• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
I was absolutely not into the queen of hearts, but I saw her in store and wow, she is just stunning to the point I ll go back in store to buy her.

Do you think they will release another Designer set next year? If they do what do you think it will be?

Do you think they will release another Designer set next year? If they do what do you think it will be?
I too think the Princes would be great, especially with "real" hair and an updated spin on their traditional outfits. They are icons and would be just as sexy and popular as the princesses. But , I just don't think they will do it. They may go back to princesses. Or could do a Tinker Bell and fairy friends line. There are a lot of possibilities and as we know they have the characters to keep issuing new themes forever. I do vote for the Princes !!

Queen of hearts was the one I liked the least along with Ursula and Mother Gothel and when I saw her in real at the store. I fell in love. I now own my very first villain designer . Here are some pictures. Oh I moved the head a bit, to be a bit closer to the sketch and I think the new position of the head matches better her special look and face.
dscf3220.jpg
dscf3218.jpg
dscf3219.jpg

I would LOVE to see some villain or Prince's Men. Like Gaston, Jafar, Hades etc.... or The Beast, Aladdin etc. - I am really wondering though, why didn't they make Lady Tremaine?

Nice pics, Pupuce! :) But I can't help but notice the tulle around the neck of the Queen of Hearts is sewn on VERY roughly and it really takes away from the quality of the doll :( Shame really, otherwise she looks a lot better than the promo pics! ^_^

@Beth Darleen, Tremaine is a 17 inch doll coming out next week, so that's why she wasn't in this collection! ^_^

I would LOVE to see some villain or Prince's Men. Like Gaston, Jafar, Hades etc.... or The Beast, Aladdin etc. - I am really wondering though, why didn't they make Lady Tremaine?

I think they didn't make Lady Tremaine because she's too old to be fashionable and model-like xD

@pupuce: oOo tilting the head of the QoH makes her look better :)

Last edited:
Thank you ^^ yes when you tilt her head, you can see the heart in the corner of her eye and have a better view of her hair dress. + It suits her nostalgia intriguing expression .

here are others pictures
dscf3217.jpg
dscf3224.jpg
dscf3222.jpg

Last edited:

I was thinking of that myself. This seems to may be a trend once a year with Disney. If they did make the princes' I would love to have a Designer Prince Eric doll. The classic prince dolls Disney has now are just cheap, and fall flat. Although, the lead male characters in Pocahontas, Mulan and Tangled might be a challege to create.

If disney store decides to make Designer Princes, what do you think the theme fashion should be? Modern casual? tuxedos? or keep the original outfits but make them fancier? :)

Formal wear like the the princesses. There are some great drawings on deviant art that have the designer princes with their princesses. Their outfits work perfectly.

I like the idea of a prince designer quite a lot actually but for some reason, I'm kind of feeling that most of the princes aren't perceived as important by Disney at the moment. There are still a few strong ladies, who might not be princesses but would definitely qualify as great designer sets I'm thinking off the good fairy from Pinocchio, Hercules Meg, Tinkerbell, Esmeralda from The Hunchback, Jane from Tarzan and Kida, the princess of Atlantis.
I'd very much love a special collection of the princesses and their princes in one set as well. But that's too much to ask for, not to mention the price tag attached to that.

Formal wear like the the princesses. There are some great drawings on deviant art that have the designer princes with their princesses. Their outfits work perfectly.

I'd agree formal wear would be absolutely wonderful. Another suggestion. Many of the princesses have fathers as well, the royal parents-in-law would make fantastic designers sets too.

The only store in france , that is selling the designer villlains is the DS at the champs elysées, and it seems the french are crazy about the queen of hearts because the doll is almost sold out at the store right now, after 4 days on sell. They still have evil queen and maleficent, but only few box are left for the queen of hearts from the DS seller. The store received 100 dolls each

Last edited:
I can't imagine after all the money being made off this designer villain collection that Disney wouldn't make another Designer set next year. I think it will either be more villains, princes or heroines. Either way I'm happy. I love all the Designer Villain dolls, but my favorite is Maleficent and Cruella. Queen of Hearts is my least favorite and Mother Gothel. Gothel's dress looks like curtains and Queen of Hearts isn't as well put together as the rest. They're all lovely though...none are bad...I just personally like more than others. I didn't go in for Queen of Hearts because I'm saving for Ursula and Cruella. I also pre-ordered a set, but I'm grabbing doubles of my favorite just in case something goes wrong with my pre-order.

In terms of design my favourites are Queen of Hearts and Cruella. Although I'd like to have Ursula (TLM an' all) I can only get one, so it has to be Gothel to go out on the town with my Rapunzel.

I can say for sure now that I like the Queen of Hearts a lot more after having seen her in person (Opposite of Shiva - I feel bad, we usually agree on everything! ): ). I just adore her face, but I am in complete agreement with the way her bodice is.

Just an update by the way....

For those who remember that I had to have my pre-order cancelled, because I was told that if I couldn't give the money then it would be cancelled..It turned out that the order was never, ever cancelled - despite not being able to verify the amount on my card. However, I've already bought three in store, so I ended up calling an cancelling my pre-order set yesterday.

I can say for sure now that I like the Queen of Hearts a lot more after having seen her in person (Opposite of Shiva - I feel bad, we usually agree on everything! ): ). I just adore her face, but I am in complete agreement with the way her bodice is.

Just an update by the way....

For those who remember that I had to have my pre-order cancelled, because I was told that if I couldn't give the money then it would be cancelled..It turned out that the order was never, ever cancelled - despite not being able to verify the amount on my card. However, I've already bought three in store, so I ended up calling an cancelling my pre-order set yesterday.

Lol :) We do often agree on our thoughts on Disney dolls, don't we? No worries, though! Well, maybe my mind will change about her when I get my doll set in a few weeks. Last year, I ended up liking a lot of the Designer Princess dolls more when I actually had them in hand. I really do think I would have liked the Queen of Hearts more if she had regular lipstick. I have the 17" LE Queen of Hearts and so I see her heart-lips every day, and it just screams Iracebeth to me, and not the 1951 Queen of Hearts. Of course, I would have really been delighted if they had made either or both dolls like the 1951 Fred-Flintstone-in-drag design in terms of body size and face!

Yay, Ursula will be released tomorrow, she's one of my favorite Designer Villains dolls. I can't wait to pair her up with Ariel, the contrast between these 2 will be beautiful :D ! Who will pick her up at the store?

On a side note, last weekend I went to a place with various collector's stores in Mexico City. One of them had a lot of Disney Store's merchandise for higher prices of course. They had a Maleficent Designer doll and they are trying to sell her for $300. Unfortunately there's people who buys them for these prices since they can't go to US or can't buy them online, kind of sad though :/ .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back