• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Gnoming Around the World Game (...and here we go!)

I don't have him yet. But we've not had any mail for a few days...

edit: I'm just assuming he's been sent? I haven't been told :s

Gnome Mickey arrived yesterday afternoon! He's exhausted from his long trip, but we should be able to arrange a photo op within the next few days.

Bumping this up, so just as an update Mickey is with Imp at Canada and Donald with IadoreWDW in Scotland? Is that right?

Looks like we are almost halfway through the game! LOL

Last edited:
Hi gang! I've been resting up here in Canada while Isabel searched for her camera. She was really hoping I'd be here for Christmas, but travelling parcel post is a bit unpredictable, so she kept a few decorations around for my visit (she really did keep them out for me, not just because she hadn't gotten around to putting them away yet).

I don't get to Canada much, so Isabel took the precaution of hiring a crack security team to protect me from the paparazzi. You can see them in this photo of us taking a coffee break before boxing up the last of the Christmas decorations. As you can see, they're on high alert even during a relaxing morning at home.

(Isabel says you can't visit Canada without trying a Tim Horton's coffee - it was yummy!)

I went on an exchange there! :) Seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to- I went to Halifax and LOVED IT! I want to go back sooo badly! Not only for the people and general feel of the city, but also for the Tim Hortons... I definitely didn't bring like 10 containers of instant hot chocolate with me! ;)

Hi gang! I've been resting up here in Canada while Isabel searched for her camera. She was really hoping I'd be here for Christmas, but travelling parcel post is a bit unpredictable, so she kept a few decorations around for my visit (she really did keep them out for me, not just because she hadn't gotten around to putting them away yet).

I don't get to Canada much, so Isabel took the precaution of hiring a crack security team to protect me from the paparazzi. You can see them in this photo of us taking a coffee break before boxing up the last of the Christmas decorations. As you can see, they're on high alert even during a relaxing morning at home.

(Isabel says you can't visit Canada without trying a Tim Horton's coffee - it was yummy!)

Haha that is an awesome picture! (and a great plug for Tim Horton's too LOL)

I gotta admit never knew about Tim Horton's until I was asked by a friend to buy a cup from there when I was visiting the US. Thing is there arent as many Tim Horton's around in the US....

Managed to find one in NY but wasnt until I went to Ontario (to check out the falls) that I found a proper Tim Horton's where I was able to buy the cup. I love the pic though, your dogs are very cute haha.

Haha that is an awesome picture! (and a great plug for Tim Horton's too LOL)

I gotta admit never knew about Tim Horton's until I was asked by a friend to buy a cup from there when I was visiting the US. Thing is there arent as many Tim Horton's around in the US....

Managed to find one in NY but wasnt until I went to Ontario (to check out the falls) that I found a proper Tim Horton's where I was able to buy the cup. I love the pic though, your dogs are very cute haha.

There are relatively few Tim Horton's in the U.S. because they couldn't compete with Dunkin' Donuts down there. On the other hand, Dunkin' Donuts' attempt to expand into Canada fizzled pretty quickly because it couldn't compete with Tim's.

Personally, I don't understand how Dunkin Donuts has become so popular. I went to Tim Horton's once and maybe because there are few, they can up the quality, but I liked it better than DD. Another thing is KRISPY KREME!!!! OH WHAT I WOULD DO FOR A DOZEN KRISPY KREME DONUTS RIGHT NOW!!!!! DD also beat them, I just don't get it. Dunkin is kind of plain to me :(

EDIT: Fluffystitch's photo is now missing :( Anyone know where he is who can get the photo back possibly?

Last edited:
Another thing is KRISPY KREME!!!! OH WHAT I WOULD DO FOR A DOZEN KRISPY KREME DONUTS RIGHT NOW!!!!! :(

I once had a this dream I was eating this amazing Krispy Kreme donut. When I woke up I was craving a KK donut so bad with no KK to be found. That was a lousy day. A month later I found a KK at Penn Station in NYC but every. single. time. I happen to be in the area the place was closed. *sigh* One day... one day... I will have my donut. Maybe even this week. Mmmm.... :drool:

those doggies are adorable!! WAY TO GO, Team Mickey!!!

(side bar: should we take bets on when the game will end?? :))

Back