• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Harrods Anna and Elsa...OMG THEY ARRIVED! De-boxed pics added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrods Anna and Elsa...OMG THEY ARRIVED! De-boxed pics added
I know on my phone, I can save pix from Flickr by "viewing all sizes". I'm sure you can do it from a computer, too. TBH, I've never understood the big deal about stealing pix from the internet. I have like a million saved on my phone. It's easier to view them. However, I don't get what someone would get out of acting like someone else's pix are theirs, either. Was someone using them in an eBay auction or something? I've seen my pix show up that way. I just go, meh, and carry on.

Sincerely asking: why do people get upset when they see their pix show up on other people's feeds and such? I used to make customized / OOAK dolls and I'd see them appear on random sites. I'd get excited and think it was cool. And those dolls were my actual work. I'm really curious about why people get so upset about this. I'm not trying to cause an argument; I'm just trying to understand an emotion that I don't have. Thanks in advance to anyone who explains. :)

O__0 What about the 'Prt Scr' button (I'm a bit surprised?? Known this since about 2001)

Last edited:
Sincerely asking: why do people get upset when they see their pix show up on other people's feeds and such? I used to make customized / OOAK dolls and I'd see them appear on random sites. I'd get excited and think it was cool. And those dolls were my actual work. I'm really curious about why people get so upset about this. I'm not trying to cause an argument; I'm just trying to understand an emotion that I don't have. Thanks in advance to anyone who explains. :)

I have seen people pretend ooak items were of their own creation. I have also had my own photos with me in them used to sell a renaissance dress. It was a dress I had posted on a forum and they grabbed the photos and were using them on a china based website selling knock-offs of dresses. I had them take it down mainly because I was in them. Plus my photo was not an example of their work. I think the main thing is to give credit where credit is due. If everyone said where the photo came from it might not be as big of a problem.

O__0 What about the...method? (I'm a bit surprised?? Known this since 2001??)

Many people are surprisingly clueless about this. But there are many others who know about it.

I know on my phone, I can save pix from Flickr by "viewing all sizes". I'm sure you can do it from a computer, too. TBH, I've never understood the big deal about stealing pix from the internet. I have like a million saved on my phone. It's easier to view them. However, I don't get what someone would get out of acting like someone else's pix are theirs, either. Was someone using them in an eBay auction or something? I've seen my pix show up that way. I just go, meh, and carry on.

I'm really glad you asked this, and so eloquently. I've always been confused by this as well and working out how to ask the same question without sounding judgmental in any way.

O__0 What about the 'Prt Scr' button + paste into paint/photoshop method? (I'm a bit surprised?? Known this since 2001??)

Doing this takes a photo of the screen so in terms of quality it is not the same as say right clicking and selecting the save image as option on a Windows computer.

I know that with the flickr website site you cannot save the images but not sure about the app on your phone. I know I have saved my images from my flickr account to my phone (saves me having to sync my phone to my iphoto account to get my photos off my computer) but I figured that that was because it was my account but I guess that is not the case. I know with Flickr you have options to copyright your images, not sure if selecting those option changes the restrictions? Either way you guys are definitely right, there are so many ways to be able to save images from the internet. I think it best to just assume that once it is out there it is public information (unless it is in a private account that is hacked in to).

I think it is just disheartening especially when you go through all this effort to take photos and then not have any credit for your efforts. It is sort of like you doing all this work and someone else taking credit for it. It is not a nice feeling. If you are credited for it then that is understandable but if you are not it can be rather frustrating. Personally for me it doesnt bother me as much because my photos are nothing exception, but in motherknowsbest's case I can understand where they are coming from because they bought the dolls which are quite rare and on top of that deboxed it and took photos of it. So really they sacrificed quite a lot just to take photos of their collection and then to have that "shared" without being credited at all for all that work and effort can be very upsetting.

I think it all just comes down to the respect for other peoples work and crediting others where they deserve it. I generally find the closer you are to something (i.e the more you put your heart into it) the harder it will be to accept others using it without your permission.

