• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Thanks for posting that :)

I'm just frustrated because this is from the first email:

"I'm so sorry for any inconvenience but we are unable to change or cancel an order once it has been submitted. We have upgraded our system, which allows a "faster method" for processing your order."

This is from the second email:

"Upon reviewing your concern, unfortunately, we are unable to cancel an order once it is in processing. Your order is currently in processing to be shipped out."

From the third email:

"
Your order is in processing, and there is no shipping date available at this time."

I feel a Maleficent quote coming on: "Oh dear! What an awkwad situation..."

Seriously, there does seem to be a disconnect from their call center/CS department and the distribution warehouse. None of us in the US have received any notion other than pending charges on our credit cards that the doll sets are anywhere near being shipped, so I don't see why your order cannot be cancelled. They have to share some sort of database that can connect and track this order and any potential shipping labels that may have been made for it. Until an item actually ships, there is no logical reason that the order cannot be cancelled. I hope it works out for you! :)

I'm still trying to get some sort of resoultion for my LE Cinderella box and her messed up stained shoes.

Last edited:
Pre-order Designer Villains has shipped!

I was told yesterday over the phone by the US Disney Store Guest Relations (customer service), that the pre-orders won't ship until Oct 15, the date of the in store release of the last Designer Villain (Cruella De Vil). It also matches the "available" date in the page for the pre-order, which is still up. I guess they won't ship until the page is closed on Oct 15, wanting to sell as many as possible.
I just got an email from Disney Store saying that the pre-order has shipped! Verified by going to the UPS website, where they received the package on 6:39 PM Central Time today (October 11). Estimated delivery on Wednesday, October 17. So the Guest Relations person I talked to didn't know the real story. Not the first time that was the case for me.

I just got an email from Disney Store saying that the pre-order has shipped! Verified by going to the UPS website, where they received the package on 6:39 PM Central Time today (October 11). Estimated delivery on Wednesday, October 17. So the Guest Relations person I talked to didn't know the real story. Not the first time that was the case for me.

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! My set shipped out today, too, though it did not update into the website until about an hour or two at the most and I did not receive a shipment e-mail from the Disney Store. It should also be arriving by end of day Wednesday. Supposedly the package weighs 21.10 lbs. :) Thanks for the heads up, DRJ1828! It looks like the gift bag(s) are shipping separately, and I should be getting that on Thursday or Friday. That package weighs 1.50 lbs, which seems heavy for only one gift bag...

Oh those CS reps! They always throw a wrench in the gears for us!
:suspect:

Well, it seems I should be able to get my dolls on the 18th as I originally planned as well! I just got my conformation e-mail(s) (they're sending my one gift bag in a separate shipment, how silly) and they're supposed to arrive by the end of the day on the 18th but they should be there mid-afternoon as I had my Lady Tremaine arrive at the same place scheduled for "end of day" today and she was there by about 1pm.

It would have been nicer if they shipped one day earlier but I'll take this :)

Designer Mother Gothel with Classic Mother Gothel

The Classic 12'' Mother Gothel Doll posed side by side with the newly released Limited Edition Designer Villain Mother Gothel 12'' Doll. Both by the Disney Store. They have both been full deboxed, and are supported by Kaiser doll stands. Their side glances are pointing in opposite directions, so they can be placed eyeing each other.

Classic vs Designer Mother Gothel Dolls - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Classic vs Designer Mother Gothel Dolls - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Classic vs Designer Mother Gothel Dolls - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Classic vs Designer Mother Gothel Dolls - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Mother Gothel with Designer Rapunzel

The Disney Princess Designer Collection Rapunzel Doll (released October 2011) is posed side by side with the Disney Villains Designer Collection Mother Gothel Doll (released October 2012). They are both 11.5'' limited edition collectible poseable dolls produced and sold exclusively by the Disney Store. They have both been full deboxed, and are supported by Kaiser doll stands.

Designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Dolls - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Dolls - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Dolls - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

I just got my confirmation earlier too. The bag is being shipped separately from the dolls, very inconvenient for me since I have to pay fees by the number of packages I pick up. For me that was the whole point of pre-ordering, to get them all together and save on combined packages fees, now I have to pay extra for the bag. I guess DS was right when they said the pre-order dolls will be shipped from a different distribution center! But I'm very happy I'll finally see them in person, waiting was so hard and looking at all the owner photos didn't help at all! lol I just hope and pray that they will arrive safely!
pray.gif

Hi everyone I'm new but a long time lurker of this thread! Your wonderful photos finally persuaded me to purchase both a Queen of Hearts and Mother Gothel, my original favourites. What I'd like to add really, besides the fact that I regret nothing in buying them as they are gorgeous! is don't undo Gothel's hair.

I have and it has been cut really funny so it has an odd bit which hangs down at the back and some funny short bits near the front. I might have to resort to hair spray to flatten it. I'll try and upload some photos later but it's not going to be an easy task to make her hair look very good or indeed much like it should be. I really advise you to leave it be despite the weird and frankly disastrous beehive she has been given.

