• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Tink flies out of the way of the bits of lamb spraying around the ballroom table and joins Kevin up on the chandalier. watching as things unfold.

FISH!!! Ariel freaks out when she sees a large plate of small tropical fish sitting on the middle of the table! she quickly takes the plate and dumps the dead fish behind the organ before anyone could even think about eating one of her own! She sits back down and grabs a plate but has completely lost her appetite and waits impatiently for jack to come.

Aurora's jet finally lands in Tokyo. Aurora takes a horse drawn carriage to Tokyo Disneyland and then takes secret tunnels to get to the Haunted Mansion. Aurora goes to the entrance and pauses. She hears a rustling in a nearby tree. She looks up but doesn't see anything. It adds to the creepy atmosphere. Aurora cautiously enters the mansion and sees Jack. He directs her to the Ballroom. Aurora is not a fan of taking a doombuggy ride solo to get there. She clutches her bag a bit tighter and gets inside.

Aurora arrives safely and is happy to get out of the vehicle. She takes a moment to look around the ghosts playing about while some of the detectives are eating. Strange atmosphere she thinks to herself. But if there is anything Aurora has learned from these cases is you need to eat cautiously and as often as you have the opportunity because they are few and far between. She says hello to the detective who have gathered. She is happy to see some new and old faces. She grabs a plate of fruit and salad sits down and waits with the others.

Rafiki enters the dining hall and sits right next to Scar. "Hello Scar," Rafiki mumbles as he approaches. Fortunately for Rafiki, he knows Scar will never eat someone so important to the pride lands. Rafiki grabs a banana, peels, and then eats while examining his surroundings.

Ray waves back at Tink, and was in the process of flying closer and properly introducing himself when Scar addresses the group. Hearing that there are bugs on the menu, Ray quickly flies up and away from the table to avoid getting eaten - or knocked down by a piece of food! Thinking to himself, "Shadowman definitely done put some juju in here. Better stay up here and see what happens. Never know when a bug gotta do what a bug gotta do!" He begins thinking about his dear Evangeline in the meantime. .

v-ballroom.jpg

*As the detectives gather in the ballroom they are unaware that all the cause of the problem is nearby watching them closely through night vision goggles. They are waiting to see Jack's reaction to a small gift that will be delivered when he arrives.*

Jack_Skellington.jpg

*Entering the ballroom, Jack turns to Scar.*

"It seems no one else is coming, but just in case I have left Madame Leota in the stretching room to give directions."

*Jack turns to the other guests.*

"First of all thank you all for coming. Someone is trying to ruin Halloween and I need your help to find out who. So far I have no clue as to where or when this started. i have been decorating non stop every night for a month. things seemed fine. Until this morning that is. Then eggs began popping up all over the place.
Eggs of all things...what is Halloweeny about eggs...nothing...unless they are rotten and being thrown as part of a trick. I called Sally after emailing Scar for your help, but there was no answer and I really needed a shoulder to cry on. Anyway, we really need to...."

*Just then Jack is interrupted as the one of the mansion butlers floats in the room.*

BUTLER* " I am sorry to interrupt Mr. Skellington, but this package was just delivered and I thought I should bring it to you right away as it is marked urgent."

As a butler delivers a package to Mr. Skellington, a resounding sound of glass on glass breaks the awkward silence in the room. Several detectives turn around to find a man kneeled to the floor thumbing through a small wine storage unit. Complaining quickly that such an establishment should at least have SOMETHING from this century, he quickly draws a bottle from the bottom shelf. Finally standing and turning around, Anton Ego strides over to the table unaware that most eyes lie on him. He pulls a bottle opener out of a jacket pocket and effortlessly pops out the cork. Running a finger along the edge of the cork he sets the bottle on the table, the cork alongside with it. Without even tasting the wine he says:

Pitty.. gone bad, but not surprising in THESE conditions.

*Jack takes the package from the butler and looks at it carefully. It is roughly 2 feet in length,a foot wide and a foot deep. Opening it carefull he sees a cotton type of stuffing on top. Digging through he sees 2 arms and then 2 legs and finally a torso. The others are watching carefully when suddenly Jack's expression changes to shock and anger as he finally recognizes the parts as belonging to a rag doll.*

"IT'S SALLY!!"

blarg.jpg

*Wanting to see what has changed Jack so suddenly, Scar gets up and walks over.*

SCAR* " He is right. It does seem to be Sally, or atleast most of her. She seems to be missing a head. Wait a minute what is this at the bottom of the box...yes... a note. Listen and I will read it."

DEAR JACK

HALLOWEEN IS DEAD AS A HOLIDAY
EASTER IS BRIGHT AND HERE TO STAY
TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU COMPLY
SALLY'S HEAD I WILL HIDE
DR.FINKLESTEIN CAN'T SAVE HER LIFE
NOW SHE WILL NEVER BE YOUR WIFE
IF YOU CHANGE ONE SINGLE EASTER THING
HER LIFE WON'T BE THE LAST ENDING

"Well it is obvious to me that we are being threatened. I also don't know where Sally was ripped into pieces so I don't know where to find a clue. Any suggestions? Hades does Sally even have a soul? I will leave it up to you on that. Jack --sit down and we will think this out."