By the way if you wanted to put numbers to it to explain it better, take an OOAK doll for example that would probably cost someone $50 to create it whereas buying this set has put some people back about $800-900 as a result it is harder for people to accept people taking credit for them spending that much money on something compared to the OOAK doll.

That's so sad... Is it just me or do people just use images without asking permission more these days? I remember a time when people used to credit where images came from.

If you need help watermarking your images I'll be happy to do it. Just PM me.

I believe the Flickr issues has to do with the settings. On some accounts I can save pictures in the ways mentioned above, but some state at the top that the owner doesnt allow downloads of thier photos. I also think there might be a way to add watermarks when uploading to Flickr? Or I might be thinking of DeviantArt..

Anyone have any idea as to whether or not these are still on sale or if they have in fact sold out? As it has been well over a week since its release so I just wanted to get an idea of the speed of the sales and whether or not the 500 pound price tag deterred people or not.

Also it will be a good indicator of how the upcoming LE 2500 sets will go in terms of sales.

They told me they will be getting in some more! I don't know how many though or when. :)
She also said they sell out pretty much immediately each time.

Last edited:
I don't know why the one I quoted s still showing up for me but when I go to the image source it is removed...

Can I ask are the shoes metal? They look sort of metal! Or just very nice plastic?

Doing this takes a photo of the screen so in terms of quality it is not the same as say right clicking and selecting the save image as option on a Windows computer.
It captures an exact pixel by pixel image of what is on the screen. But yeah it would take more effort for the would-be-picture-thief to piece together perhaps several prt srns in a program if the full quality image is too large for the maximum resolution they can view on their screen

Windows 2010 also has Snip It, which eliminates the need to paste into Paint. You just save it as is. No pictures will be safe again!

I did not know theese!

Last edited:
I think what I originally got upset about was the fact that the photos were used without even asking, or even saying that the images belonged to someone else at first. What ever happened to common courtesy? I am a firm believer in giving credit wherever credit is due especially when it comes to photos and artwork. I do admit that I may have overreacted at first and now that I take a step back I should have done more to protect my images in the first place,I think I was just shocked as this has never happened to me before. but you live and you learn.

For me, whenever I get a photo stolen with no credit, I get furious. ESPECIALLY when its a rare/expensive item the photo is of. My thought process is that I spent the hundreds of dollars on it, countless hours hunting it down, and the time to take the photo. It is mine. Not anyone else's, and ESPECIALLY not without credit.

I have had photos taken from me for negative confessions, ebay listings (of an extremely, extremely rare Sailor Moon item), and on tumblr from "cute blogs". Cute blogs who think its "cute" to steal photos of my Sailor Moon wands, remove my watermark, and post them and get thousands of notes. It really gets to you. Not everyone can locate or buy certain collectibles. I feel that if I accomplished a feat such as acquiring an item, it belongs to me, and that picture is for sharing my item with people that follow me.

Sounds kind of selfish but I guess that's just how I view it

I think it could be far worse with an original art design or ooak doll. Not to mention some ooak dolls that cost $50 to make can sell for hundreds because of the artistry and work put into them. I think there can be equal outrage against taking any photo no matter what you spent.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to cause an argument. I was just checking if there was something I was missing about stealing photos, and I got my answer. It pretty much comes down to personality or whatever, the way it rubs a person. It's def not about the money someone spent on the subject pictured, because I've seen people get upset over a $20 doll or one that hasn't even come out yet. I think in this day and age, we all need to face reality that once you put something on the internet, it's for the cyber world to do whatever it wants with it. It's like MotherKnowsBest says: it was a learning lesson. At best, it was a shock to go through it for the first time, like she felt violated. Sorry you had some of your innocence lost--I hate when that happens! So in that way I can relate to what you're going through :)

Oh, and PS, I just saved a pic to my computer from Flickr (by viewing all sizes), and I wasn't even signed in. There may be copyrighted photos that can't be saved, but I guess they have to be posted a certain way?

