• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ever Found A Pin At A Thift Store/Garage Sale Etc?

Have you found a Disney pin at a thrift store, garage sale, estate sale, etc?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever Found A Pin At A Thift Store/Garage Sale Etc?

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have you ever found a Disney pin in an unexpected place? I.E. thrift shop, garage sale, estate sale, etc.

I went to a couple of thrift shops today and found three Disney pins between the two shops; I purchased two of the three pins and am thinking I might go back for the third!?!

Here are the two I brought home (and will be up for trade):

From 1999
Pin 1333: Small Minnie with No Spots On Dress (White Face)

From 2004
Pin 35612: USPS - The Art of Disney Stamp (Pinocchio & Jiminy Cricket)

The one I am debating on going back for is this pin:Pin 34843: DS - Tigger Vampire Halloween Light-Up
It is on the card and looks brand new EXCEPT it looks like maybe there is a plastic cover over it or part of the plastic of the pin may have lifted a little, can't really tell, just looks a little foggy on part of his tail? BUT, it has 18 wanting on Pinpics and 0 trading! Not sure what I should do! :lol:

• Have you ever found pins in places like these?
  • What pin did you find?
  • Where did you find it?
  • Did you get a good deal?
  • How would you rate the pin you found?
  • Was it a LE?

Last edited:
My husband's best friend found a couple pins at a garage sale once and got them for me, it was really sweet of them :) One was an pin of Aladdin and Jasmine on the carpet, and the other two were vinylmation pins.

My husband's best friend found a couple pins at a garage sale once and got them for me, it was really sweet of them :) One was an pin of Aladdin and Jasmine on the carpet, and the other two were vinylmation pins.

That is so cool!!! I wish garage sale season wasn't over for the most part here, I would be out "treasure" hunting!!! :lol:

Yes, I find a few pins at thrift stores once in a blue moon. But picked up awesome collection at a yard sale a couple of weeks back. In the collection was...Gold Jail Scene, Inauguration, MAPO, and some other super rare pins. Maybe not a big deal to the 'gotta have what's hot today' club, for an old veteran like me, it was quite a thrill. Knocked a few off my want list from 13 years ago..lol Now, if I could just get that Mickey for President.....

Yes, I find a few pins at thrift stores once in a blue moon. But picked up awesome collection at a yard sale a couple of weeks back. In the collection was...Gold Jail Scene, Inauguration, MAPO, and some other super rare pins. Maybe not a big deal to the 'gotta have what's hot today' club, for an old veteran like me, it was quite a thrill. Knocked a few off my want list from 13 years ago..lol Now, if I could just get that Mickey for President.....

WOW!!! Congrats! :D That is amazing!!! I would be jumping for joy!!! :hsd:

My friend had just gone to a garage sale last Saturday morning, and found a lanyard with 8 pins on it (fab 5, chip and dale, etc). It cost $0.25. Yes I typed that correctly, a measly quarter. I said, you mean each pin? She said no...the whole thing. Lucky!

Apparently a few weekends ago 4 families had a garage sale in applevalley (about 5 minutes from me) and two of the families were selling off their whol pin collections..if I remeber most the pins were a few dollars or less.......

I found out a day late ,_,

I found this amazing set of Disney pins at buffalo exchange for like $1.50 a piece in a bowl and all the pins were real which was the even more amazing part!!!!!

i found a seller at the swapmeet that had quite a few pins that i ended up buying at really good prices also got a small pin bag from her and a vinyl for my daughter. ive also found other items like buttons and different toys. i love the swapmeet!!!!!

I found a old Disney store set of Snow White and the seven dwarfs at a antique market a couple years ago,still in their orig pkging too...

There's a pin seller at my local flea/farmer's market who has a board for Disney amidst all his sports and events pins. Usually they're Hidden Mickeys, which makes me cautious, but I haven't seen anything I really wanted anyways.

Going antiquing in about an hour as its 3 hours from us and Rockville,Indiana is a hour ahead of us,maybe I will fid something there!If I do I will post it

The shops around the circle of orange have a lot of Disney pins.I have bought quite a few there.Cheap Cheap...

I have! :) There was an ex Disney worker selling off a ton of his stuff in CA, all for $1 a piece... snowglobes, paperweights, 50th anniversary stuff, ornaments, pins... I had a handful of stuff and he counted it all but purposely missed the pins... he told me not to worry, so I really got them for free :lol: I traded one of them for a BT, which I then went on to trade for a Rapunzel and Max UK pin... :hsd:

No, I have not. I've looked all the times I've been to flea markets and things like that, but never been lucky and found anything.

We are going out to some antique malls and flea markets tomorrow, hopefully I find something good! :x: Thank you all for sharing your stories! :D

I've found a lot of things at thrift and antique stores...

pin16784
pin16075
pin101
pin80974
pin51809
pin89730
pin12231

I never have-and I usually keep an eye out for disney stuff in general when I go to tag sales and flea markets. But I feel like it'd be something I'd be more likely to see if I lived around DLR or WDW. Be nice if I did end up coming across something, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back