I think I can sum up some of the reasons why the pre-orders have reappeared online for sale:
1) The sharks that pre-ordered the set realized that these dolls are not in any way money-makers like the Designer Princess dolls and they cancelled their orders.
2) People got impatient and bought some of the dolls already (online or in-store), and since all the dolls are still availble online, they figured they would cancel the pre-order.
3) Some people who pre-ordered the set cannot afford them due to some other financial issue.
4) and, like Mali, now that word is coming out that the pre-orders won't even start shipping until Monday, October 15th, there was no real point to the pre-order at all.

I honestly don't think that Disney is assembling more sets of 6 to sell from the available back stock. I do think that a lot of people have cancelled their pre-orders (especially the sharks), which opened them up to be bought by somebody else.

I'm so sorry that this pre-order really backfired on your plans, Mali! Every other pre-order always seemed to ship so that the item would arrive on or around the actual release date. :( I hope you are able to get the whole set without spending an arm and a leg on shipping/customs fees for Designer Maleficent.

Also pre-orders only get one gift bag but if you buy in store you get 6, if I had a local store I would have cancelled my pre-order just to get the 5 additional bags.

Got my villains today (UK) and 6 gift bags! They are awesome and nice to have a set with the same limited edition number, was wondering if they would do that!

I did cancel my pre-order.
I have been able to get each doll at my local DS store and the bag. In addition I could see each doll and pick the one I liked best at the store. I do feel very lucky to be near a DS store and not depend on the 0n-line store. I really enjoy the beauty of the dolls and the designer dolls are my first dolls to collect.

Thanks to all who post pictures and de-box the dolls. I so want to set them free, yet do like the protection of the boxes.

I have and it has been cut really funny so it has an odd bit which hangs down at the back and some funny short bits near the front.

Oh no!

Sorry to hear that. I like the beehive so had no intentions to change it, but I was worried it might look funny taken down. Maybe you can take pics before you fix it to better warn others.

The thing I hate is that nubby rat tail in the back of her head! I might try to fix that once I get her (for Christmas... which seems so far away!)

Hi everyone I'm new but a long time lurker of this thread! Your wonderful photos finally persuaded me to purchase both a Queen of Hearts and Mother Gothel, my original favourites. What I'd like to add really, besides the fact that I regret nothing in buying them as they are gorgeous! is don't undo Gothel's hair.

I have and it has been cut really funny so it has an odd bit which hangs down at the back and some funny short bits near the front. I might have to resort to hair spray to flatten it. I'll try and upload some photos later but it's not going to be an easy task to make her hair look very good or indeed much like it should be. I really advise you to leave it be despite the weird and frankly disastrous beehive she has been given.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that her hair is a bit of a hot mess when taken down. Perhaps you could restyle it in a partial updo (think like the way Belle's hair looks in the film during the ballroom sequence)? That way, you could sort through the uneven hair and pin that up but still not have to resort to rebuilding her entire beehive. I was totally going to angle for something like that with my Designer Mother Gothel doll, but when I put the black gloves on her, the beehive turned out to really work with the look, so I kept her hair as it is.

Well I ended up trimming the longer bit and attaching two of the rubber bands around her hair and face to try and stop it sticking out. Hopefully this will work! She looks much more like herself with her hair down even if it is a little shorter. I took some before photos and will upload them with some after pictures tomorrow. I still say just leave it be even if you hate it! Thanks for all the advice guys :)

Rogues Gallery - Limited Edition Disney Villain Dolls

My collection of Limited Edition Disney Villain Dolls in a group portrait. All were produced and sold by the Disney Store. They are all supported by their included doll stands. There is one more Designer Villain doll to be released, Cruella De Vil, on 10/15/2012.

From front to back, and left to right, they are:

Disney Villains Designer Evil Queen Doll. Released 9/17/2012. #1697 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Maleficent Doll. Released 9/10/2012. #8013 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Queen of Hearts Doll. Released 9/24/2012. #5640 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Ursula Doll. Released 10/1/2012. #5616 of 13,000.
Limited Edition 17'' Lady Tremaine Doll. Released 10/2/2012. #346 of 1500.
Limited Edition 17'' Mother Gothel Doll. Released 3/29/2011. #1349 of 1500.
Disney Villains Designer Mother Gothel Doll. Released 10/8/2012. #1697 of 13,000.

Rogues Gallery - Limited Edition Disney Villain Dolls by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Dolls - Deboxed on Display Stands

Disney Princess Designer Collection Rapunzel Doll
Released October 2011
11.5'' Poseable Limited Edition Doll
#3053 of 6000

Disney Villains Designer Collection Mother Gothel Doll
Released October 2012
11.5'' Poseable Limited Edition Doll
#3364 of 13,000

Both are fully deboxed and supported by their Designer display stands. This photo shows the full volume of Rapunzel's skirt.

Designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Dolls - Deboxed on Display Stands - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

How does Maleficent look in person? Lady Tremaine looks creepy. Her head looks bigger then the others.

Keep in mind that the Lady Tremaine and the taller Mother Gothel dolls in the back row of this picture are the 17" LE dolls, so proportionately speaking, their heads are bigger than the Designer dolls' heads. That said, because of her chin and overall longer face, Lady Tremaine does have a bigger head than the rest of the 17" LE dolls, but it's not as freaky looking as when you compare the 12" Lady Tremain play doll to other Disney 12" play dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back