• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

hahaha no way... seriously??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha no way... seriously??!

movingthestars

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Well okay, as I think everyone knows (or can figure out) I am a huge Treasure Planet fan. It is my second-favorite movie of all time. So anyways, I have a huge collection from the movie (not just pins) and I am always looking at the new stuff that shows up on ebay to see if there is anything I can add. So a few weeks ago this McDonalds toy of B.E.N. from Japan started showing up, I made note of it but never clicked on it because its been listed at $158. And I thought, that is crazy, how can anyone charge that for a McDonalds toy?! So since I am in Japan, I recently had a chance to buy it for $5 on the internet. So of course I bought it. It had a picture and a one-line description. When I went to pay, shipping was almost double the cost of the item. I wondered why, but paid anyway since I had no choice.

Well, it came today.

benhuge.jpg

This thing is ENORMOUS. The box comes up to over the top of my knee. I seriously thought it was going to be a tiny box that could fit in the palm of my hand. So much for that! The picture shows B.E.N. with Shellie May so you can see the size difference. It is going to take some seriously creative packing to get this thing back to America!

Last edited:
Please don't forget my Shellie Mae ! And I saw a Japan Duffy pin, if you could get that for me too . Are you coming to Mickey''s Circus . We have an extra bed at All Star Sports . :)

Haha! That is too cool! I love pleasant surprises like that. I wish it would work that way for pins. For some reason I always imagine Dumbo pins to be big with amazing detail! Unfortunately when I get them they are always smaller than I imagined. :( Lolz. And I only do that with Dumbo pins. xD

Hahahaha, I didn't know you were 3 feet tall. j/k. Im still working on us. PM you later.

Awesome find. I know how you feel when I find my UP items.

oh man, why am I laughing so hard at this!!! Is that what the ebay auctions dimensions suggest? I swear with the box, it goes up just past the top of my kneecap! I am almost 5'4'', short but not that short!:rofl:

btw, I have that coin for you sitting on my table... it also is bigger than I though it would be (not to the extent of the toy though of course!!!)

you need these?

I actually have every Treasure Planet pin except for these 3:

I don't think I will ever get the first one :( I actually thought I had a lead for awhile but then it fell through :(

I thought about buying the cards at some point, but I haven't yet.

LOL! That may be the largest McDonalds toy I have ever seen! They must have sold it in the store or something...there is no way that went in a Happy Meal box! :rofl:

Labyrinth is my all time favorite movie ever! I went to meet David Bowie a few times when he was in NY because of that movie :lol:

Wow, that's amazing, what a wonderful find! ^_^ I fondly remember collecting the individual parts of a similar toy from the UK McDonalds, it was so much fun! ^_^ (If I ever find it and you want another BEN toy, you can have it LOL!) :) Congratulations, I hope you enjoy him! ^_^ Treasure Planet is SO underrated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back