• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SO relieved to see that there will be 13,000 of these! I was upset when I first saw the announcement, but now that I know there will be a reasonable amount, I am super excited! And a pre-order? This is going to be awesome! I love how they all look!!

Well I might as well Pre-order them all and then decide what I'll keep. Mother Gothel is beautiful so this means I have to get a Rapunzel doll. And the Queen of Hearts will go with the new version of Alice. I like them all but in person will decide. I'll be up at 3 AM August 20th to pre-order mine - how about you?

Is it going to be hard getting them the day of? They are dividing the dolls in four different countries !

Very cool! I am especially loving Cruella and Gothel. I don't know if I will be getting them though...I think I may want to spend my money trying to obtain some of the older princess/Alice 17" dolls I don't have...but maybe I will change my mind between now and then. LOL :)

Also agree that Ursula looks a little strange...when I first read of this series I was really hoping they would portray her as Vanessa instead...I would have definitely, without a doubt, bought that!

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that they made Ursula and the Queen of Hearts so thin. It doesn't really even look like them.

In the last actual pictures posted, all of them look like they have the same face (with different make-up) other than Mother Gothel (who actually looks like herself!).

To me, these just look like "Barbie dressed as villains" not the actual villains.

Do you think they'll ever make designer princes to go with the designer princesses? I had assumed those would be the next designer dolls made.

A few more thoughts...

-I wonder if these dolls will be in similar cases to the Designer Princess dolls, so they "match".

-Gothel's eye makeup is amazing...I am really loving how they portrayed her.

-I feel like they can never get the Queen of Hearts right...her 17" doll looks odd to me as well.

-I wonder how long these dolls will last considering they are LE 13,000...that is a pretty large edition size.

-All of their hairstyles are gorgeous, and their outfits seem to have more attention to detail than the Princesses...I almost wish they did the Villains first, so they would have got the Princesses right...LOL.

Also, if Disney reads this, next year please do a Disney Designer "Heroines" collection, featuring characters such as Meg, Alice, Tink, Esmeralda, Wendy, Tiger Lily, Merida, etc. I will give you money! LOL :)

Have to confess I feel the same way about these dolls that I did about the Princesses - While I really dislike the dolls themselves, I love the concept art, journals, etc. that go along with them.

Oh, and I agree that it would have been cool if they kept Ursula a plus size.

just love these dolls, its going to be hard work affording them but im sure theres a way, hoping for pins though!! at least i no ive space for pins! lol its almost a shame they havent done a villian for each of the 10princess dolls though!

think i love queen of hearts best!!

:( I don't really like them that much they look off to me. But their nice but I don't see a rush to get them. It makes me really angry that it is an LE 13000, that Is SO much that they wouldn't be that sought after! My guess is that at the $80 price tag and the High LE amount they will take weeks to sell out.

Pins or dolls? Can someone PM me the answer? I know I won't be on here to check on updates.

I'm happy that these will be easier to get, but I feel like it takes away the "value" of them...and they are more expensive than the princess dolls. That being said, I'm going to get Ursula and Gothel and save for the upcoming Cinderella doll. I do hope there is a pin set, though!

I love Cruella, she looks stunning!!

Evil Queen looks cheap to me.

It's seriously WEEEEEIRD that Ursula is so skinny. If you're gonna make her skinny, make a Vanessa doll :hsd:

I'm rather baffled as to why Queen of Hearts is there. Sure she's a villain, but she already has a 17" doll + lots of other merchandise. Let's see some love for other villains!! Where are the guys at?? (Shan-Yu, Facilier, Gaston, JAFAR!!)

I agree, Gothel is the only one who actually looks like herself.

I am actually really disappointed with Maleficent :( She's my favorite villain and I don't think she looks like herself whatsoever. Her face is not right at all and she's much prettier than her doll. I don't like her outfit either. The collar is higher than the concept art and the fake leather is kinda gross. but I WANT to like her. so. bad.

I'm disappointed they did not release a Lady Tremaine... she's a classic Disney villain and she would have coordinated with the Designer Cinderella... but maybe that's because she's being released later this year ;)

at least I hope soooooo!!

Last edited:
I am soo excited!!! Im definitely getting ursula amd maleficent!! Not i just need to get my hands on a designer Ariel lol!

LOVE most of these, but I really have a problem w/ Queen Grimhilde... I wanted to ADORE her soooo much from the looks of her illustration... her doll looks cheap! :(

Cruella is a total work of art. I LOVE her! :) Everything about her is so beautiful and classy, she is number 1 on my list! <3 Maleficent is another one I am definitely gonna try and get.... her dress is wonderful! :) Kinda think her face is a little chubby compared to her depiction in the movie, and she could have been more beautiful. Oh well! I still love her! :)

Queen of Hearts and Ursula are just okay for me... I don't really like Gothel, her hair looks very strange and her dress cheap... I don't think the flower in her hair translated very well either :lol:

But all of the illustrations are great! ^_^ And at LE 13,000, nobody should have a problem grabbing these... I predict Cruella being the top want/scalper target LOL :lol:

All in all, I love these!!!! :D <3

Kind of glad I don't like any of them really! They seem to have strayed from the original character designs more which I understand but don't really like the look of. An easy miss for me!

Have to get maleficent, mother gothel, evil queen and queen of hearts, I think they are beautiful dolls and wish I would have gotten some of the princess's now. Soooo glad they are higher le's.

I also wish they did Vanessa. Has there ever been a Vanessa doll? I do like Ursula's look, but I really dislike how skinny she is. She needs to be her round self. Not a thin little wisp.

I'm not sure if I want to buy them. I am trying not to collect dolls just for the sake of having the whole collection, so I have to really love them and feel like they will be worth something if I decide I need to sell them to make room. If these are LE of 13,000 I don't know that they would retain their value and I am unsure if I really love any of them. Ursula would have been a sure buy for me if she was plump like she should be. And I would have bought Vanessa in a heartbeat and kept her forever! But I am just not sold on any of them. I also didn't fall in love with most of the designer princesses except for Ariel and Aurora and I was unable to get either. I only was able to get Rapunzel. :(

Cruella is definitely my favorite in doll-form. But if they made these into pins, I'd go for Maleficent and the Evil Queen first. I really would like to see them in pin form, because the concept artwork is just gorgeous. I just feel like it didn't translate quite as well into doll form if you know what I mean. But if they do make them pins, here's to hoping for a higher edition number! :anxious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back