• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
Don't be scared. I got a little worried seeing you post, so I checked and now miraculously they are on their way (in transit). They will be here by Monday. :hs: Seems like the batch thats been taking so long, may be shipping out now/soon.

Glad yours shipped out finally!! That gives me a little hope. I don't think I'll be able to relax until I see that green tracking information on UPS' website.

Don't be scared. I got a little worried seeing you post, so I checked and now miraculously they are on their way (in transit). They will be here by Monday. :hs: Seems like the batch thats been taking so long, may be shipping out now/soon.

Mine has just been updated too and has the same arrival date! Yay! I hope your order works out ok, Erica! :)

Thanks, Siren! I'm glad yours updated too! That gives me hope that my status will turn green soon. I'm so nervous, I want to pull out all my hair!

Thanks, Siren! I'm glad yours updated too! That gives me hope that my status will turn green soon. I'm so nervous, I want to pull out all my hair!

I am with you on this.
I don't buy these dolls for myself, I buy them for my sisters.
And one of my sisters barely likes the idea of princesses and dolls, but she desperately wanted Elsa (first disney item she's ever asked for). Imagine breaking the news to her that you succeeded in buying the doll but Disney lost it.
Jeez... i'm on spring break.. I had a very stressful week full of homeworks and 4 exams (3 on ONE DAY!) last week, I shouldn't be stressing during my break! Furthermore, it is also unfair for them to do this to us, we shouldn't worry about wether or not we're getting a doll, we already did that 2 months ago, we are guaranteed one of the 5,000! It's frustrating! They should put one of their safety stock on hold for us! Not tell us that they're investigating and to call them again the day after just to be on hold for an hour (40 minutes today!).
They have to fulfill their end of the deal. We paid for them, they have to make sure to supply the dolls! What happened to customer satisfaction?
"We are working with UPS to determine the location of your doll" God Disney, just admit that it's lost!

It's also tough talking to someone who keeps referring to their manager as their fairy godmother... >__>

I'm sorry guys, I'm just overwhelmed. I don't think the stress of last week has left me.

Last edited:
Guys, keep in mind that Disney is handling thousands of units and orders right now out of their distribution center, including many orders of NON Frozen items. I get that it's stressful not knowing where your product is, and I've been in that situation before too, but it's entirely possible that numbers will continue to be processed, updated and sent your way in the upcoming days. Many people today said that they received their emails and updated tracking info.

Also I have to chime in as someone who worked retail for many big brands with heavy customer satisfaction focus. I promise you that the CMs are not trying to sabotage your orders or withold information from you. They are the messengers in an unfortunate or uncertain situation. Please - as a person formally in their roles - be kind to the CMs on the other end of the line. I guarantee they are doing their best to make you happy, but at the end of the day, they are just the messengers.

Guys, keep in mind that Disney is handling thousands of units and orders right now out of their distribution center, including many orders of NON Frozen items. I get that it's stressful not knowing where your product is, and I've been in that situation before too, but it's entirely possible that numbers will continue to be processed, updated and sent your way in the upcoming days. Many people today said that they received their emails and updated tracking info.

Also I have to chime in as someone who worked retail for many big brands with heavy customer satisfaction focus. I promise you that the CMs are not trying to sabotage your orders or withold information from you. They are the messengers in an unfortunate or uncertain situation. Please - as a person formally in their roles - be kind to the CMs on the other end of the line. I guarantee they are doing their best to make you happy, but at the end of the day, they are just the messengers.

Good points! I didn't even think about them shipping non-Frozen related stuff. I got tunnel vision there for a bit I guess. I suppose it happens when you're so anxious to get something. I've noticed that some people have gotten their updated tracking info today, so that gives me hope that mine will come soon too.

I agree with you about the CM. No matter what they say, they are always being watched or monitored and they are limited to the information that they can give. It is frustrating, but it is what it is. And people have no excuse for arguing and shouting at them. Whenever I talk to them I try to laugh every once in a while or say a joke or something, because trust me.... with Frozen coming out today, I bet they're getting millions of phone calls about why Elsa's dolls and dresses are not online. And they deserve to get a good customer interaction every once in a while.
The cast member who talked to me told me that it's been a "frozen day" there, constantly getting calls about frozen.

