• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
Elsa was delivered yesterday. Mom had to bug the post office cuz there was no notice in our po box yet tracking said 'out for delivery'. The outer shipping box was damaged but luckily not the inside box (that Elsa was in). Got a high number in the 2400s but At this point I am glad it is here!

Elsa was delivered yesterday. Mom had to bug the post office cuz there was no notice in our po box yet tracking said 'out for delivery'. The outer shipping box was damaged but luckily not the inside box (that Elsa was in). Got a high number in the 2400s but At this point I am glad it is here!

<tosses confetti> Half the battle is already won! (As an aside, my favorite is when the tracking says "Notice left" but no notice was left, and even better, the timestamp for this "notice" is when someone was definitely home, in which case no "notice" would be necessary. My coworker and I have determined that this is PO code for "was too lazy to deliver today." Seriously. It's happened to each of us several times.)

My Elsa is in the 2000s too, but since she's 2014 I'm OK with it. Year of release? I'll take it.

Thank goodness she did arrive and with the actual doll box not messed up! :) Hopefully the stars will reward your constant endurance with smoother releases in the future!

(As an aside, my favorite is when the tracking says "Notice left" but no notice was left, and even better, the timestamp for this "notice" is when someone was definitely home, in which case no "notice" would be necessary. My coworker and I have determined that this is PO code for "was too lazy to deliver today." Seriously. It's happened to each of us several times.)

I totally know what you mean! It has happened to me many times. That is just the worst, especially with particular items that you are really looking forward to receiving to the point of checking the tracking progress constantly through the day. :( I agree that those situations are definitely lazy delivery person days.

I totally know what you mean! It has happened to me many times. That is just the worst, especially with particular items that you are really looking forward to receiving to the point of checking the tracking progress constantly through the day. :( I agree that those situations are definitely lazy delivery person days.

In fairness to the USPS, our regular delivery person is AWESOME. If you're not home to sign for something that requires a signature, she will circle back later if she can and make another attempt if she sees signs that someone is home. But the subs are not as dedicated; I don't think they bother to make an attempt at all.

In my coworker's case, his regular person is not cool. He had a package come all the way from Malaysia, and he was getting anxious because it was taking a really long time to arrive (even for such a long distance). The Malaysian postal service site had no updates for a few weeks, so I finally told him to plug the number into USPS. Sure enough, it was in the USPS system with a "Notice left" update from A WEEK BEFORE! So his package was just chilling at the PO for a week, he had *no* idea, and if he had not happened to check the tracking, he never ever would have known. Uh, what?

It says Anna is scheduled for delivery for Saturday! I am sure it will not be til Monday at the earliest since UPS ground doesn't "work" on weekends.

My Elsa made it to me yesterday, safe and sound with no damages, thank god. She's a lot prettier in person than her stock photos, though her hair looks a little wonky. The twist on the side of her head is a little bulkier than what I've seen for other dolls, but I'm just glad to have her here. I hope everyone else gets their dolls soon :(.

My Elsa made it to me yesterday, safe and sound with no damages, thank god. She's a lot prettier in person than her stock photos, though her hair looks a little wonky. The twist on the side of her head is a little bulkier than what I've seen for other dolls, but I'm just glad to have her here. I hope everyone else gets their dolls soon :(.

Yay!!! I'm glad you got her!! I hope everyone else that's still waiting gets their dolls soon!

My partner has told me that my Elsa has arrived at his PO box in the states!! Now it's just a matter of going across border to get it! I'm excited

Mine still says scheduled for delivery on Saturday, which I don't think will happen. It is 4.7 pounds so I'm guessing that's Anna (since Elsa was 4.4 pounds)

Mine still says scheduled for delivery on Saturday, which I don't think will happen. It is 4.7 pounds so I'm guessing that's Anna (since Elsa was 4.4 pounds)

Yup, that's Anna for sure. She's heavy. REALLY heavy. (Sorry, I <3 Kristoff.) Since yours gets transferred to the USPS for actual delivery, maybe it *will* get there by Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Anna came today! Mom had to bug the post office again cuz tracking said it was "out of delivery" and no notice was in our in box.

Anna came today! Mom had to bug the post office again cuz tracking said it was "out of delivery" and no notice was in our in box.

<pops the cork on the champagne> Hooray!!! Now that this ordeal is over, AND you survived the Anna PTN pin release, AND you found your car keys ... Go and take a nap. You probably need it. ;-)

So my sister finally got her dolls today.
And as suspected, they were not perfect. But oh well, they're overseas and returning them will be a hassle, and the damage isn't even bad and will go unnoticeable by pretty much everyone.

Anna: Has an eyelash glued on her Sclera (white part of the eye).
IMG_0462.jpg

Elsa: Has a gem missing from her belt and some weirdly irregular bigger gem too(maybe it was the glue). That's all that I can see for now, she had trouble putting Anna's slip back so she gave up on Elsa.

Shouldn't matter really. She looked at it, was amazed by the beauty, 2 minutes later they were sitting on the top shelf of her bookcase, head to head with the ceiling.... So no body is going to even notice them. lol

But yeah.. This whole situation is finally behind me.
And right now, I'm trying to decide wether or not I wanna go through this whole Kerfuffle again in 6 months. And most likely yeah... But I'm thinking about retiring after Sleeping Beauty. This has become way too stressful for me (and I'm incredibly stressed by everything else in my life) and I feel like my sisters no longer have space in their rooms for more dolls. Maybe I'll pop in every once in a while, but honestly, what started out as fun and full of anticipation turned ugly by Disney Store's (both US and UK) incompetence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back