Tink watches as Jack starts to open the box, as she sees the white stuffing puff out she shudders knowing what will happen next. The Drama of it all is beginning again. she quickly flies over to scar with a evidence bag and places the note inside and searches for a larger bag for the box of parts. "Jack, we will get to the bottom of this" tink looks at the other detectives and says," We need to check the rest of the mansion" Quicly every one should pair up, for safety newbies come with me please. any new detectives should pair up with a detective who has been on other cases it will help speed up the process." with that tink looks to see what happens next.

Hades leans back against the fireplace and ponders the question. Does Sally have a soul?
He gazes across the room, from the group hiding in the chandelier, to the assemblage at the table. The ghostly servants drifting by with trays of party foods and drink, and lastly back to the lion leader.
View attachment 6787"Look furball, I dont really care if she has a soul or not, technically if your really really really worried yeah she gots one, DR F musta somehow given her one back, but that is the LEAST of my worries!! I have a huge enterprise down there to oversee ahd whosever is screwin it up is givin me AGITA!!" his voice has risen and a slightly unusual red has begun to creep into his face.
"Hey Skullingtone, I extend my sympathies to you," at this Hades does a mocking gesture of grief and remorse. Hands over his forehead he wails pitifully for about a second without expression and without tears, then continues in a irrated voice to the rest.
"Youse all gots to see the big picture here, Im talking millions of souls to oversee, I run a very organized, legitimate operation. We got unions, and timeschedules, Im talking real time data links to the fates, All three of em!!
They cut string we know about it, You simply a stunad if you think something this big can be done another way!!
And now someone is making me personally look like a schmuck!! I wont stand for it!! " The cornea of his eyes have taken an errie yellow color and the red continues to overtake his face!!
View attachment 6786
Now some of you I already got the 411 on, You for instance furface, we got your ticket all drawn up, We got the skinny on your life from LACLIESIS, so you cant be suprised by whats in store for you? and you up there fairy, your time will eventually come too, and oh have we got some accomadations for you!! Sorry I am a god not a hero, so I cant help you with past transgressions!! But.... ",he smiles an exceedingly evil smile and continues to the rest of the gathered detectives,his palor returning to its more bluish hue. He leans behind the piano picks up a "hidden " fish and pops it into his mouth, Pulling on the tail he withdraws a complete skelaton of the fish,bare bones all. He stare first up to the chandaleir and then back to the tables occupants.
"But there are others of you shlemiels here, we may be able to work some kinda deal for your futures?
Any intrest? One small favor for me, can seal the deal for the rest of eternity?
I need to find this little yutz thats messing up my operations !!!!!!"

Last edited:
Having gone straight to the Mansion on arriving in Tokyo, figment witnesses Jack unpacking what remains on Sally.
"Who would want to get rid of Halloween? They certainly went to serious lengths to get their point across."

kevin watches on from the chandelier and is a bit curious to how a doll could be murdered but nevertheless we must investigate. She decides to clamber down and begins to look around the ballroom for any clues and when no is looking sneaks a sup of antons wine...

she hiccups at the horrid taste and decides to check under the table to see is anything mysterious has been placed under there..

After a moment or two more of thought, the blue skinned Hades, looks at the rest and quips,

"You might want to check the box that our recently Mama--got--dismembered was presented to us in for more clues? I mean, if I cared I would, "

Hades begins to inspect the box and calls out almost uncharacteristicly cheerfully-

"Oh Anton, please lets not have any references to the conditions here at the Mansion, we wouldnt want any childhood INCONSISTANCY to be mentioned would we ,dear critic after all, this will be all of our resting places for a while, some more permanently than others."

Last edited:
When Hades picks up the fish and eats it Ariel starts to say something but bites her tounge. There was no reason to make Hades even angrier, after all he is the king of the underworld and can make her future very grim. she sits there quietly pouting to herself and is horrified at sallys rag doll body all broken apart.
looking around, the creepy atmosphere is freaking her out as ghost fly by. she tries to stay focused on the case, but can't help but feel a strange presence in the the room...
tumblr_ljapjsEwOV1qa0iu4o1_500_thumb.gif

Last edited:
Dodo is awakened from his slumber by the clumping and stomping of all the detectives arriving at the ballroom of the HM. He dusts off his coat and locates his cigar and notebook and joins the group. He carefully avoids the flying food from Scar and notices that the bugs appears to be a rather pitiful lot and then sees Ariel toss the fish behind the organ. He decides that he will wait and get the fish from the organ hiding place later when no one is watching.

