• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from a new collector...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from a new collector...!
Thank you very much! I've had contact about the UK pin, which I'm waiting to hear back about, and someone else has offered me the Two Worlds Musical Moments pin, it seems like a good price but....

Is there anywhere to learn about how to tell pins apart from fakes/scrappers? I did look here but only saw the glossary.

I just got a Frozen lanyard with square-ish pins, is that the new one you're talking about? I've got my eye on the Anna in coronation dress and Elsa in blue OE pins but am not going to pay much more than retail as you say.

I had thought that Anna/Elsa tree pin would be hard to find, going to go have a look now! :D

You should be able to find the OE pins easier as time goes by. The Anna/Elsa tree pin - I don't think that's come out yet, but it's going to be in a mystery set/box so it may be a bit tough to find at first, plus it's coming out only at WDW since the parade the set is based on only happens there.

Unfortunately, I'm not the best person to ask about scrappers as I have been duped a number of times. :facepalm: There are certain things you can look out for... A dull finish, dips in paint, or a rim around the back. But some scrappers are REALLY good-looking... And some authentic pins, not so much! It's a difficult subject. Is there anyone else who can post a link with more information for Frozen_Jane?

Yes! The Frozen lanyard with the square-ish pins was the one I was thinking of. I didn't realize it was released already. :) (I haven't been to the park in several months and I don't collect Frozen.)

The Anna/Elsa tree pin has not been released yet, but will be part of an upcoming mystery set in WDW. :) I can't swear to it, but I think that pin will be an easier/affordable one once that set has been out for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that makes sense! Guess I will wait awhile. I just spent awhile browsing Pinpics, added the ones I have/on the way and was surprised that one of my new Parks pins came up on the trades assistant for a pin that is going for much more on Ebay.... is that normal? I really love the new pin since I got it on my first visit to DL... but I really love the other pin more! And it's going on ebay for a LOT.... is LE... sooooo.... Unless I read the trade thingy wrong. But I clicked on my new pin, 'I Have this pin, What can I get?' and it came up with some awesome pins from my Wants.....

(My pinpics ID is the same as here)

When you click on "I have this pin, what can I get?"on PinPics, it shows you pins from just about EVERYBODY on PinPics... Provided you have a pin that they want, and they have a pin that you want.

So, a person might want a pin that you have, but that doesn't mean they're willing to trade any of their pins for it. There are all sorts of pins, with all different values, some are easy, some are incredibly difficult - so you have to keep that in mind.

Let's say, as an example, there is a new open edition rack pin you want from the parks. Something that costs about $7. Let's say you also happen to have a very hard to find limited edition pin that retails on eBay for $70. Something that you couldn't get at the parks at all - that you had to go to a special event for, or be a cast member to get. Now, you might very well be willing to trade that pin for the right thing, but you are most likely not going to want to trade it for the $7 rack pin.

PinPics doesn't make that sort of distinction for you. So when you click on "I have this pin; what can I get?" And you see a list of pins that seem too good to be true... They probably are. :lol:

I hope that all makes sense. PinPics can be a little complicated. I learned that the hard way when I was a brand new trader too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha! Okay I thought it was too good to be true! I was wondering how it knew each specific pin.... so I guess one of the pins on my haves is worth something to that collector... maybe my Small World pin?

Thank you!

Okay so I got a Pin Pics set up, added the few pins I have and some that I'm willing to trade. Not much but it's a start :) ID is Frozen_Jane, same as here

Thank you! Haha sorry about the awful trade offer, I just worked out that trade thing. It's a shame you can't specify which pins you'd be willing to trade for another specific pin... like a pin matching service :p

I picked up a few traders and my friend is going to DLP so have asked if she will get some Olaf/Alice dreams pins since it seems lots of people want those. Then maybe I can trade them for something on my wants. Like everything though, it seems the ones I like the most are the rare/expensive ones! Lmao Need to add some easy to get ones to my wants list. But I guess thats hy pins are hard to find- because when they're super cool everyone wants them! :lol:

Thank you! Haha sorry about the awful trade offer, I just worked out that trade thing. It's a shame you can't specify which pins you'd be willing to trade for another specific pin... like a pin matching service :p

I picked up a few traders and my friend is going to DLP so have asked if she will get some Olaf/Alice dreams pins since it seems lots of people want those. Then maybe I can trade them for something on my wants. Like everything though, it seems the ones I like the most are the rare/expensive ones! Lmao Need to add some easy to get ones to my wants list. But I guess thats hy pins are hard to find- because when they're super cool everyone wants them! :lol:

Don't worry about it at all - I did the exact same thing when I first started!

The Jane Porter pins are pretty hard to come by, I had to be very patient to get some of the pins in my collection but they came along eventually :)

Good luck with your collection :)

I just read that yesterday! Thanks! it was really helpful, already it helped me with a pin I was going to buy on Ebay...

Hi there and welcome to dpf I think you will find it very hard to collect frozen ltd edition pins but you shouldn't find it very hard to collect the open editions hope this helps good luck on this collection

Hey again everyone! Well I was working a lot so didn't come back until now.

So I managed to get some nice pins, either through online or forums and I even got zapped!!!! I need to take some pics and post what I got.

Also thanks to a kind collector in the UK she got for me the first 2 of the Sleeping Beauty pins and will get the 2nd two, at cost price plus shipping. So grateful for people like her!!!

And my friend went to DLP she got me some of the pins on my list as a surprise! I know she got me the Olaf and Alice Disney Dreams pins which I really wanted. So yay! I also got some traders so will put those up soon :D

Hi! :wavey:
I'll be honest, I had no idea who Jane Porter was until I saw someone's picture of Tarzan with her - LOL! I think those pins are going to be a little difficult to find - Good Luck! I went to Disneyland Paris last summer. Unfortunately I did not start pin collecting until just recently. Luckily I have gotten a couple of DLParis pins through trade. Look forward to seeing you around!
Christine

Hello and welcome!

I'm new to the forum and pin collecting, too. Hopefully when our collections are bigger, we'll be able to trade. I'm into Star Wars and Stitch.

See ya around,
Randy

Hey everyone! Thanks for the messages! :) I'll be sure to keep an eye out for anything good at DLP, hoping to go again in mid august, possibly also to HK Disneyland in Sept. (The advantages of being sent everywhere for work- squeezing in a Disney visit!)

Oh Nintendo theme park would be awesome! I want all the LoZ Amiibo as well as Peach :p

Update: I am now a passholder for HKDL so next time I go if anyone has any wants I can try look. I put some of my updated traders on my pinpics in case anyone wants anything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back