one with her name) :)

Last edited:
I would love to be put in the drawing for the marquee, the library scene, and the belle silhouette pin (the sand blasted one, not the one with her name) :)
On the list! :D

We are only missing someone to claim the Beast Die cast pin, after that we'll be all good to go! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Thank you for offering this up but I'm sorry I will have to back out of my space for the Jasmine silhouette

Sorry, but I'm keeping the event pin and the PTD voucher, I should have mentioned that earlier.

I didn't realize that there was an event pin, PTD vouchers and free movie tickets to the premiere of BATB including a free pin.
That said, are we together in each pin paying full price to sponsor you? Meaning you are getting in free? If so and you are getting something out of it, perhaps lower the sponsorship part added to the pins. Just a suggestion, but I don't think it's an unusual request. Now if you are pitching in out of pocket expense then that's quite different. $76.00 was the reason I backed out of the library pin. Right now I'm still in for hopes of getting the marquee, but also talking with someone about it for less. Just trying to figure how the pricing came about?

I didn't realize that there was an event pin, PTD vouchers and free movie tickets to the premiere of BATB including a free pin.
That said, are we together in each pin paying full price to sponsor you? Meaning you are getting in free? If so and you are getting something out of it, perhaps lower the sponsorship part added to the pins. Just a suggestion, but I don't think it's an unusual request. Now if you are pitching in out of pocket expense then that's quite different. $76.00 was the reason I backed out of the library pin. Right now I'm still in for hopes of getting the marquee, but also talking with someone about it for less. Just trying to figure how the pricing came about?
The event pin, movie ticket, and PTD voucher were mentioned in the flyer of the release on DSSH's Facebook page. It is incredibly normal for the person being sponsored to keep the event pin and PTD voucher. I will probably have to purchase the left over pins so everyone cn get the pins they want.

Also, I did not price the pins, xdattax did, and she factored in PayPal fees, shipping, and cost of me mailing all the pins to her in an insured envelope. I'm sorry if you don't like the prices of the pins, this is unfortunately a pricey event, and we are trying to make it as close to at cost as possible. I do this as a way to try and help everyone on DPF, not for my own personal gain.

If you would like to be removed from the marquee list let me know.

I am staying in the list for the Marquee for the time being.
I have been sponsored, well actually my husband was and the only thing he kept was a $15.00 gift card to eat. All pins went to the sponsor, Welcome and Farewell pins as well.
Maybe it's different in CA than in FL.
So we are paying shipping twice? You are mailing them to someone and she is mailing them to us?
I was not complaining; was just trying to figure out why it's 6% PP fees and higher shipping. Now I get it and since you are keeping pins, then you are right in keeping the others.

Yes, I'm mailing them to xdattax, she's handling money and shipping. I'm picking up the pins and buying the ticket when it becomes available.

Tax in CA also raised recently to 9% (I think?).

Also, I don't think you're complaining, that's a totally fair question and I would have asked it myself.

Believe me, we're not making money on this nor are we even BatB collectors. I feel like the pins were over priced from DSF to begin with and knew that even with splitting them, it would be pricey.

Also figured in the price is 9% sales tax on the pins, which doesn't seem like a lot in and of itself but if you're coming from a place with 6% or 7% (like where work and live respectively) it adds up. The PayPal fees are both ways as well. I pay Ang through GS not FF. Not that I don't trust him, because I do find him to be trust worthy but for both of our protection.

It's not just the pin cost, but the cost of everything.

If you find the pin cheaper, you should do what's best for your wallet, neither of us would fault you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's the cost of the ticket price plus basically a 10% tax that really drove up these prices. But I just did the math myself and it all levels out. It's so shocking how the small things really pile up!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Tell me about it! If this event doesn't sell out perhaps DSF will rethink its pricing.

c868216fc124af253c4dc7615809e029.jpg

I also don't think that is worth 150 dollars lol

I completely understand now. Wow 9 or 10% sales tax. Holy Moly! Thanks for explaining it to me. I feel bad for ?ing anything now. it's like resorts at WDW not a bad room Rate till they tag 11 or 12% room tax. Ouch!

I completely understand now. Wow 9 or 10% sales tax. Holy Moly! Thanks for explaining it to me. I feel bad for ?ing anything now. it's like resorts at WDW not a bad room Rate till they tag 11 or 12% room tax. Ouch!

Bed tax in Florida is a female dog for sure. That's what the boyfriend is doing now and I'm sure it ain't gonna be pretty since it's for a race. :p

Disney has some crust charging this much for an event and then charging for pins & tax.
Are you all suppose to wear gowns & tuxs too? LOL
All kidding aside; are they at least feeding you or it's just a pin event gathering in a fancy room with a name?

And from what I hear Acme isn't worth Acme! Oh Disney. You already get our money, stop taking our souls too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back