Anyone have any idea as to whether or not these are still on sale or if they have in fact sold out? As it has been well over a week since its release so I just wanted to get an idea of the speed of the sales and whether or not the 500 pound price tag deterred people or not.

Also it will be a good indicator of how the upcoming LE 2500 sets will go in terms of sales.
Going into Harrods today , I will let you know

Sorry, I wasn't trying to cause an argument. I was just checking if there was something I was missing about stealing photos, and I got my answer. It pretty much comes down to personality or whatever, the way it rubs a person. It's def not about the money someone spent on the subject pictured, because I've seen people get upset over a $20 doll or one that hasn't even come out yet. I think in this day and age, we all need to face reality that once you put something on the internet, it's for the cyber world to do whatever it wants with it. It's like MotherKnowsBest says: it was a learning lesson. At best, it was a shock to go through it for the first time, like she felt violated. Sorry you had some of your innocence lost--I hate when that happens! So in that way I can relate to what you're going through :)

Not trying to argue with ya lol just clarifying something; any photograph, written word, drawing, etc that anyone makes is technically copyrighted. Intellectual property covers lot of categories and technically, if you really wanted to be silly, you can sue people for stealing your photos online lol. Its not only rude and in bad taste but also technically illegal! Haha.

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from here and good on your for standing up for yourself too. Sadly I have had this happen many many many times myself, and in the end had to start watermarking my pics, but even then that doesn't always stop people. Its so sad when they think its OK to steal someone elses pictures and use them without asking and without credit, and even worse when people just reply saying "I thought they were cute" or "I thought they were pretty" and thinks that justifies it, as it doesn't ... Its still theft, and like someone else has pointed out its technically illegal too !!

It takes a lot of time to take nice photographs and its VERY upsetting when your work is stolen like that and I really sympathise with your situation. I must admit I have been more reluctant to upload some of my pictures to my blog since having so many stolen, it doesn't matter if its the first time of the 100th, it still hurts. In the end sadly though I think not enough people have the common courtesy or respect to just bother to do the oh so simple polite thing of ASKING, would it REALLY hurt them that much? ... Apparently so with how uppety some people get about such things when I have pointed it out to them AFTER they have used pictures without asking.

You should always report the people who steal your pictures though, I never lie down and take it, just because something happens a lot doesn't mean we should just accept it. If we all did the same then perhaps one day it wouldn't be so much a problem, unlikley but I still live in hope.

Anyway, rant over ... The doll pics were lovely by the way, so sorry you had to remove them.

Now, first off I am so sorry to be doing this for those of you who enjoy looking at these pics. I am also going to apologize to those of you I have promised detailed un-boxed pictures of all my LE Disney dolls. The pictures have been removed from my acct for now until I can find a way of watermarking them all. I am astonished that someone would take my pictures without asking permission first, just as a reminder Under the Flickr community guidelines it states:

What
not
to do
Here’s the deal: We like to give second chances. However, stepping across any of the lines listed below may result in account deletion with or without warning.

• Don’t upload anything that isn't yours.
    This includes other people's photos, video, and/or stuff you've copied or collected from around the Internet. Accounts that consist primarily of such collections may be deleted at any time.
this ^^^^ was taken directly from flickr

These pictures are MINE and as such they are copyrighted.
I love sharing my dolls and my pictures...please don't think that I don't...I am one of the very few de-boxers I want everyone to have a chance to see all of the details I see but this has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

went to Harrods today to look at the new Disney store. it was a small department of harrods but is expanding when the Christmas grotto goes. they also have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique which opens November 25. I took a couple of photos mainly just to show how many frozen sets in.
Untitled by roylee_ly, on Flickr

they had six sets still left on display. I can't believe I was stressing to get one the other week lol.

Im not a numbers person but was curious to see what edition numbers they had left. as I had number 60. to my amazement they had the number 7!!! I thought it would be rude not to buy it lol so now have two . oh well back there on Saturday to return my first one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back