Wait, Disney sells stuff that has nothing to do with Frozen?!? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

It's never a good idea (or nice or fair) to be *mean* to the customer service people. (Firm with them is another story.) That being said, there comes a point in every call (even ones that have nothing to do with complaints) that The Disney Way starts to wear thin. The last time I called, I think it was Merchandise Guest Services for park products that weren't on the Web site, every sentence contained the word "magical" at least twice. Magical, magical, magical. Everything was magical. By the time she got to "Your magical total is--" I cut her off and said, "Lady, there is nothing 'magical' about my money disappearing!"

What the.... Elsa is back in Japan for the second time, now Anna, who's been waiting in Japan since Monday arrived in the US this morning. What the heck is going on!? Contacting UPS today... This just can't be right.

Seems like Elsa forgot to bring Annas pass this time

It's a mess, hopefully it will be sorted out soon and every ordered Anna and Elsa arrives safely.

Seems like Elsa forgot to bring Annas pass this time

It's a mess, hopefully it will be sorted out soon and every ordered Anna and Elsa arrives safely.
Have no idea... the arrival was first set to be yesterday (Tuesday) now it's Monday next week - if they don't decide to send Elsa back to the US a third time while Anna makes her way to Japan for a second time.
Seriously I can't wrap my mind around what's going on. Why would you keep sending packages back and forth between continents? I can see any logical explanation - which is why I've decided to contact UPS when my classes are over. At least I want to know if they have any kind of reason for keep shipping my dolls to Japan, let them clear customs and leave them there for 2 days and then send them back to Memphis and then let them do the same procedure again.

Have no idea... the arrival was first set to be yesterday (Tuesday) now it's Monday next week - if they don't decide to send Elsa back to the US a third time while Anna makes her way to Japan for a second time.
Seriously I can't wrap my mind around what's going on. Why would you keep sending packages back and forth between continents? I can see any logical explanation - which is why I've decided to contact UPS when my classes are over. At least I want to know if they have any kind of reason for keep shipping my dolls to Japan, let them clear customs and leave them there for 2 days and then send them back to Memphis and then let them do the same procedure again.

That is crazy! Definitely call and see what is going on. I know it's not on the same scale, but I did notice that my Anna (who arrived safely yesterday, as scheduled) had made MANY stops along the way to me. Usually packages go from Memphis direct to the UPS warehouse in the next town over from me. But when I checked Anna's tracking yesterday, she had made stops in four different states along the way. Elsa, who also left from Memphis and is coming to the same destination, has so far made two additional stops, and they are different from Anna's.

I think I've decided to stop questioning what they're doing. It makes my head hurt. :p

These shipping problems are getting ridiculous!! Maybe DS needs another warehouse, cause it's clear that the one in Memphis can't keep up anymore. I still have no movement on my doll, so Disney will be getting another call from me tonight, as it's been 48 hours since I last called, and 3 full days since my shipping label was created.

I guess there is something wrong with the tracking, and they werent in Osaka at all but I don't really know anything about these things it's just an idea.

I just saw a post on the Limited Edition Dolls Facebook page that someone called the Disney Store, and they are now saying wait 5-7 business days after the label is created for shipping. So for anyone waiting for their doll(s) to be in transit and received the shipping notice Friday, that could be anywhere up to next Tuesday. I'm planning on calling the Disney Store later and see if that's what they tell me too.

I just saw a post on the Limited Edition Dolls Facebook page that someone called the Disney Store, and they are now saying wait 5-7 business days after the label is created for shipping. So for anyone waiting for their doll(s) to be in transit and received the shipping notice Friday, that could be anywhere up to next Tuesday. I'm planning on calling the Disney Store later and see if that's what they tell me too.

On the one hand, that's good news, because it means in most cases, there hasn't been a disaster (yet). It's just that your doll hasn't actually left the warehouse yet. On the other, that stinks. As others have pointed out, Disney has a huge volume of packages to process. BUT I would argue that they knew this release was coming. They've known since pre-January 10th, when the US preorders launched. They should have taken steps to ensure a smoother process. Especially since (sorry to rub salt in anyone's wounds) I ordered Baby Sven from the Web site on Monday and I received a shipping notification last night and this morning the tracking says it will be here by tomorrow. So an order that I placed two days ago was successfully processed/completed BEFORE orders that people placed two months ago? Seriously? I'd be cheesed off if my dolls weren't in transit by now.