Things apprear to be going slowly when the package for Jack arrives. The minute he sees the stuffing, his first thought is "I wonder if that would make a comfortable pillow?" Fortunately, he did not utter that thought aloud. Gathering his wits about him, he realizes that the parts of the limbs of poor Sally, the love of Jack's life. He begins to sob, remembering his first love, then realizes that he is blubbering too loudly and others are staring at him strangely. He sniffles and blows his beak loudly in a napkin.

He listens as Scar reads the note aloud. Hmmm, this could be very interesting. Who would do such a terrible things to poor Jack? Determined not to start sobbing again, Dodo decides to write the note down in his little book. He carefully makes the notes and puts the book in his jacket pocket.

Timon rushed into the ballroom running late, his costume had slowed him down considerably as he worked his way through the park. He was breathing heavily as he walked in, his hand over his mouth as he did his best not to be noticed by the crowd around him. This was his first case, and he didn’t want to make a huge deal he had showed up late. He made it just in time to listen to Jack start to explain the problem he was facing.

Timon couldn’t have helped the changed happening around the park and through it was weird to be decorated for Easter. Now that he was hearing what the issue is a feeling of dread started to crawl into his stomach. He loved Halloween, hence him being dressed up, and the thought of someone ruining it ate at him.

And as the newly arrived package arrived Timon’s jaw dropped against the inside of his helmet, his breath fogging the visor so bad he had to pull it up to see, and when he did he caught a glimpse of the inside of the box, his eyes opening as wide as his jaw. As everyone else discussed the next course of action, Timon did his best to bring his thoughts from the limbs strewn in the box and to how to end this grizzly business quickly so he could have a ‘relaxation’ snack.

“Well Who wants to be my partner?”

rafiki05.gif

Rafiki looks on in amazement at the events taking place. "How could anyone do such a thing?" he pondered. He picked up a slice of an orange and thought to himself for a great while about who would have the motive to commit such a crime.

Flying closer to the box containing skeletonman's departed, Ray can't help but shed a small tear. "Don't worry - we a gonna get down to the bottom of this."

2pye1qx.jpg

Ray then flies closer to the box in order to help examine it for any hint as to who has done this horrible deed. He slowly examines it with Hades, lighting up the container's outsides, mumbling about how it's just not right to do that to someone.

Last edited:
Aurora watches as the butler comes in with a rather large box. Aurora is anxious to see what is inside. Once opened and the parts of sally are found she thinks she could have waited a while longer to see that. She listens as the note is read out loud and scribbles some key words into her notebook.

Aurora reminds the detectives who are looking at the box to dust for finger prints and to take lots of pictures.

Aurora decides that it might be a good idea to question the butler who brought the package in. Hopefully he will be able to tell us more about who brought the package to the mansion. Aurora asks Timon if he would like to join her in questioning the butler.

*Still invisible, perched on a chandelier inside the mansion, Chessie watches the action unfold. The Cat watches as Jack receives a box and opens it to find pieces of his beloved Sally, only to start to fall apart himself as Scar reads the note. Suddenly the detectives look up as the disembodied voice of the Cat starts speaking.*

Chessie: 'I'd suggest, Jack, that you pull yourself together. If not, Sally won't be the only thing that has come apart at the seams. But the only difference is that Sally can be put back together again. If you or anyone else comes apart, will you go back together?'

*Scar is not overly surprised at the sudden appearance of Chessie. Afterall his superior sense of smell noticed a strange scent in air. It kind of smelled like limburger cheese.* " I agree with the cat Jack. Pull yourself together. Im sure Dr Finklestein can put Sally back together If we can find her head and Hades can hold off collecting her soul. As for me death doesn't scare me. I know I will have first class accomadations when I go. I have afterall sent a few souls that way myself."ooc.posted frm phone. Will post again from home. First posting period will start soon.

*Scar turns to the others.* "May I suggest searching here at the mansion first? Jack where was Sally's room? You and I will go there and personally search. Everyone else spread out in teams and choose an area here in the mansion."

800px-Scar.jpg

OOC* Our first posting period will start here.3 in 48 hours. Anyone who has not checked in at this point is now considered a VIP unless they mail me. I will be sending out 2 clues soon, but to whom I'm not sure yet....it will be whoever chooses the correct area of the mansion to search first.

View attachment 6796After checking the Wombat 8000, and having retrieved the map of the HM, Hades heads down to the sceance scene area, to see if Leota can give him a "head' start? He thinks the crystal ball area might be just a clues hiding spot.Would he find a clue? He at this point didnt care much, Sallys coming unglued was unfortunate for her and Jack. The lord of the dead however had much more important things to do presently.

Activating the Wombats nocturnal mode, he sets off for the the "other" ball room.

Last edited:
After listening to everyone's comments, Kevin sneaks a look over hades shoulder at his gizmo toy at the map since she is unfamiliar with the haunted mansion. She decides to check the graveyard area to see if sallys missing head might have been placed anywhere around there.

She begins set off after hades..

Back