The Disney Store Customer Service is really screwed up. I just got a voicemail saying they were calling to confirm I received my doll. But I have not. They're probably referring to Elsa, who came yesterday. So now I have a nice long wait on hold with Customer Service to tell them they've got their tracking numbers mixed up. I have a sinking feeling they're going to say they were shipped together, Anna was lost in shipping and screw me out of a doll.

The Disney Store Customer Service is really screwed up. I just got a voicemail saying they were calling to confirm I received my doll. But I have not. They're probably referring to Elsa, who came yesterday. So now I have a nice long wait on hold with Customer Service to tell them they've got their tracking numbers mixed up. I have a sinking feeling they're going to say they were shipped together, Anna was lost in shipping and screw me out of a doll.

Ohhh, and you'll have to listen to that deadly music the whole time you wait! As J'aimie pointed out, the CS folks are just the messengers delivering the information they have available to them. But I can tell you that when I was worried about my Elsa, I logged in to DS.com and discovered that while my shipping confirmation emails had two tracking #s (one for Anna and another for Elsa), DS.com's system was showing the same tracking # for both. So it is highly possible that whoever looks it up could see one tracking # listed for both (which indicates "delivered") *but that might not be the case in reality*. This is what I'm saying about being firm: You need someone to help you, so take a deep breath and just press them to delve a little deeper. Give them the other tracking # if they don't have it, see if they can look it up in the UPS system with you on the phone, etc.

It did occur to me at lunchtime, while I was staring into space, that I wonder if Disney's warehouse did not receive ALL of the dolls in a timely fashion, and that's why some of the orders are taking so long to process. Maybe the shipment to THEM was delayed, so they processed as many orders as they could but then had to wait for the rest of the dolls to arrive??? I don't know. I'm just glad that I'm not a doll collector in general (just Frozen and Alice, although I'm still waiting to trade a kidney for Alice, ha ha) because I don't have the temperament to go through this on a regular basis. :p

Okay, so I spoke to someone, and they said the doll was probably lost in shipment. Exactly what I had said they would say. They told me that they will issue me a replacement Anna doll (I really don't know how that's possible since they're sold out) and said that it would ship in 5-7 business days. They said once it shipped I would get another blast off email with shipping information. At this point, I have a really bad feeling I'm not going to get a doll.

Okay, so I spoke to someone, and they said the doll was probably lost in shipment. Exactly what I had said they would say. They told me that they will issue me a replacement Anna doll (I really don't know how that's possible since they're sold out) and said that it would ship in 5-7 business days. They said once it shipped I would get another blast off email with shipping information. At this point, I have a really bad feeling I'm not going to get a doll.

Fun fact (which I learned from reading either Polaris's or Shivatopia's posts): They *do* have a modest stash of extra dolls to use as replacements, should any be lost or damaged in transit. Not sure how many or what percentage, etc, so that's why it's important to get your "claim" in early. Once they run out of replacements, the ONLY thing they can do is issue a refund. And while that's technically "fair," it really doesn't help you if you want the doll and have to resort to eBay or elsewhere.

I'm sorry to hear that your doll was lost, but I am glad they are correcting the problem!

I'm just worried that I'll call up next week to check the status of it hasn't shipped yet and they'll tell me "oh we couldn't ship it because we have no more dolls". That worries me. I feel like I'm going to lose out on getting the doll. Or I could get 2 dolls because I really feel that the first doll is still sitting in their warehouse waiting to be shipped to UPS.

Good god, Disney, get your crap together :(. I received my Anna this morning, but Elsa's tracking hasn't updated since "A shipping label has been created". I just called customer service, and while the woman was nice, the only thing she basically said was they'd look into it and give me a call back in one to two business days. I understand that they're handling large volumes of orders, but I can't help thinking that someone in the DS warehouse needs to get their head out of their butt and start paying attention to their job. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back